[APP][LAUNCHER] Nemus Launcher, Holy Grail < ICS/Jelly Bean Now Atom Launcher

Search This thread

dskrilz

Dec 31, 2009
Moto G8
OnePlus Nord N100
New ICS/Jelly Bean Update: Now Atom Launcher new thread guess im just bumping this thread because it's no longer relevant which makes no sense i guess ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently discovered the best launcher for Android: Nemus Launcher. I didn't develop this launcher, I am just attempting to spread the word about this wonderful lightweight launcher. It is as fast as Zeam and as smooth as 360 Launcher in my opinion, but it offers 9 homescreens, scrollable widget support, and resizable widgets. It seems to get updated pretty often, but there isn't much info on the dev's site linked in the market. Its made by the same dev as Regina launcher (NemusTech, I think they are Korean).

nemus1.jpg

Features (Version 1.6.0, from 02-23-12):
- Super Lightweight Memory Usage (4.5mb)
- Uber-Smooth Response
- Unique Folder System - Folders in Drawer, Batch Add Apps, Custom Views on Homescreen, A-Z Sorting, Custom Colors
- Drawer: Hide Apps and Sorting Options
- Scrollable + Resizable Widgets
- Custom Grids
- Scrolling Dockbar
- Up to 9 Screens (Who really needs more than that with all the shortcut options?)
- Frequent Updates (latest as of 02-23-12)
- A good ammount of customization options
- Zip Theme and SSkin Theme Support (APK Coming Soon)
- Easy App finding/management
- Hiding system status bar with gesture
- Missed Call & Received SMS badge display
- Workspace and app menu switchers (screen preview)
- Highlight recently used apps
- App-Hide & Screen-Lock

v1.6.1:
New : Dock page count customization
New : Show/Hide page indicator
New : Enable/Disable badge display
Change : Launcher settings re-organized
Improve : Faster response of page indicator when scrolling
Fix : Transparent folders after importing home screen from other launchers
Localization : Italian, Spanish(es_ES, es_US, es_MX), Czech, Turkish, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Portuguese(pt_BR), Russian, Japanese, Hungarian, Persian language updated

In Progress:
- Home screen scroll performance
- Page indicator hiding

Themes:
FishNChips Neon Blue (credit: sssingletrack, n4y4nrules, raverrr from Android @ MoDaCo)
More themes (a lot are paid, some are free) are available through the SSkin Theme Shop (the app is painfully slow for me)
Also, maybe this thread will stimulate some theme development. It uses SSKIN themes, which I learned a little bit about on their (Korean) site:
http://m.sskin.net/
Wiki w/ Theme Sample and Guidelines
There is a sample theme on here that looks like it has a ICS look to it. I will check it out when I get a chance.
There are more themes in this thread, just search

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/embed/sfx94rOemX4

Give it a try, its Uber SMOOTH!

Market Link:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.nemustech.launcher&hl=en

Other NemusTech Apps (Just search the market):
Nemus Camera (beta), Regina 3D Launcher

Last edited:

bucan.234

Aug 30, 2009
I love the launcher, but i was confuse about the theme in it. How can i get the theme? I try to instal sskin theme. But it have to instal another launcher, and i won't do that. So can some one tell me how to add more themes?

Sorry for my bad English. It's not my native language.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

coloxim

Feb 17, 2011
Pavia
Wonderful launcher..is perfect ...vut why sprays always in foreground?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk

kamots

Jun 28, 2010
Atlanta
So far I am really diggin this launcher. Only thing it needs is to be able to edit icons and hide the dock bar , then it would be perfect

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

noahmay

Feb 9, 2012
Västerås
i relly like this launcher the only thing i missing is to be able to mark and go trough the apps with the xperia play controlls and start apps with the "X" button.

kickokim

Jan 11, 2012
Hi, here are a couple of themes (not shure if they will work on all devices)

(they've been updated 02/03/12 4:00!)
An ICS theme
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37962289/ICS theme.zip

A "no" theme with no icons! (uses the deafult ones)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37962289/No Theme.zip

To install copy the .zip to "SDCARD_ROOT/nemuslauncher/themes/" or "/mnt/sdcard/nemuslauncher/themes/" (if doesn't exist, create it)

If someone wants to create a repository he/she/it could put them on mediafire or something similar. I'm probably not going to keep them on dropbox forever!;)

Last edited:

coloxim

Feb 17, 2011
Pavia
Very nice launcher.. but I've a problem while scrolling the home..sometimes it doesn't scroll or come back to previous page..
Can you resolve it?
And I've got always in background the launcher process...can you remove it?

Thanks a lot..

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk

ArmorD

Sep 29, 2011
Helsinki
Just tried it. It is a great launcher, but I'm still sticking in Adw, because Nemus doesn't have the function for changing the icons. More customization, and I'm in.

UnitedOceanic

Nov 14, 2010
zeam usere here, looks promising hope it stays small and quick.

one thing missing for me, swipe down gesture for the notifications.

jcsy

Jan 9, 2009
Land of the Z1/EVO3D/GTAB10.1(2)
Nice launcher.

Imported my launcher pro

And, scrolling needs to be improved. Its fast no doubt but can be better, faster

I notice that's upcoming

Thanks!

---------------------Tapatalk ----------------------
Sent my new HTC Evolution 3D running ROMeOS UNSENSED.

dskrilz

Dec 31, 2009
Moto G8
OnePlus Nord N100
I just use Desktop Visualizer for my icon changing/shortcuts. Maybe having this handled elsewhere keeps it lighter weight. I feel like the scrolling will be improved in future builds. A lot was at it in the previous version so I expect a lot of optimization to come. It only seems to lag very rarely and only in certain in certain scenarios. The only other feature I feel and might be lacking is backup/restore, I just use Titanium Backup.

