dhirajranger

May 28, 2013
Indore
guys i'm facing problem with getting fastboot to work
no matter which drivers i use fastboot doesnt recognize my phone

I,m using win 8.1 x64 if anybody got fastboot to work pls guide me

1manshow

Jun 28, 2009
Same issue here. I'm also having troubles installing fastboot drivers. In fact, there are some drivers missing in device manager as per this screenshot -
EzMaQ7u.jpg

1manshow

Jun 28, 2009
Don't know if you've heard about it yet, but if you type stuff in to this called google you can find all sorts of stuff. fastboot windows 8

Already tried those methods of installing drivers in Win 8.1 x64, nothing works. Adb works fine, but fastboot drivers doesn't get installed and we still see those unknown E7 devices as mentioned above. If someone else have all drivers installed, kindly share us the method to install all drivers properly. Another reason to hate this driver enforcement crap!

1manshow

Jun 28, 2009
Can you share the bootloader drivers you are trying to install via inf files? I can try it on my system. I've already enabled test mode on my system and disabled driver enforcement checks.

dhirajranger

May 28, 2013
Indore

trishulrai

Oct 30, 2010
Fastboot Drivers

Did anyone figure out how to get fastboot working? I am having the same issue. ADB works fine when the phone is off (battery charging logo on the screen) but when I go into fastboot mode (the red gionee logo displayed) the phone is not recognized by ADB or FASTBOOT commands.

1manshow

Jun 28, 2009
^^ That issue can't be resolved under Windows 8.1 64 bit, I tried almost everything but vain. Only way it can work is to install Win XP 32 bit, and then try with the drivers posted above. It should work hopefully. Problem is my SSD is quite low on space so I won't be able to dual boot XP. If anyone else can try this on XP, let us know.

dhirajranger

May 28, 2013
Indore
^^ That issue can't be resolved under Windows 8.1 64 bit, I tried almost everything but vain. Only way it can work is to install Win XP 32 bit, and then try with the drivers posted above. It should work hopefully. Problem is my SSD is quite low on space so I won't be able to dual boot XP. If anyone else can try this on XP, let us know.

i am trying xp as i've bricked my phone there seems no other way than to try unbrick with xp

dhirajranger

May 28, 2013
Indore
I have bricked my phone too and I am using Windows XP 32 bit. I am still not able to get fastboot working

Attached is the image of my device manager

can you boot into fastboot mode by vol down + power (flashing gionee logo). if yes then it would be easy to unbrick your phone. i will post whole unbrick guide as soon as i unbrick my phone.

1manshow

Jun 28, 2009
You people need to install the E7 Flash tools posted in development thread on your XP. Then use that to flash back the Gionee stock firmware to your phone.

trishulrai

Oct 30, 2010
can you boot into fastboot mode by vol down + power (flashing gionee logo). if yes then it would be easy to unbrick your phone. i will post whole unbrick guide as soon as i unbrick my phone.

When I press the vol down + power button, it turns the phone off if it is ON. When I press vol down + power when the phone is OFF, it just shows a RED Gionee Logo (no flashing logo). when I run adb reboot-bootloader, it also goes to this red Gionee logo screen and stays there. I assumed this was the fastboot mode. When the red gionee logo shows, my PC does not recognize the phone at all. Pressing Vol up + power loads the Android System Recovery (3e)

You people need to install the E7 Flash tools posted in development thread on your XP. Then use that to flash back the Gionee stock firmware to your phone.

I downloaded the GNQC_Download_User_V1.6.9.0, but I cannot understand how to use it. All the instructions included are in Chinese and google translate also doesn't do a very good job translating it in English that I can understand. Is there a guide available on how to use this tool in English?

Last edited:

dhirajranger

May 28, 2013
Indore
When I press the vol down + power button, it turns the phone off if it is ON. When I press vol down + power when the phone is OFF, it just shows a RED Gionee Logo (no flashing logo). when I run adb reboot-bootloader, it also goes to this red Gionee logo screen and stays there. I assumed this was the fastboot mode. When the red gionee logo shows, my PC does not recognize the phone at all. Pressing Vol up + power loads the Android System Recovery (3e)

I downloaded the GNQC_Download_User_V1.6.9.0, but I cannot understand how to use it. All the instructions included are in Chinese and google translate also doesn't do a very good job translating it in English that I can understand. Is there a guide available on how to use this tool in English?

i,m going to post all instructions . your phone gets in fastboot mode that is a plus (even if its not detected by pc). i will post all instructions here as soon as i unbrick my phone (currently having problms installing xp as i have harddisk in GPT)

dont worry your phone is fully recoverable