This Old iPAQ rx3115 (Other Oldtimers Welcome)

Search This thread

kainppc6700

Apr 24, 2010
Thanx Guys...

I'm sorta sloppy so I'll stay away from the glue. :p

I have a piece of folded paper inside the battery tray in (I hope) the right spot and with the right thickness...

We'll see, but so far it seems to be working. :)

Great. I actually remember a time a few years back when I was trying to do a soft reset of the iPAQ, and at the same time I hit the reset pin, that "trigger" got bumped, and if my memory serves me correctly, it hard reset the device without a very recent backup.

- 2B

Woif

Dec 2, 2010
Innermanzing
Moto G7 Plus
Have an HW6515. Works fine but tells the standby battery is weak.

When I got this, some years ago, I´ve tried to remove some applications, like tomtom. But after a reboot, these applications would be back again.

Is there a way to put safely WM6.1 on this device?

Thanks in advance
Woif

RumoredNow

Feb 28, 2011
Springfield Missouri
Have an HW6515. Works fine but tells the standby battery is weak.

When I got this, some years ago, I´ve tried to remove some applications, like tomtom. But after a reboot, these applications would be back again.

Is there a way to put safely WM6.1 on this device?

Thanks in advance
Woif

A qualified cook said "NO" to any upgrade for hw6515 beyond WM2003 in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1023048

TomTom isn't standard for that model is it??? It comes back after a hard reboot? Or just a soft reset? Is TomTom coming back from a backup file after restore?

HP still keeps a repository of ROMs for iPAQ. Input your model on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html

It comes up with 3 configurations: Unlocked Mobile Messenger, Unlocked Mobile Messenger Bundle or Cingular Mobile Messenger.

Flashing the stock ROM may help - so long as you remove the offending program(s) from the restore file...

DooMaster

Nov 15, 2008
Puerto Montt
Holy cr*p!,

I thought I was the only person fon to his RX3115... I fact I keep all the "last version" of all working software (Opera Mini, Skype, CorePlayer, etc), and it works fine!

It's big 4" screen it's really good for watching old TV series, and the IR software for controll everything is just awesome...

GO for it, I'll keep looking at your updates!

kainppc6700

Apr 24, 2010
CORE Reply

Holy cr*p!,

I thought I was the only person fon to his RX3115... I fact I keep all the "last version" of all working software (Opera Mini, Skype, CorePlayer, etc), and it works fine!

It's big 4" screen it's really good for watching old TV series, and the IR software for controll everything is just awesome...

GO for it, I'll keep looking at your updates!

That's great. Say, is your Core/TCPMP player still working with the YouTube mobile site?

- 2B

nifedipin

Dec 2, 2008
Uaww!
You're fast!
Mine works too.
Today I experienced a sudden hardware reset?![0ne week ago I replaced the sistem battery,so a hardware reset 'cause main battery is empty isn't possible].
Any ideas?

timtampa

Mar 10, 2008
This model has an internal, non - user replaceable battery.
I'd suggest leaving it on the charger for a week to see if it can revitalize the internal battery. If not, try finding one on Amazon and replace it yourself.

Uaww!
You're fast!
Mine works too.
Today I experienced a sudden hardware reset?![0ne week ago I replaced the sistem battery,so a hardware reset 'cause main battery is empty isn't possible].
Any ideas?

nifedipin

Dec 2, 2008
Maybe my english is not good enough....I said I replaced the battery[on the mainboard] one week ago.
Anyway,I'll see what's happening tomorow.
Currently I'm trying to find a sollution to watch rtsp 3gp streams[web tv amd myoutube].
Any ideas?
N
I tryed to install htc stream player,Kinoma play,Packet player....but I could not find a version to work on my machine...
Help?

timtampa

Mar 10, 2008
There are two batteries, which one did you replace?
The one you can easily remove or the internal one that's used like a CMOS battery?
If the internal one, just make sure it's good and hooked up correctly. Charge it for a week.

Maybe my english is not good enough....I said I replaced the battery[on the mainboard] one week ago.
Anyway,I'll see what's happening tomorow.
Currently I'm trying to find a sollution to watch rtsp 3gp streams[web tv amd myoutube].
Any ideas?
N
I tryed to install htc stream player,Kinoma play,Packet player....but I could not find a version to work on my machine...
Help?

nifedipin

Dec 2, 2008
packet player 3.3 installs but does not play any stream....

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

I replaced the "coin" battery on the main board.[the same baterryy is used at Casio solar watches too].
Maybe it was an accident.[2 min. ago I remooved the main battery,put it back again and restarted my machine....no hard reset ocures--so all is ok].
Can you help with a sream player that fits to my ipaq h 2200??

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Anyone??

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

A stream player for IPAQ h2200[ppc-no phone][win ce 4.2,ppc 2003]?
Anyone?

nifedipin

Dec 2, 2008
SOLVED!

installed:
!.Netcf 3.5
2.RealOnePlayer
3,Coreplayer[ this one:"Acer_s200_CorePlayer.cab"-I did the needed file associations.
Tha-daaaa!
Works!
Now I need a better wifi lan card....mine is toooo slow!!!

Top Liked Posts