I am planning to maybe make/port some theme(s) and maybe make a thread in the themes section The sample zip (from the wiki link in the OP) for themes is very easy to modify. If anyone wants to help pm me.

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord N200 5G

(they've been updated 01/03/12 19:00!)
An ICS theme

To install copy the .zip to "SDCARD_ROOT/nemuslauncher/themes/" or "/mnt/sdcard/nemuslauncher/themes/" (if doesn't exist, create it)

If someone wants to create a repository he/she/it could put them on mediafire or something similar. I'm probably not going to keep them on dropbox forever!;)

I'm getting a density mismatch error on the ics theme....my device is at 140 and it says the theme is for 240....I aborted to make sure nothing gets hosed.

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

Nice launcher.

Imported my launcher pro

And, scrolling needs to be improved. Its fast no doubt but can be better, faster

I notice that's upcoming

Thanks!

---------------------Tapatalk ----------------------
Sent my new HTC Evolution 3D running ROMeOS UNSENSED.

I was disappointed it would not import Zeam or at least didn't give me option to as that seems to be the launcher it would be replacing most.

kickokim

Jan 11, 2012
I'm getting a density mismatch error on the ics theme....my device is at 140 and it says the theme is for 240....I aborted to make sure nothing gets hosed.

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

I used the same sizes and settings as the deafult theme so if that works mine should to... they have been updated just now so try and download again. If they don't work just disable them, try and make some themes with lower res icons, it's easy, just follow the instructions on the nemus launcher wiki

Also try this theme http://www.mediafire.com/?6t2w18g41zvpeaw i found it on an old thread, it has a lower density

Sent from my Optimus 2X using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: famewolf

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New ICS/Jelly Bean Update: Now Atom Launcher new thread guess im just bumping this thread because it's no longer relevant which makes no sense i guess ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently discovered the best launcher for Android: Nemus Launcher. I didn't develop this launcher, I am just attempting to spread the word about this wonderful lightweight launcher. It is as fast as Zeam and as smooth as 360 Launcher in my opinion, but it offers 9 homescreens, scrollable widget support, and resizable widgets. It seems to get updated pretty often, but there isn't much info on the dev's site linked in the market. Its made by the same dev as Regina launcher (NemusTech, I think they are Korean).

nemus1.jpg

Features (Version 1.6.0, from 02-23-12):
    - Super Lightweight Memory Usage (4.5mb)
    - Uber-Smooth Response
    - Unique Folder System - Folders in Drawer, Batch Add Apps, Custom Views on Homescreen, A-Z Sorting, Custom Colors
    - Drawer: Hide Apps and Sorting Options
    - Scrollable + Resizable Widgets
    - Custom Grids
    - Scrolling Dockbar
    - Up to 9 Screens (Who really needs more than that with all the shortcut options?)
    - Frequent Updates (latest as of 02-23-12)
    - A good ammount of customization options
    - Zip Theme and SSkin Theme Support (APK Coming Soon)
    - Easy App finding/management
    - Hiding system status bar with gesture
    - Missed Call & Received SMS badge display
    - Workspace and app menu switchers (screen preview)
    - Highlight recently used apps
    - App-Hide & Screen-Lock

v1.6.1:
    New : Dock page count customization
    New : Show/Hide page indicator
    New : Enable/Disable badge display
    Change : Launcher settings re-organized
    Improve : Faster response of page indicator when scrolling
    Fix : Transparent folders after importing home screen from other launchers
    Localization : Italian, Spanish(es_ES, es_US, es_MX), Czech, Turkish, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Portuguese(pt_BR), Russian, Japanese, Hungarian, Persian language updated

In Progress:
    - Home screen scroll performance
    - Page indicator hiding

Themes:
    FishNChips Neon Blue (credit: sssingletrack, n4y4nrules, raverrr from Android @ MoDaCo)
    More themes (a lot are paid, some are free) are available through the SSkin Theme Shop (the app is painfully slow for me)
    Also, maybe this thread will stimulate some theme development. It uses SSKIN themes, which I learned a little bit about on their (Korean) site:
    http://m.sskin.net/
    Wiki w/ Theme Sample and Guidelines
    There is a sample theme on here that looks like it has a ICS look to it. I will check it out when I get a chance.
    There are more themes in this thread, just search

Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/sfx94rOemX4

Give it a try, its Uber SMOOTH!

Market Link:
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.nemustech.launcher&hl=en

Other NemusTech Apps (Just search the market):
    Nemus Camera (beta), Regina 3D Launcher

(they've been updated 02/03/12 4:00!)
    An ICS theme

Hello Guys,

I'm the project manager of this Nemus Launcher and another 3D launcher, Regina.
    Thanks for interest in our launcher.

Actually, we are not familiar with this xda forums.
    We are sorry that we don't have good communication feedbacks.
    We hope we can manage our own channel or website for our launcher someday later.

Before then, you can reach me with our e-mail nlauncher@nemustech.com.
    Although we can't reply each of your mail directly, we are listening carefully your words and requests.

Currently, we are preparing some major update for ICS.
    As you know, the main purpose of NemusLauncher are performance and convenience. We believe we can upgrade our NemusLauncher using new ICS functions.
    Of course, we will steadily update the current version.
    We are very happy that you guys are helping translations of our launcher.

Thanks,

- Zaharang
    You can get the theme app by itself here. Then go to the theme selection menu and there should be a link to it.

I used the same sizes and settings as the deafult theme so if that works mine should to... they have been updated just now so try and download again. If they don't work just disable them, try and make some themes with lower res icons, it's easy, just follow the instructions on the nemus launcher wiki

Also try this theme http://www.mediafire.com/?6t2w18g41zvpeaw i found it on an old thread, it has a lower density

Sent from my Optimus 2X using xda premium