[ROM][ICS] Team Eos ICS 2.0.0 [Updated 2012/4/27]

Search This thread

benefit14snake

Dec 23, 2011
Henrico, VA
Yeah very nice rom team eos!!

I did notice some sluggish behavior in the ui from time to time. This was on interactive.

Wifi seemed solid.

Sent from my Axiom MAXX!!

pctetra

Jul 16, 2007
wifi problems

So far, it's great rom but i had issue about very poor wifi connection. Although one step near my modem, my tfp shows only two or three bars. Anyone has such an issue? Beside this perfect rom...big thanks to the team :)

I have thé same problem, very poor wifi connection, on linksys wrt54gs and wrt160n
Sorry I have a TF101 :)

Last edited:

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
This is a great rom which looks good. I have gone back to stock rooted for now after trying this for 24hours. I really liked the additional customisations included especially being able to hide the status bar.

The reason I'm going back is the rom doesn't feel as smooth as odex stock and in some 3d games the graphics were skipping frames. This is also noticeable in the launcher and app screen. It can be quite sluggish at times. I also had widgets like feeder disappearing from view in the launcher but they were still actually there taking up space.

I forgot to add that this rom does use the battery faster as well. Not drainng but it felt like I'd lost 2 hours over a days use.

I will watch this thread though to see what the next version brings.

Last edited:

ShreckBull

Oct 24, 2007
Dijon
When the tablet go sleeping automaticaly after 5min (my settings), screen is going off and 3 seconds later, the system restart ..

I have the same problem when manually push the power button for sleep.

K

kalparker

Is there way to get the dock back? Sorry if this was answered. It disappeared after i flashed this.

nattylite

Apr 1, 2011
College Station
CPU Mode in the Quick Settings

First off, amazing ROM my favorite for the Prime thus far (I've tried all).

So question, I've skimmed through most of the thread but I couldn't find anything on getting the CPU Mode Switch into the Quick Settings?

Is this possible? Will this by possible?

mibo666

Sep 19, 2010
Great rom guys :) My TF Prime works smooth with this rom. Wifi prefeormance still same like on asus firmware - good for me :) Gps is working too :) With this rom will be working moltey kernel?

r_fung

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
Test Result

Overall the ROM is excellent. :D I am really happy with the build.

There are only two issues that I had discovered which are not the same behavior as Asus' stock.
1) Restore from Google did not happened. I have to re-select all the apps from Google Play. Although it took sometime, I did not loss anything.
2) "Save for offline reading" function in the stock Browser did not work as expected. When I retrieve the saved web page, the Browser hung. Use To workaround saved web page, I use Opera Mobile instead. To my surprise, Opera is Flash compatible. Youtube and Justin TV work in Opera Mobile. Using Opera as my default browser in my Transform Prime.

Great job!!!!!

P.S. Using Speed Test as my benchmark, WIFI signal and throughput are the same as Stock Asus ROM.

---------- Post added at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 AM ----------

One Question
==========
For security, I would like to always disable USB Debugging, but enable when needed. I notice that every time after a reboot the USB Debugging is enable. It is great feature for un-bricking the Prime. However, is there a way to turn that feature off?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Striatum_bdr

May 29, 2011
Marseille
Great rom guys :) My TF Prime works smooth with this rom. Wifi prefeormance still same like on asus firmware - good for me :) Gps is working too :) With this rom will be working moltey kernel?

If things are logical kernel shouldn't work, as they come from different sources. Except if cm kernel sources are based on stock due to specific drivers in it. A try is worth, but with a backup to be able to restore /boot if the device doesn't boot.

maframan

Jun 19, 2006
Hi everybody,

in this Rom is present the VPN Cisco IPSEC support?
In particular is present the tun.ko module?

BR
maframan

Demiurge7

Nov 17, 2011
Bellevue, WA
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
I have experienced the same issues as others here:

-Camera and Video dies after 3-7 seconds (Biggest issue I have run into)
- Google restore (not a big deal for me, but I did notice it)
- Slight hesitation during some graphic intensive movement

I attempted to flash Motley Kernel, even though I knew the complications. I was able to overclock through System settings (up to 1800) - everything worked fine, except my WIFI would no longer turn on. So scratch that idea :)

Fantastic job though, this thing is exactly what I want for my TFP. Light, clean, snappy, with great options and customization. Benchmarks were around the same, I haven't experienced much lag (slight hesitation in app drawer is all I have noticed, but once you fling it around it seems to speed up - no effect on tegra3 games).

Would suggest:

-Keyboard battery indicator
-Please fix camera!
-Options for taking it to 1.7
-CPU settings (power saver, std, performance) on status bar/quick settings

Other than that, love this! Will continue to use it, even without the camera, Cant wait for an update!

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Do we need to update the goomanager files when they are available? Or can we not do so with no issues?

Only issue I would forsee is the goo manager bugging you? I reinstalled a few times, testing various things, so just grabbed the new one for a fresh install. Its important and necessary for a fresh install, but I am not sure if updating it should be.

Here is a link to the newest: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

edw00rd

Apr 16, 2010
Hi everybody,

in this Rom is present the VPN Cisco IPSEC support?
In particular is present the tun.ko module?

