Help, My phone is Bricked

Search This thread

icerebro

Nov 9, 2011
Hi people. I neen your help for booting my phone.

I had Stock 4.4.2, Moto X with camera update and Locked Bootloader, today I stupidly flashed a ROM 4.4.4, I know I have to be on UB, but I forgot it, it was an impulse. I got an error in the flashing, then I tried to flash my sbf Stock Version, but now it says Downgraded security something with gpt and I cannot flash anything, I mean starts flahsing but in boot.img it got stucked, please if someone tried the same and could help me please.

Thanks in advance.

Mahesh8348

Feb 18, 2014

I had Stock 4.4.2, Moto X with camera update and Locked Bootloader, today I stupidly flashed a ROM 4.4.4, I know I have to be on UB, but I forgot it, it was an impulse. I got an error in the flashing, then I tried to flash my sbf Stock Version, but now it says Downgraded security something with gpt and I cannot flash anything, I mean starts flahsing but in boot.img it got stucked, please if someone tried the same and could help me please.

Thanks in advance.

Without Bootloader unlocking how can u flash a rom to your device thats first Mistake ... I think u cant back to u r device...

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010

Thanks in advance.

Without Bootloader unlocking how can u flash a rom to your device thats first Mistake ... I think u cant back to u r device...

Yep, you are stuck until the full 4.4.4 SBF is released for your carrier. Shouldn't have done that.

Who is your carrier? If it is AT&T, you are in luck! The 4.4.4 SBF was just released. If not....bummer - you will have to wait. Can't flash a ROM with a different CID with a locked BL.

I highly suggest you don't attempt to manually force the older rom. Really, beyond the fact that you flashed the wrong ROM, how did you miss all the warnings that downgrade = brick?

Tough situation to be in. Hopefully you have an AT&T unit. If so, we can help get you fixed up.

icerebro

Nov 9, 2011
Well, I have solved it Unlocking my Bootloader and then reinstalling the rom 4.4.4 retail from Brazil. It works now.
I have a question, now I am in Brazil but I am from Perú, and when I try to change the APN for the one I use in Perú, it deletes itself, so I can not change the APN or create a new one because i can not save it. What is the problem in there?
My phone was Nextel operator, then I unlock it, never had a problem.

Hope your help.

Thanks!