Repair MP4 video file

Search This thread

drakonium

Aug 2, 2012
CMD change to -save 100

kill movedump process before it exits, so the key will be valid, i use processxp, for short videos i suspend it, copy command line, kill the process, change parameters, execute command manualy

hi

i'm a complete noob with Command Promt, this are my steps and get nowhere

1. scan
2. kill movdump.exe (this suspends the scan, otherwise if i hit stop on the app it closes the .exe)
3. go to the logfile.html and copy the whole CMD line and change value -save to 100
4. paste in command promt and hit enter
5. nothing happens :(

im pretty sure im doing something really dumb for it not to work

thanks.

drakonium

Aug 2, 2012
Video Repair tool 1.6

Hi everyone

just wanted to know if anyone has tried the 1.6 version, it seems to crash on files above 100mb, it worked fine on a doubled 30mb video doubled into 60mb but thats it, the movdump.exe keeps crashing, also in the newest version 1.7.5.3 even if you do the (-save 100) trick, the movedump.exe keeps reconstructing nothing past 8.3mb, while if it does 50% it does half that, so not even the half of a regular video.

thanks for the input

amer_amer

Dec 11, 2011
Amman
I need ver 1.5 link plz

Please someone pm me the version 1.5 link, we all know old link no longer works! I need to restore that mp4 file so bad, damn the galaxy sI it's a ****ty phone!! :crying:

plz pm or email to amer9001@gmail.com

thanks!! :good:

Last edited:

Wh00sher

May 12, 2009
logfile.html showed the trick ;} i use HD_Video_Repair_Utility 1.7.5.1

CMD="U:\Downloads\Software\videorepair\videorepair\movdump.exe" -key 179781 -atomdump -i "U:\Pictures\2012-05-25\002.mp4" -o "U:\Pictures\2012-05-25\repaired\002.mp4" -save 50 -entropy 65536 -start 0 -stop 100 -fps 28 -refprio -ref "U:\Pictures\2012-05-25\005.mp4"
---------------------------------------------

i : U:\Pictures\2012-05-25\002.mp4
ref : U:\Pictures\2012-05-25\005.mp4
o : U:\Pictures\2012-05-25\repaired\002.mp4
refprio : enabled
entropy : 65536
start : 0
stop : 100
save : 50

As you can see, -save 50 is the parameter of how much % file will be saved, change it to 100, and you'll get the whole file for free :D

p.s. click scan then suspend & kill movedump process before it exits, and restart cmd in log file with -save 100

Fantastic :good:

I did that with 1.7.5.3 and it works perfectly. The timing of the suspend and subsequent copy / paste of the command line took a couple of attempts to get right, but it worked and repaired the entire file. :D

Last edited:

kwookoh

Oct 17, 2010
Fantastic :good:

I did that with 1.7.5.3 and it works perfectly. The timing of the suspend and subsequent copy / paste of the command line took a couple of attempts to get right, but it worked and repaired the entire file. :D

Can you give a step-by-step detailed instruction on how to do this for us noobies? Thanks.

hgeek23

Nov 1, 2011
I also need the HD Video repair tool 1.5 please if anyone can help me out. shot a vid for my mom, played originally, shut screen off, now wont play anywhere!

cdrose

Apr 5, 2012
Guide to repairing full video:

1. Repair the video you want using the demo software
2. Once Scan is complete click the button "Open repair report"
3. This will open a report.html file, at the bottom of this page is some blue text saying "Click here to open the complete log file of the repair process. " Click the link
4. This will open another page called logfile.html. At the top of this page you will see a line of text similar to this:
Code:
CMD="U:\Downloads\Software\videorepair\videorepair \movdump.exe" -key 179781 -atomdump -i "U:\Pictures\2012-05-25\002.mp4" -o "U:\Pictures\2012-05-25\repaired\002.mp4" -save 50 -entropy 65536 -start 0 -stop 100 -fps 28 -refprio -ref "U:\Pictures\2012-05-25\005.mp4"

5. Select and copy all the text apart from the first 4 characters CMD= . So now the copied text should look like this:

Code:
"U:\Downloads\Software\videorepair\videorepair \movdump.exe" -key 179781 -atomdump -i "U:\Pictures\2012-05-25\002.mp4" -o "U:\Pictures\2012-05-25\repaired\002.mp4" -save 50 -entropy 65536 -start 0 -stop 100 -fps 28 -refprio -ref "U:\Pictures\2012-05-25\005.mp4"

6. Now copy and paste the text in any text editor and where it says "-save 50" you need to change the "50" to "100". Once changed copy the line again, so now your code should look like this:

