Bootloader?

Search This thread

BloodHawkEye

Dec 19, 2013
I wanted to know about unlocking the bootloader and if possible remove the Samsung galaxy grand gt-i9082 logo from start. Also, I forgot to backup the default CyanogenMod while downloading another one from ROM toolbox. So, of anyone could upload the default cm11's bootlogo zip. Thanks.

RVR

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 29, 2012
Mumbai
rutvikrajagopal.in
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
I wanted to know about unlocking the bootloader and if possible remove the Samsung galaxy grand gt-i9082 logo from start. Also, I forgot to backup the default CyanogenMod while downloading another one from ROM toolbox. So, of anyone could upload the default cm11's bootlogo zip. Thanks.

do u mean boot animation ?? if yes and ur on a stockbased rom then u hv to flash the custom boot animation enabler

Reactions: BloodHawkEye

iceyhotguy

Jan 27, 2012

What rutvikrvr said,

Follow this guide to enable custom bootanimation and CM11 bootanimation is in the 3rd post.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2462423

iceyhotguy

Jan 27, 2012
What about an unlocked bootloader? Is it possible?

What exactly do you want to unlock in the bootloader.

The unlocked bootloader concept exists in HTC because they have a UI before you can access the recovery and flash image files. But for Samsung and Sony there are two distinct modes available, Recovery Mode and Download Mode, so there has been no point in messing with the bootloader.

BloodHawkEye

Dec 19, 2013

The unlocked bootloader concept exists in HTC;) because they have a UI before you can access the recovery and flash image files. But for Samsung and Sony there are two distinct modes available, Recovery Mode and Download Mode, so there has been no point in messing with the bootloader.
In CyanogenMod 11, the option exists if we wanted to be prompted to enter a mode on boot. This drove me to curiositya and can't we remove the Samsung galaxy grand screen that shows at first.

Last edited:

iceyhotguy

Jan 27, 2012
In CyanogenMod 11, the option exists if we wanted to be prompted to enter a mode on boot. This drove me to curiositya and can't we remove the Samsung galaxy grand screen that shows at first.

I read through a handful of posts on XDA regarding this. From what I learnt is that it was possible till early 2011 by using busybox to make some files writable but since then members haven't been able to change the model number splash screen. But the loophole was closed by Samsung and it's now hard-coded into the bootloader. Editing the bootloader is possible, but editing or removing the boot splash screen is not an easy task to say the least.

jayc137

Sep 5, 2012
Mumbai
I read through a handful of posts on XDA regarding this. From what I learnt is that it was possible till early 2011 by using busybox to make some files writable but since then members haven't been able to change the model number splash screen. But the loophole was closed by Samsung and it's now hard-coded into the bootloader. Editing the bootloader is possible, but editing or removing the boot splash screen is not an easy task to say the least.

... Also have a chance of HardBricking the phone if we edit the phone improperly.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

do u mean boot animation ?? if yes and ur on a stockbased rom then u hv to flash the custom boot animation enabler

What rutvikrvr said,

Follow this guide to enable custom bootanimation and CM11 bootanimation is in the 3rd post.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2462423
    What about an unlocked bootloader? Is it possible?

The unlocked bootloader concept exists in HTC because they have a UI before you can access the recovery and flash image files. But for Samsung and Sony there are two distinct modes available, Recovery Mode and Download Mode, so there has been no point in messing with the bootloader.