[REF][UPDATED 09/08]List of Diamond Tweaks

Search This thread

Pharaohnough

Mar 12, 2007
Cairo
POCO M3 Pro / Redmi Note 10 5G
This is a summary of Diamond tweaks collected from various threads on XDA and from people's contributions. Thanks to all who discovered the Tweaks (not mentioning by name because there's too many to mention and all I did is aggregate). This is a collective effort so let's keep the list growing! :)

thread. Let's keep the comments in the
Warning: Be sure you know what you're doing and read around the Diamond forums to see where others have run into trouble and with which tweaks on which ROMs. Many people have had to Hard Reset their devices while others have had no problems so read up!

1. Boost TFL3D Performance --> Using Advanced Config, change File system cache to 8mb and file system filter cache to 131072

2. Boost TFL3D Performance --> HKLM\System\Storagemanager\Fatfs and change key Cachesize from 16384 to 32768

3. Wake Up on New SMS --> HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL : DisableSMSWakeUpEvent <-- set to "1" by default. Change value to "0"

4. Switch Mute Call on phone flipped face down: HKLM\Software\HTC\PHONE : FaceDownMuteRing: change value to "1" (FIXED: thanks KuKuRiKu and everyone)

5. Change CallWaiting Tone --> HKLM\Software\HTC\PHONE : by default set to \windows\waitingtone.wav by default. change to anything else

6. Boost TFL3D Scrolling Speed --> - HKLM\SYSTEM\GDI\GLYPHCACHE\limit = 16384 or 32768 (DWORD decimal)
- To change it back to the default: - HKLM\SYSTEM\GDI\GLYPHCACHE\limit = 8192 (DWORD decimal)

7. To do a Hard Reset, with the phone ON, hold down the Volume Down and Enter (round navigation) keys and press soft reset while they are pressed

8. Prevent screen switching off during phone call --> HKEY_Local_Machine\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL\EnableFastDormantDisplayDuringCall to 0 (Note: does not work on all ROMs)
AND (tested and works on EU ROMs thanks to Rod65)
HKCU\ControlPanel\Phone\Sleep switch value from 1 to 0

9. Downlod original CONTENT folder (Wallpaper, VIDEO, MUSIC) here http://rapidshare.com/files/121271047/CONTENT_Internal_storage.rar.html

10. Set HTC Album X button to close not minimize:ok_minimize change value to 0

11. Disable Enlarged Title bar (when you click on a notification) to the default WM behavior: HKLM->Software->HTC->EnlargeTitleBar - and change "Enable" from 1 to 0.

12. Turn off startup aninmation and sound: HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\HTC\HTCAnimation\ -> rename both "StartupGif" and "StartupWav" to other names

13. Enable GPS photo: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Camera\P10 -> change the value "enabled" from 0 to 1

15. Another supposed TFL3D tweak for better performance: HKLM\Software\OEM\TFLOSettings:
SpeedHigh: default value (25) <-- Change to (5) / SpeedLow : default value (70) <-- Chnge to (14) save and soft reset

16. Adjust screen sensitivity: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\TouchPanel
Value = PressureThreshold
Change from the default dword:00000027 or 34 to dword:000000f0 or 240 in decimal

17. Lightsensor Switching the Screen off- realised by yelitterulez, confirmed by pietrucci and tested by myself. When making a call the screen stays on if you leave the phone lying flat on a table. If you wait 10 seconds into the call, you can pick it up to your ear and the screen stays on.

BUT if you make a call with the phone slightly tilted/ slanted (you get the idea), the screen turns off as soon as the call gets connected!
The moment you hold the phone to your head the blacklight turns off. In fact: the moment you hide the screen with anything it turns off! (try your hand...).
This might be the reason why everybody's complaining about the screen turning off during a call: you hold the phone to your head! When you turn the screen back on manually, it stays on no matter if you hold your hand or head...

18. Automatically lock your Diamond --> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\BackLight\AutoDevic eLockEnable from 0 to 1 and everytime your backlight goes off the device is locked

19. More Camera Modes:
To Enable 'Burst': HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Camera\P6 -> change the value "enabled" from 0 to 1

To Enable 'Sport': HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Camera\P8 -> change the value "enabled" from 0 to 1

To Enable 'Video Share': HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Camera\P9 -> change the value "enabled" from 0 to 1

20. Delay device autolock: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\BackLight\AutoDeviceLockTimeout -> Change the Dword value (30 = 30 seconds, etc)

21. Enable Manual Screen Rotation (Portrait/Landscape): HKLM - System - GDI - Rotation - HideOrientationUI (change from 1 to 0)

