[KERNEL] [G900T/kltetmo] [24 April 2014] Zaventh Kernel R1

Search This thread

zaventh

Jul 26, 2010
San Francisco
www.jeffmixon.com
Hello,

Initial starting point for some of my kernel hacking on the G900T. I mostly needed Permissive SELinux support for some other projects, but I will be making some enhancements to this kernel in time as well. However, for the moment please consider this release for engineers only.

SecureStorage must be disabled *before flashing* this (or any) custom kernel. Failure to do so will cause many issues.

Edit /system/build.prop:

Code:
ro.securestorage.support=false

Clear caches and reboot. However, once you do this, you will lose many settings to things like SHealth, possibly wifi credentials, and maybe other system/Samsung apps. Backup and restore with a root app will not work. Do not try it. You'll still be able to use these apps, however, you'll just have to set them up again.

Features

• Insecure
  • Root adbd
  • Runtime downgrade SELinux (Permissive)

Notes
  • Includes all features in the stock kernel (exfat, etc.)
  • Will cause your boot screen to show an SEAndroid warning message upon boot, though you can safely ignore it.

Known issues
  • None

Screens
80fhwwr.png

Download
klte_tmo_kernel_zaventh_r1.zip

Cheers,

-Z

XDA:DevDB Information
Zaventh Kernel for the T-Mobile Galaxy S5, a Kernel for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
zaventh
Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2014-04-24
Last Updated 2014-04-24

BLuFeNiX

Jan 18, 2013
Are there any benefits (that a user would notice) to SELinux being permissive?

Aou

Aug 4, 2008
Arizona
Considering you seem to be the only other person working on building a new kernel at the moment, I'm looking to you for some advice. ;)

I'm building my own kernel also (eventually for booting Ubuntu Desktop or Touch on the S5), but I seem to have run into a small glitch. I'm building straight from the ANCD source (no modifications yet), and my kernel boots fine so far. However, USB (MTP) doesn't seem to work with my kernel installed. There may be some other funky things going on also (e.g. some apps that interact with hardware have an extreme lag, WiFi takes longer to become available...), but I haven't fully tested everything yet.

Can you tell me whether you used the provided "build_msm8974pro_kernel.sh" script or not? Either way, can you provide any helpful tips for building this kernel? The last one I built was for Android 4.1 on the S4.

If you don't wish to respond here, please send me a PM. Thanks!

EDIT:

SecureStorage must be disabled *before flashing* this (or any) custom kernel. Failure to do so will cause many issues.

NEVER MIND!

I don't always read the instructions. ^_^ Thanks for your original write-up and passive advice! :D

Last edited:

CanadianKB

Sep 27, 2013
Internation Kernel Bad Idea? Can you add fast Charge?

My only reason I use other kernels is fast charge, im sure that other kernels have benifits, but im one of those modders who likes to stay close to stock. Im actually dieng for a GE s5 for true samsung AOSP, but anyway, i was wondering, i beleive there is any easily applyable *to kernel makers not me* patch by somebody named chad something chad009 i think, that can add a fast charge ability. I miss being able to get 1.9A on wall and 1A on PC.... whats the point in Sammy giving us a nice 2A USB 3.0 charger if they seem to have limited charge to 1A.... Really makes a difference especially since I will be getting Zero Lemon battery, which just FYI is on preorder on amazon for 50$... bit pricey, im gona wait till it comes out and maybe a hyperion model to see if that drives down price, but i wont wait long as they probably know, i miss 7800Mah battery power, s5 does have good battery utilization so far ive found, tho its only been a few days for ! Cheers

Thanks

PS: if I find an internation kernel with FC can I use it? Im pretty sure our hardware is the same, the only difference is Radios, but thats seperate, and Im sure i could find TMOs Radio.

CanadianKB

Sep 27, 2013
And has Fast Charge been implemented in any of them. Probably my only complaint is forgetting to plug into AC when going to bed, instead of leaving connected to my desktop USB, which is painfully slow on charging.

There's really only one or two even international kernels lol its such a new phone. We're obviously the tech junkies. But I just looked and no there hasn't been I just subscribed and asked for it in there kernels to I'll repo Rt back if I find FL kernel.

xda23

Sep 13, 2013
Is it possible to get this kernel overclocked. Thanks!!!

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: charlypaez

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

Initial starting point for some of my kernel hacking on the G900T. I mostly needed Permissive SELinux support for some other projects, but I will be making some enhancements to this kernel in time as well. However, for the moment please consider this release for engineers only.

Edit /system/build.prop:

Code:
    ro.securestorage.support=false

Clear caches and reboot. However, once you do this, you will lose many settings to things like SHealth, possibly wifi credentials, and maybe other system/Samsung apps. Backup and restore with a root app will not work. Do not try it. You'll still be able to use these apps, however, you'll just have to set them up again.

Features

• Insecure
    • Root adbd
    • Runtime downgrade SELinux (Permissive)

Notes
    • Includes all features in the stock kernel (exfat, etc.)
    • Will cause your boot screen to show an SEAndroid warning message upon boot, though you can safely ignore it.

Known issues
    • None

Screens
    80fhwwr.png

Download
    klte_tmo_kernel_zaventh_r1.zip

Cheers,

-Z

XDA:DevDB Information
    Zaventh Kernel for the T-Mobile Galaxy S5, a Kernel for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
    zaventh
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2014-04-24
    Last Updated 2014-04-24
    Will I need this post? Probably not.
    PS: if I find an internation kernel with FC can I use it? Im pretty sure our hardware is the same, the only difference is Radios, but thats seperate, and Im sure i could find TMOs Radio.

I've flashed all international kernels no problem so far.

Sent from my SM-G900T
    Awesome kernel, using since I flashed.
    1399080305321.jpg

Is it possible to get this kernel overclocked. Thanks!!!