[ROM] VanillaRocket - Mods please close this topic

Search This thread

ElectricBubble

Dec 3, 2011
Lethbridge
Wonder if he's tryed anything with racings kernal yet :rolleyes: anyway bravo on the rotate u are a God. :eek:

Sent from my SGH-T989D using XDA Premium. Running on M&S's Tuesday.

fuse1820

Oct 28, 2006
racing's kernel is making it in the next release
as well as some TouchWiz mods (remove carrier label from status bar, AM/PM, at&t bs, etc)
So this has taken me a little longer than few hours. But I don't want to make a ****ty release so I'm going to keep working.

AutoRotate...ALMOST THERE. Its just taking me a lot of reboots and dalvik wipes
@markusf21...by modifying the framework.jar....specifically playing with android\view\WindowOrientationListener.smali
Essentially it is a dirty hack tricking Android into taking this kernel's rotate values

ElectricBubble

Dec 3, 2011
Lethbridge
as well as some TouchWiz mods (remove carrier label from status bar, AM/PM, at&t bs, etc)
So this has taken me a little longer than few hours. But I don't want to make a ****ty release so I'm going to keep working.

@markusf21...by modifying the framework.jar....specifically playing with android\view\WindowOrientationListener.smali
Essentially it is a dirty hack tricking Android into taking this kernel's rotate values

Whoop! Yaldak and racing are my heros!

Sent from my SGH-T989D using XDA Premium. Running on M&S's Tuesday.

AJ26T

Jun 28, 2007
nj
OMG I can't wait I hope I'm awake when this is uploaded

Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Skorpion_

Feb 20, 2012
Hey did you get around to adding gingerbread version of youtube into the updated rom? :))

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

fuse1820

Oct 28, 2006
Haven't looked into that just yet...
Not having rotation bugged me too much

Waiting for Android to reboot....*crosses fingers* think I got it

If anybody with a deodexed stock ROM can send me their framework.jar, I would appreciate it

Last edited:
Reactions: AJ26T and RetroSA

tdizzle404

Nov 27, 2010
North Georgia
Haven't looked into that just yet...
Not having rotation bugged me too much

Waiting for Android to reboot....*crosses fingers* think I got it

If anybody with a deodexed stock ROM can send me their framework.jar, I would appreciate it

Wow I hope so it seems to be the biggest bug. Im with you it drives me crazy.
**made a pot of coffee for this lol let the testing begin lol***

Last edited:
Reactions: OGWisdom

ebatr8

Mar 28, 2010
Oh man you will be the man if u have rotation working thats honestly is the only major bug for ics most other things there is a workaround.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

My data activity indicators (under the wifi symbol) are pretty much constantly blinking on. I made sure that all apps were closed in task.manager, and I don't have anything set to Push. Is tbis happening to anyone else??

Mine does this as well, but it also connects and reconnects non-stop, but I don't think it is actually dis-connecting, or it is..i'm not sure...it did it for both ICS roms based on the att rom, i haven't tried the 3rd one that is out...waiting for the big update that i hear is coming...hope maybe this bug is cleared out..if not, hope it just goes away..gunna try the kernel cleanser next flash...

raycaster3

Apr 17, 2011
S.Ogden
Were you thinking of throwing appwidgetpicker2 to the rom? It's so nice with the ics look. Just an idea.

>>DARKSIDE<<

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE 4
    Hello all,

Pending a new release for this ROM, I will stop supporting the "0.3" version originally posted.

I would like some help deciding cosmetics & features next release before it goes live. Please complete the following brief survey:
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VJRLWRZ

A lot of fixes and changes have been made and requests have been accounted for as long as they do not deviate from the nature of this ROM being clean, functional, stable, good-looking, and ready to be a base for future devs. The appearance will be very AOSP-ish but with traces of TouchWiz.

Heads up: there will be no XLoud\Beats Audio by default. We have enough audio issues as it is and these are IMHO not any better than using DSPManager (aside from having the cute Sony\Beats branding stamped on them).

I'm not releasing anything until I fix the damn call echo issue ...worst case scenario I will workaround it by keeping Noise Reduction off. But I want to fix it :)

Q&A: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24253640
    General questions? post in the above link...it will help me keep track better :)

^^
    I no longer wish to have two seperate topics. So post here...but wait till the next release before you do ;)

First of all, thank you to Racing19969 and anybody else associated with the Skyrocket ICS port...you made this possible.
    Also want to thank CyanogenMod (<3) and the original author of DSP Manager (will find credits tomorrow) from which I borrowing DSP Manager for this ROM
    The goal: to make a CLEAN, no frills alien TouchWiz + ICS rom. Its not meant to be exciting or have a crazy amount of hacks in it. In fact as of right now, the only packages added from the community are SuperUser and DSP Manager. And I don't plan on changing that.