22. Hide SIM Contacts: HKCU\ControlPanel\Phone - create a new DWORD value named "ShowSim" and set it to 0

23. Show Weekday in TFL3D (thanks to pulp) - download and install http://rapidshare.com/files/127174792/weekday.cab

24. Enable HSUPA:
HKLM\Software\HTC\AdvancedNetwork\SupportHSUPA =change it to 1

25. Enable Audio Booster without headset-->HKLM/System/State/Hardware/Headset set the value to 1 (soft reset will bring it back to 0)

26. Add a Call History tab to TF3D (discovered by sushilange, spread by Fabliv) --> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=410180

27. Add new Cities to TF3D
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=408918 - thanks to R. DevilR

28. Remove orphan icons and shortcuts
- http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2461697&postcount=3

29. Four icons in a row in WM Programs/Settings screens - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2462244&postcount=16

30. Remove Vertical and Horizontal Scrollbars
For the horizontal (bottom) scrollbar:
HKLM\System\GWE\cyHScr = 0 (DWORD decimal)
For the vertical (right) scrollbar:
HKLM\System\GWE\cxVScr = 0 (DWORD decimal)

31. Remap Manila softkeys:
HKLM/Software/HTC/manila/
HomeLSKPath, which is the left softkey (Standard = Phonepad)
And
HomeRSKPath, which is the right softkey.
If you change these with the location of the programs you want to link to, and simultaneous change the names:
HomeLSKText = Left softkey text
And
HomeRSKText = Right softkey text.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\HTCAlbum :

32. Change system and context menu font size:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\gwe\menu\popfnt
and change the value for the "Ht" entry to "1000" decimal (from 1200)

33. Increase maximum picture size when shooting in Burst and Sports mode:
When activating "burst" and "sport" the max size of the pictures is "L" but if you change:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\Camera\P8\MainCamCaptSize value to 1024
and
HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\Camera\P8\MainCamSupportCaptSize to 1744Do the same for P6 and you can now shoot in these modes up to 3M and not just L - thanks to nnevynn for

34. Get Blackberry Connect working on your Diamond!! (thanks to cybertech99)
http://rapidshare.com/files/114522380/BBConnect_WM6_Profession.cab

35. Disable Diamond Phonepad Skin
HKLM -> Security -> Phone -> Skin -> Enable (set 1 to 0), then reset.

36. Enable Better Power Management
HKLM\Drivers\SDCARD\ClientDrivers\Class\SIM_Class
Set DisablePowerManagement = 0 (default=1)

HKLM\Drivers\SDCARD\ClientDrivers\Class\MMC_Class

HKLM\Drivers\SDCARD\ClientDrivers\Class\NAND_Class

Last edited:

PPC-Warrior

Dec 20, 2006
nice one on the sms wake. We should expand the list! THanks!

Update:
Thanks for updating the list!

Since I don't see a tweak for Disabling SMS Conversation (The costly SMS Chat) I will post it here!

Disable SMS Conversation in WM 6.X

In Registry Editor: Create a folder named "OEM" in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings"

In the new "OEM" folder, make a new DWORD key called "SMSInboxThreadingDisabled" and give it a value of "1"

That will disable the SMS conversation. When you click on the messages on the SMS tab on TF3D, it will take you to the normal SMS inbox instead.

Hope it helps :)

Last edited:

maxermaxer

Sep 26, 2007
Great!

This is very useful and it helps solve a lot of problem. Will the cache size change make the D unstable?:)

saveferris

Jun 4, 2008
This is a summary of the proven tweaks taken from the Diamond Tweaks thread. Let's keep the comments in the Diamond Tweaks thread and keep this one as a list of the actual tweaks only to be an easily accessible summary. Thanks to all who discovered the Tweaks :cool:

1. Boost TFL3D Performance --> Using Advanced Config, change File system cache to 8mb and file system filter cache to 131072

2. Boost TFL3D Performance --> HKLM\System\Storagemanager\Fatfs and change key Cachesize from 16384 to 32768

3. Wake Up on New SMS --> HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL : DisableSMSWakeUpEvent <-- set to "1" by default. Change value to "0"

4. Switch Mute Call on phone flipped face down: HKLM\Software\HTC\PHONE : FaceDownMuteRing: change value to "0"

5. Change CallWaiting Tone --> HKLM\Software\HTC\PHONE : by default set to \windows\waitingtone.wav by default. change to anything else

I have had a real issue with number 2, I had to do a hard reset after changing the Cachesize to 32768. During startup the device hanged and wouldn't load up the touch flow, nothing worked.

someone1234

May 25, 2008
Hmm afaik 'File system cache' in 1) is the same as the key HKLM\System\Storagemanager\Fatfs\cachsize in 2).