BR
maframan

Yes it supports TUN/TAP interfaces. I am curretly running Open VPN with mine and so far so good. The only issues I've had with this ROM is what others have already stated about the gapps... After I flashed the kernel and then installed the gapps package.... not all of the google apps are there. No Gmail app was kinda strange... but it's worth it for the cutom Kernel IMO. I too have tried all of th current ROMs out there and have even recovered from a brick (1a) and this is my favorite ROM thus far... however I am getting FC's while playing movies with MX player.... Another thing I noticed about this rom compared to the stock roms is that this rom doesn't play certain video formats out of the box... does anyone know why that is? I thought i was weird that I could play .avi files with ES File Manager on a stock rom but not this rom....

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Ok so I've unlocked/CWM TFP currently running this ROM... and so far it's the only one I can find that will support the OPENVPN installer from the app market. While trying to install the app on the other ROMs to include STOCK roms with a flashed Motley kernel I always received an error in the log output of the installer saying that "cp" was not recognized as a command, because the OPENVPN installer would try and copy the files out of a package to /sdcard/openvpn... So my question is thus:

1) What is different about the kernel support on this ROM than the stock ROMs in that it has the 'cp' command as. Were there more utilities built into this ROM? It would be cool if the Kernel devs could include a dump of sbin | xbin | bin binaries installed.

2) Also noticed that this kernel doesn't support HDMI yet, or so I believe. Is anyone else seeing this?

3) Torch light doesn't work from the EOS Settings in power panel.

4) What does the "defanged" google apps package in the goo manager mean?

5) Has anyone tried the Cornerstone nightly build of this ROM? How is it?

Anyhow, great work EOS! This is by far the most 1337 ROM out there for the TFP.

UPDATE: I was able to get L2TP/IPSEC vpn working via OPENVPN for Android from the Market.

Last edited:

Striatum_bdr

May 29, 2011
Marseille
Gmail is not in gapps anymore. Nothing to do with ROM. Like Maps, it's available on Google Play, so no need to include it in gapps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sE85.png

Motorola Xoom | Asus Transformer | Asus Transformer Prime

Welcome to EOS.

With the AOSP release of Android 4.0 begins the next dawn of the Android operating system.

It is the goal of Team EOS to develop and maintain the highest performing and most stable AOSP based rom for an array of platforms.

For the latest news on Team EOS releases make sure you follow @teameos on twitter.

EOS is an AOSP based rom. It is developed and maintained by Team EOS and is the culmination of our own in house development efforts.

Installation notes
    1. Download the correct rom for your device.
    2. Download the google applications package
    3. Place these two files on your sdcard, or somewhere where your chosen recovery image can access them
    4. If you're not flashing from an EOS nightly build, you will need to perform a factory rest within recovery (wiping /data and /cache)
    5. Install the rom by selecting the zip file through the menus.
    6. Install the google applications package IMMEDIATELY after.
    7. Reboot your device and have fun with ICS

Features
    • AOSP 4.0.4 based rom
    • Busybox
    • Enable / Disable stock ICS status bar settings
    • Enable / Disable EOS ics status bar settings
    • Enable / Disable Battery percentage text in the status bar
    • Enable / Disable battery icon in the status bar
    • Enable / Disable rotation on the lockscreen
    • User friendly overclocking settings that will detect if the tablet has restarted too often, and disables the overclocking
    • Enable / Disable the automatic brightness to decrease the brightness level
    • Enable / Disable the charging light
    • Define Rotation angles (Full, 90 Deg, 180 Deg, 270 Deg)
    • Face unlock
    • Face unlock retry button on the lockscreen.
    • Last accessed time and date in Browser history
    • Wifi Direct
    • Ability to hide the status bar
    • Show development settings in the browser by default
    • Ability to show and hide the clock in the status bar
    • Lockscreen actions
    • Statusbar clock can have its colour changed
    • Statusbar can have its colour changed

Screenshots

Downloads (also available in Goo Manager)

Google Applications (Required for all devices)

Asus Transformer (TF201)

Source code

Old releases

N/A
    installed this and it seems to run fine, but as a danish user it seems to need the asus keyboard program for the dock keyboard to work with danish characters, but that dont seems to be included here

thanks for your great work :)

everything works great except default keyboard setting. although i set it as Turkish, still doesn't work...beside this sooo cool for first trying

Have you tried changing the keyboard layout in Settings - System - Device Settings?

It needs a reboot to change the layout at present but that will be addressed in a future version.
    thanks for your great work :)

everything works great except default keyboard setting. although i set it as Turkish, still doesn't work...beside this sooo cool for first trying
    No wifi issues here. I have more bars than other roms.

Sent from my EPAD using xda premium
    I unlocked my TF201 using Asus tool. Then I installed CWM (multiple versions) but it won’t let me read from sd card. (micro sd). My TF201 is encrypted. But don’t know how to unencrypt it. Any one knows a solution?
    I probably need to install a rom using fastboot. But don’t know how or what rom. Well any will do as long as my device is then unencrypted. So I can use CWM and install the rom I want.

How many times will it need to be repeated: RECOVERIES DON'T HANDLE EXTERNAL SDCARD YET.

So if your internal sdcard is encrypted you can't flash with cwm or twrp

What does that mean: I don't know how to unencrypt it? How was it encrypted?

Have you tried to adb push the zip file on internal sdcard directly when cwm is launched? As cwm doesn't use Android kernel and OS it could bypass encryption.

Before that backup the content of internal sdcard.

To install new ROM wipe everything, format /system.

Edit: you should look at WSG unbricker tool thread if you can't do anything else, it can flash through fastboot wsg ROM, hoping that it will get you rid of encryption.