[Q] Screen Rotation Issue, Erisin ES788G

Search This thread

RoryLG

Mar 10, 2014
Hi, looking for some help after searching everywhere to try and solve this.

Problem is with a Chinese AIO unit (erisin.com/erisin-es788g-7-1-din-in-dash-touchscreen-in-car-dvd_p323.html) running WinCE 6.0.

I'm trying to permanently rotate the screen 180 degrees.

I'm locked out of the wince desktop and any programs i use i have to launch from setting the sat nav path to a diffrent .exe.

I started by trying to change the registry value [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\GDI\Rotation] but this had no effect :/ Might be the unit resetting the value or the crappy regedit tool i used.

I then popped ceFFM on the SD card and installed that (a few couldn't create shortcut errors), when running CEMenu.exe the rotate button (helpers\CeScreenRotate.exe) will set the screen rotation how i want it (when pressed twice) but will not stay like it if the unit is restarted.

Any help with making the unit boot up with an already rotated screen will be very much appreciated as it's starting to make me go insane!

Cheers, Rory

RoryLG

Mar 10, 2014

I don't think my issue is with the driver, as the CeScreenRotate.exe that comes with ceFFM will rotate my screen, not really had much experiance with winCE and i just feel like i'm missing something really obvious to lock the screen in the position i want.

Is there a standalone .exe for 'Solution Explorer' available? as that is was Microsoft say to use to change project.reg, seeing as i'm having no luck with a standalone reg editor? (msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee504554%28v=winembedded.60%29.aspx)

Would seem to be alot easier if they didn't make these units so awkward to modify. :/

Cheers, Rory

Top Liked Posts