Andro Shark - Public Beta - vMarch3rd

Search This thread

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=725692 <- new dump app.

EXPIRED
Please hold on for next release, this one has expired.

Andro Shark is an android packet sniffing app. It dumps all (wifi and/or 3g) traffic into a standard pcap file in /sdcard/androshark. This file can be read with wireshark, or any other application able to read pcap files.

This is the March 3rd version. This is the first public beta, so expect bugs. I will not be held responsible for damage or loss due to any software. My standard license applies, http://www.andirc.net/2010/04/standard-license-agreement.html.

To use Andro Shark you must agree to the above license.

Feedback/feature requests appreciated.

Last edited:

mothy

Oct 3, 2008
Fort Collins
Andro Shark is an android packet sniffing app. It dumps all (wifi and/or 3g) traffic into a standard pcap file in /sdcard/androshark. This file can be read with wireshark, or any other application able to read pcap files.

This is the March 3rd version. This is the first public beta, so expect bugs. I will not be held responsible for damage or loss due to any software. My standard license applies, http://www.andirc.net/2010/04/standard-license-agreement.html.

To use Andro Shark you must agree to the above license.

Feedback/feature requests appreciated.

Does it need root?

nindoja

Nov 24, 2009
No root here so I can't test it, but just a few thoughts.

Is there a way to specify a capture filter in the program? Something ala libpcap's filters "IP 192.168.1.1".

Does it get killed by the task manager if left idle for a while?

jcase

Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
nindoja, Its based on tcpdump, and if memory manager kills it tcpdump keeps running. Its a bug and I have fixed it. I just need to get it all packaged an uploaded sometime.\

Burko,

After i have the capture part done, I will look into that.

D

Deleted member 1979557

hmmm great potential, but i think something is broken with mine keeps stopping each time I try to get to the browser, maybe I'm doing something wrong

jcase

Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
hmmm great potential, but i think something is broken with mine keeps stopping each time I try to get to the browser, maybe I'm doing something wrong

Possibly, I will update it this weekend. Possibly ad the ability to browse packets, or filter packets. Depends on my time. Do you happen to have autokiller or any memory management app setup?

Please report your device, and ROM back to me.

Last edited:

m4dm4n123

Jan 14, 2010
Any OS version requierements? It always says that this app cannot be installed. I have root of course and a 1.6 version.

m4dm4n123

Jan 14, 2010
HTC Magic 32a, currently running CM 4.2.15.1. Although there will be soon CM 2.1 version, I am looking forward seeing your app for <2.1 OS versions.

blunden

Jun 11, 2009
Seems to be working great on my N1. :) Very useful. Verified the dumped data in Wireshark.

m4dm4n123

Jan 14, 2010
Polish it ? Distribute it. :) Dude, you would be the first to make an packet capture app (that uses tcpdump of course).

PhatCrack

May 9, 2010
Hi just tried it on my hero with 2.1 - I get "Could not open /sdcard/AndroShark.apk as APK file" when I try to install it with Astro - any ideas?

Whiler

May 10, 2010
Works perfectly

Hi,

FYI, I tested it and it works perfectly on my rooted Desire.

Thanks for your work!

As you requested some ideas for new features:
  • Widget On/off (like for GPS, Wifi, ...)
  • Checkbox to append the datetime (several sessions without the need to rename the previous one)

Cheers,

W.

exx0

Mar 9, 2010
hello, great app =) maybe you can add the option to filter MSN conversations =)

cumps from portugal ;)

androidpt->