So tip 1 sets it to 8mb, and tip 2 changes it from 16mb to 32mb. So that suggests its 16m to start with?

Sounds like the file system filter cache is whats making the main difference. Thats this key:

HKLM\System\StorageManager\Filters\fsreplxfilt\Rep lStoreCacheSize

Can someone maybe post the original values of these two keys?

King of Rapture™

Jan 27, 2007
Sultanate of Oman
Hmm afaik 'File system cache' in 1) is the same as the key HKLM\System\Storagemanager\Fatfs\cachsize in 2).

So tip 1 sets it to 8mb, and tip 2 changes it from 16mb to 32mb. So that suggests its 16m to start with?

Sounds like the file system filter cache is whats making the main difference. Thats this key:

HKLM\System\StorageManager\Filters\fsreplxfilt\Rep lStoreCacheSize

Can someone maybe post the original values of these two keys?

There are 3 values to be changed.

1. The Icon Cache which is suggested to be changed to 131072. The registry setting is:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\GDI\GLYPHCACHE]
"limit"=dword:00020000

The value is shown as hexadecimal, which is equivalent to 131072 in decimal.

2. The second value is to be changed in FAT File System cache.

3. The third value is to be changed is Filters File System cache.

The cache sizes in #2 and #3 are usually kept same, for example 32768 decimal (32MB). Though, this eats up a lot of memory, but makes the system very fast. Lately, I have seen in KaiSer and Universal that these values are set as dynamic values.

Hope this is helpful.

KOR! :)

RaptorRVL

Jun 7, 2005
Just read about a 'tweak' in another thread. It seems disabling "GPRS auto attach" in Advanced Configuration Tool helps in preserving battery live.

Read about it here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=395301

For me turning that option to off would be best solution as well. Even more so if it really helps save the battery.
Since I don't have a Diamond yet I havent gotten a chance to actually test this tweak.

Pharaohnough

Mar 12, 2007
Cairo
POCO M3 Pro / Redmi Note 10 5G
Another thing I've found eats up a lot of battery life is the schedule to check email. I have my Direct Push set to an Exchange account and a second Internet Email account. Changing the frequency of checking the second account really makes a difference.

andrewloh

Nov 25, 2007
Another thing I've found eats up a lot of battery life is the schedule to check email. I have my Direct Push set to an Exchange account and a second Internet Email account. Changing the frequency of checking the second account really makes a difference.

agree. my setup is similar to you. i was using 10 mins to check my second IMAP account, i have only around 9-10 hrs standby time. Now, i changed that IMAP account to check in every 60 mins, now, standby time is extended to more than 12 hrs.

fataldeath44

Dec 28, 2007
what was the previous default File system cache and file system filter cache setting, cause my phone has slowed down since i have changed it. please reply back to me as soon as possible. thank you :)

fataldeath44

Dec 28, 2007
Thanks alot for the fast reply, and just one other question did any one arabize the diamond cause i have tried but it says installation not done. Thanks again man

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yup the tweak works but over time whilst your phone is on it will slowly get worse as the Diamond suffers from a big memory loss over time. I have that tweak and it works great but last night i found it extremely sluggish..looked at my memory and saw that it was down to 22mb or something like that and i wasnt even running anything...phone was on charge. But the tweak is useful, much better than it was when it came to me brand new.

ye i know what you mean,hopefully memory leak issue gets sloved in upcoming roms,as you mentioned about memory i checked mine it was 37mb ,i performed a softreset and got up to 50mb thats a huge difference,i am expecting it will go down to about 35 over night or something,will see how it goes.
    Remap Softkeys

dear tweakers ))

i'm sure that someone in here knows exactly how to help my little problem of remapping softkeys / shortcuts:

1) i would really like to have left softkey in HTC PhoneCanvas (cprog.exe) mapped to usual voice CALL ( not VIDEO CALL by default)

-- solved -- 2) and the other thing is CALENDAR shortcut (next to callhistory) in Manila Home tab, need it to be mapped to SecondToday app (with pocketbreeze) not the default Calendar app.

i'm willing to pay for those tweaks, coz they will simplify my life a lot.
    pm me or something.

thank you all in advance.
    sd memory

what about

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\SDCARD\ClientDrivers\Class\SDMemory_Class]
    "DisablePowerManagement"=dword:00000000

since diamond doesn't have SD memory card, should you add it to the first post instead of SIM_Class?
    Volume increment

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the increment/decrement value for the HTC volume using the hard keys?

I often like to set the phone to the lowest volume but when using the hard buttons it jumps too much and I have to get out the stylus to set to it to the required volume.

Any help will be appreciated!
    DialPad Vibrate

Despite it's something general and not ONLY Diamond related, could we add this to the first post?