Code:
"U:\Downloads\Software\videorepair\videorepair \movdump.exe" -key 179781 -atomdump -i "U:\Pictures\2012-05-25\002.mp4" -o "U:\Pictures\2012-05-25\repaired\002.mp4" -save 100 -entropy 65536 -start 0 -stop 100 -fps 28 -refprio -ref "U:\Pictures\2012-05-25\005.mp4"

7. Now you have the correct code copied, open up the command prompt. To do this search for cmd or look online it isn't hard. One you have the command prompt open (a black window with white text) right click in the window and select paste. Then all you need to do is press enter ;)

ZiNoM

Sep 29, 2008
HI!
Could please someone send me the v1.5 to my email?
emoniz @ gmail dot com

Thanks!

quickmed

Sep 1, 2012
multiple vacation videos corrupted when battery died

Hi guys, hopefully the freeware version 1.5 has been rescuing your corrupted mp4 videos successfully. Continue to PM me, I will reply - although it may take a couple of days or so....

Detailed feedback would be useful as a couple have said it didn't work, also if it did work then what were the settings used??? My corrupted videos had music as audio so hard to say whether audio was in sync with video, any one have any talking out of synch??? etc etc...

Quangy

Hi Quangy could I bother you for the link or the file of the grau HD video repair v1.5, I'm running Mac OS X leopard, thank you millions!!!:good:

hihipunkt

Jun 15, 2012
Here is how to get the free HD Video Repair Utility Demo version running without any struggles, problems or limitations:

In the options of the Demo, paste the following into the "Custom repair parameters" box:

Code:
-save 100

That's it! You just legally saved 99€!

The next file you will try to repair, will have the full length. Don't listen to the warnings saying it's only gonna save 50%, it'll save everything with the custom repair parameter set.

I made a screenshot so you guys can see how to do it.

PS: If the program REALLY helped you and you have enough money to afford it, pay for it and support development. The programmer(s?) had a hard time to get this excellent program working and should be rewarded for it.

Attachments

• thatwaseasy.jpg
    thatwaseasy.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 5,950
Last edited:

dayosaysyosh

Jun 17, 2010
If anyone can email the link to azn_chimp31 at hotmail.com i would appreciate it heaps! thanks in advanced

ZiNoM

Sep 29, 2008
Here is how to get the free HD Video Repair Utility Demo version running without any struggles, problems or limitations:

In the options of the Demo, paste the following into the "Custom repair parameters" box:

Code:
-save 100

The next file you will try to repair, will have the full length. Don't listen to the warnings saying it's only gonna save 50%, it'll save everything with the custom repair parameter set.

PS: If the program REALLY helped you and you have enough money to afford it, pay for it and support development. The programmer(s?) had a hard time to get this excellent program working and should be rewarded for it.

HI!
Thanks for all! It worked for me with the latest version downloaded from author website.
Regards!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i had a similar problem with a mp4 file that was corrupt, and not being able to find version 1.5 of grau anymore. i came up with this solution.

[Scenario]
    video.mp4 (200mb)
    grau version 1.6 + (only does 50% of video for free version)

[Directions]
    make 2 of the same video files and name them 1.mp4 and 2.mp4 this means you will copy video.mp4 in the same fold twice so you have two of them!

in DOS (Run: cmd.exe)

locate to the folder where you have the two video files
    type in the command to merge the files together

copy /b 1.mp4+2.mp4

you will now see that 1.mp4 will be 400mb and not 200mb

now use grau video repair tool and it will do 50% of the file you merge. meaning you will get 100% video freee!!
    Guys.
    Who needs a link to the full version (HD Video Repair Utility v.1.8.0.1) write me a PM.
    By e-mael I do not send.
    :cowboy:

Please click "Thanks" if I've helped. :angel:
    Okay guys, found the software I used, it was downloaded from

http://www.grauonline.de/cmsimple2_6/en/?Solutions:HD_Video_Repair_Utility

It was Freeware and had a "SAY THANKYOU BUTTON" included, not so anymore, that button has been replaced with "PURCHASE UNLOCK CODE"

I'm using version 1.5 from April 2011 and the latest is 1.61

Just ran it again on the damaged 225MB damaged MP4 file from my HTC HD2 and once again it recovered without a hitch. Attached is a picture of the settings I used.

Version 1.61 demo will allow you to test the software before paying a hefty 99 euro for unlimited use or 29 euro for 5 repairs OUCH!!!!

Settings.jpg

Hope it's given you all a glimmer of hope. Pity it's not freeware anymore though....
    I have posted this before, I am willing to send Video Repair 1.5 to anyone that sends me a private message with an email address.

Code:
    -save 100