Slight bend???

Search This thread

formulabird

Apr 7, 2007
Took my phone out of my pocket today to notice a slight bend. I looks like right were the two covers meet. Was wondering if anyone else has maybe noticed this. I do keep my phone in my pocket all day but I don't think it should bend that easy. Let me know what you gentleman think.

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
There are so many OCD threads it's amazing. I'm not saying this one is. But, I would suspect this phone would bend VERY easily.

1) it's paper-thin
2) if you watch the YouTube video about how the aluminum was machined/milled, you see that aside from the lower half, the upper half is 2 very thin aluminum rails (sides) bridged by another super thin aluminum rail across top. So yes, thus will bend very easily. Aluminum is incredibly weak (I'm a machinist).

sent from my Evo LTE, usually.

formulabird

Apr 7, 2007
will post pics when i get home. My god everyone wants proof of everything. No trust anymore. Just wondering if anyone else had noticed wasn't a big deal. The mods can delete thread if need be. You can see by my post count I don't post a million and one things about dumb stuff. You can also see from my join date that I have been around awhile and only post serious stuff.

formulabird

Apr 7, 2007
its not that hard to comment without pictures. Its bent pull your phone out of your pocket and see if you notice a slight bend. If not go back to moms basement and leave it alone.

PsiPhiDan

Oct 27, 2011
Plainfield
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
its not that hard to comment without pictures. Its bent pull your phone out of your pocket and see if you notice a slight bend. If not go back to moms basement and leave it alone.

Pardon me, but you're speaking to an adult, and I happen to be a homeowner. Grow up with the "mom's basement" stuff. At least use an apostrophe if you're going to insult someone's intelligence.

Anyway, post some pictures and we'll have some actual comments for you.

Sent from my EVO using XDA

Reactions: Traceamount

formulabird

Apr 7, 2007
Pardon me, but you're speaking to an adult, and I happen to be a homeowner. Grow up with the "mom's basement" stuff. At least use an apostrophe if you're going to insult someone's intelligence.

Anyway, post some pictures and we'll have some actual comments for you.

My appoligies Mr. Homeowner. It was a simple question that doesn't need a picture to answer. Unless you can't look at your phone and see if you notice a slight bend from being in your pocket. I don't understand why these forums get overrun with morons. It was an observation I made. Apparently a bad one. Never mind delete thread until someone else notices it.

notsointeresting

Mar 18, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Let the trolling go guys.
It's over a damn picture.
OP. It would be nice to have a picture though, just to see where the bend is occurring for you and people can further check to see if it's just your device or others, and lead a discussion from there.
It's not that we don't trust, it's just that it helps when explaining physical properties

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: ckoadiyn

PsiPhiDan

Oct 27, 2011
Plainfield
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
My appoligies Mr. Homeowner. It was a simple question that doesn't need a picture to answer. Unless you can't look at your phone and see if you notice a slight bend from being in your pocket. I don't understand why these forums get overrun with morons. It was an observation I made. Apparently a bad one. Never mind delete thread until someone else notices it.

I think you can assume no one else has noticed a bend in their phone caused from being in their pocket, since there are no threads about this.

We're all morons because we would like a picture of your bent phone? Okay.

formulabird

Apr 7, 2007
Let the trolling go guys.
It's over a damn picture.
OP. It would be nice to have a picture though, just to see where the bend is occurring for you and people can further check to see if it's just your device or others, and lead a discussion from there.
It's not that we don't trust, it's just that it helps when explaining physical properties

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

It's a bend right were the two pieces come together at the red bar by kickstand. I said I would post pic when I got home. Then all the dumb stuff starts. Which always happens in here and give xda a bad rep. Just delete thread mod. No point suppose to be a community to discuss.

PsiPhiDan

Oct 27, 2011
Plainfield
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
OP - Reread this thread. No one was being unreasonable at all, we merely asked nicely for a picture. You immediately insulted us all and asked for the thread to be deleted. I'm not sure the community responded poorly to you, but rather you responded poorly to the community.

Personally, I am still anxious to see your pics. People will want to know about defects to look for in their phones as they start pouring in soon. I hope the thread stays open.

formulabird

Apr 7, 2007
I think you can assume no one else has noticed a bend in their phone caused from being in their pocket, since there are no threads about this.

We're all morons because we would like a picture of your bent phone? Okay.

Said I would post when I got home. Kind of hard to take a picture of your phone with your phone. So yes you're a moron. Hope my punctuation is correct.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Shouldn't be that tight of pants around here. This isn't an Apple forum.
    I think too many people took "google wallet" literally by putting the phone in their back pocket. Maybe if you added some funds it would be sturdier.
    :)

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Forum Runner.
    Am I stupid or is it just common sense to make sure you are careful with your cell phone? I mean come on people this is not rocket science. You are walking around with a very thin and light phone in your pocket. It wasn't built to handle abuse like sitting on it or crushing it! All the crying and whining about bent and broken phones is a little silly. You guys should really try to be a little more careful.

I don't use cases on my phones, I have a screen protector and that's it. I have had one damaged phone in 4 yrs. and it was totally my fault. I for one am very satisfied with the build quality of this phone and it doesn't need to be reinforced, people just need to be more careful.
    if your phone bends in your pocket, YOUR PANTS ARE TOO TIGHT FOR YOU BRO!
    OP - Reread this thread. No one was being unreasonable at all, we merely asked nicely for a picture. You immediately insulted us all and asked for the thread to be deleted. I'm not sure the community responded poorly to you, but rather you responded poorly to the community.

Personally, I am still anxious to see your pics. People will want to know about defects to look for in their phones as they start pouring in soon. I hope the thread stays open.