Blackberry APK

Search This thread
Jul 26, 2013
Hi everybody

I hope this is the right section for my question, if not, please don't kill me.

I'm a Blackberry Q10 user. We can run Android apps on Blackberry because there is a emulator that comes with the phone. Most applications run very smoothly, although there is one that doesn't work. And I just don't know why...

The Z10 (the bigger Blackberry) can run "The Simpsons Tapped Out" without any problems, although the Q10 (the Blackberry with touch and keyboard) cannot. When you launch the application it will show the splash screen (EA logo, etc) and then it will turn black for infinite time.

First I thought it was a resolution issue. I decompiled the standard APK from the Play Store, changing the resolution with some success. The splash screen is now the "normal" size for the screen (720x720). Rest is still the same. Then I thought, it might be a data issue. I've downloaded all the data, extracted it, etc. Without success.

Now, I am clueless, I'm not a programmer and I tried for several hours fixing the problem. I just can't, I need help on this on.

Would anyone here be so kind, helping me in this process of finding out why the screen turns black?

Kind regards

mohamedrashad

Nov 15, 2012
ismailia
Hi everybody

I hope this is the right section for my question, if not, please don't kill me.

I'm a Blackberry Q10 user. We can run Android apps on Blackberry because there is a emulator that comes with the phone. Most applications run very smoothly, although there is one that doesn't work. And I just don't know why...

The Z10 (the bigger Blackberry) can run "The Simpsons Tapped Out" without any problems, although the Q10 (the Blackberry with touch and keyboard) cannot. When you launch the application it will show the splash screen (EA logo, etc) and then it will turn black for infinite time.

First I thought it was a resolution issue. I decompiled the standard APK from the Play Store, changing the resolution with some success. The splash screen is now the "normal" size for the screen (720x720). Rest is still the same. Then I thought, it might be a data issue. I've downloaded all the data, extracted it, etc. Without success.

Now, I am clueless, I'm not a programmer and I tried for several hours fixing the problem. I just can't, I need help on this on.

Would anyone here be so kind, helping me in this process of finding out why the screen turns black?

Kind regards

You have to logcat, but since this is a BB device it's hard to help, maybe some libraries are missing in the emulator :rolleyes::rolleyes:

mohamedrashad

Nov 15, 2012
ismailia
Logcat is a program that tracks all system actions, you can read the log to debug your rom or apps

for your prblem i suggest that the game need specific resultion that is not avaiable on the small q10 screen