Current status is...the ROM is running and its running QUICK. But there are some minor issues to be worked out and some beautification to be done.

The priorities:
    Stability
    Friendliness
    Battery Life

If you are going to comment without constructive criticism, then just look away from this thread. The ROM is what it is. If you are going to install it, I would appreciate pointing out as many bugs as you can :)

For right now (temporarily): I did add the wonderful, feather-weight Zeam Launcher alongside TouchWiz...this is because I had issues with TW force closing on me early on in the modification process. So until more progress is made on this ROM, I've decided to keep it in there in such an event that TW decides to be unhappy and constantly force close.

A *lot* of bloatware was removed, especially from AT&T and some of Samsung's own social/media/diary/etc packages. I want this ROM to be STABLE, fast, and clean.

Next release ETA:VERY VERY SOON. NOW THAT AUTO ROTATE WORKS :-D

That being said, there are still issues to be worked out. Here is the list of changes made right now:
    • Added DSPManager from update-cm-9-20120330-NIGHTLY-galaxys2-signed, not functional ATM
    • Added Gallery, Mms, and Shutdown from GT-I9100 XWKI4 ROM; This fixes the shutdown issue, the Gallery landscape resize issue, and the delete SMS thread FC issue
    • Also added Browser from GT-I9100 XWKI4 ROM; not only is it more stable but the Search icon is fixed in its place and it has more features
    • Added apns-conf.xml from above CM9 nightly
    • International Galaxy S2 boot animation (AT&T anim is hideous)
    • Removed many many bloat; I'll try to compile a better list later
    • Added latest version of Polaris Office from T-Mobile ROM...It's a simple, lightweight, and pretty good doc editor/viewer
    • Already rooted

TODO:
    • Merge racie's unsecure Skyrocket Kernel COMPLETE
    • ^^ Transform samsung boot animation to a ZIP to work with above kernel
    • Remove traces of Software Update COMPLETE
    • Put back the 2G - 3G / band select setting in our Settings menu Priority
    • Identify as SGH-T989 in build.prop
    • Removing AT&T contact sync wizard from Contacts.apk, also restore Contacts to the dialer tabs IN PROGRESS
    • Revisit shutdown issue IN PROGRESS
    • CWM flashable patch for the Skyrocket folks
    • Remove AT&T VM icon in Phone dialer
    • Fix T-Mo Voicemail indicator SMS Priority
    • Fix Auto-Rotation (perhaps by modifying Framework \ WindowListener) FIXED FOR NEXT RELEASE / PATCH AVAILABLE NOW :)
    • Remove remaining traces of AT&T Bloatware
    • Modify TouchWiz default home screen XML so that widget_service_v0.1.4_shared.apk can be removed from the system/app folder entirely prior to emptying the home screens COMPLETE
    • Remove debugging / service testing apps
    • Wi-Fi calling for T-Mobile
    • Change ugly status bar icons to stock ICS style; remove AM/PM indicator, and remove carrier label from status bar itself IN PROGRESS
    • Optimize PNGs, zipalign
    • Call echo and RIL issues; improve call quality IN PROGRESS Priority
    • Add quick toggles due to demand IN PROGRESS
    • Set up bug tracker website
    • Default Market to Play Store
    • A "Tweaks" menu to make some important modifications but without necessitating manual editing or downloading a lot of stuff from Market

PRIOR TO INSTALLING: Make sure you superwipe with DARKSIDE's SUPERWIPE script.

And finally...
    the link (flash with CWM):
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50663221/CleanICS0.3.zip

MIRROR:
    http://www.4shared.com/zip/9iWiyyMY/CleanICS03.html

Thank you to markusf21 for providing the above mirror. Bandwidth costs money, so please give this user a thanks!!

PS, my personal opinion...install the Telus radio. no echo issues thus far. But if you don't know what a radio is....don't do it.
    Update: I have big suspicions that this is a RIL or qualcomm audio config issue. It is now the priority problem which I will look to tomorrow..
    Guys..
    think I nailed auto rotate. About to flash the modified files to see
    Here and working...
    I want to cover for more issues before uploading.
    Will be a couple hours....sorry about the bad ETA:eek:
    Work is about to resume

Expect a big update in a few hours

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium