[Q] gyroscope

Search This thread

imnew214

Mar 11, 2013
danville, nh
Been looking all day, and can't find an answer. I've been trying to calibrate my gyroscope through GPS status, and a few other programs. Also tried doing it through *#0*#, and waving the phone in figure eights. It will calibrate just fine, but when I reboot the settings go away. Anyone have any idea how to fix it?

Last edited:

imnew214

Mar 11, 2013
danville, nh
I honestly don't think I need a new device. When it was stock it worked fine. But I'm on MLG deodex ROM now and that's where the problem started. I even tried nc2 international and dynamic but those all have the same issue for me. My screen rotation works fine. Maybe I meant to say compass not gyro. Not sure if they are one and the same. But when I use a compass app I have to do the figure 8 to calibrate it then if I reboot it resets it back to being all wonky. Any help is greatly appreciated.

sandman7793

Apr 24, 2012
Naples
www.infinitygigabyte.com
I honestly don't think I need a new device. When it was stock it worked fine. But I'm on MLG deodex ROM now and that's where the problem started. I even tried nc2 international and dynamic but those all have the same issue for me. My screen rotation works fine. Maybe I meant to say compass not gyro. Not sure if they are one and the same. But when I use a compass app I have to do the figure 8 to calibrate it then if I reboot it resets it back to being all wonky. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mine has never worked correctly from the beginning. It's a note 3 hardware issue. Replacement phone won't help. Here's a screen shot, just to make sure this is what your talking about. In the picture I'm not facing the direction it says.

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1401224012635.jpg
    1401224012635.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 59

imnew214

Mar 11, 2013
danville, nh
Have you tried calibrating yours at all though? Try the swinging your phone in a figure 8 for a few seconds, then check it. If it works, try a reboot and see if yours sticks or goes wonky again.

sandman7793

Apr 24, 2012
Naples
www.infinitygigabyte.com
Have you tried calibrating yours at all though? Try the swinging your phone in a figure 8 for a few seconds, then check it. If it works, try a reboot and see if yours sticks or goes wonky again.

Ya I've tried. Even went in the service menu and got the green line aligned and setup. But just like you, after a reboot is over.

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app