Qcell 4100 mah battery

Search This thread

ckvp

Jul 10, 2012
I started using the battery again cus last week of using its been giving me realy good results again.. its averaging about maybe double the time then the stock one.. after the same use stock would be at 40% while the qcell be at 80%ish

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I think I am going to give this a try, I've been convinced by the thread.

d12unk13astard

Aug 5, 2010
Bakersucks
Since I have recieved my qcell battery I have never thought going back to stock battery, I always get phenomenal battery life with it. Especially when paired with phantoms blazer rom.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

toobz

Jul 22, 2011
Just ordered one of these today. How have these been holding up for people in the long run?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

eddie3130

Sep 12, 2009
Im still using mine after like 5-6 months of use. An i keep it in my car as i switch back an forth with the original. An the heat from the sun has not caused any noticible damage to battery life. Im using it rite now matter of fact.. i went threw an 8hr shift an im at 65% im currently inline at walmart for the Black Friday 40" tv deal an ive been just browsing quite heavy an its holding a charge quit good

Reactions: runningbandit

colonel.shepard

Oct 4, 2012
Im still using mine after like 5-6 months of use. An i keep it in my car as i switch back an forth with the original. An the heat from the sun has not caused any noticible damage to battery life. Im using it rite now matter of fact.. i went threw an 8hr shift an im at 65% im currently inline at walmart for the Black Friday 40" tv deal an ive been just browsing quite heavy an its holding a charge quit good

Did you get it? I didnt

-------------
sent from the Normandy

robert93436

Jun 17, 2012

so this is a must have then, i will buy next week then on my payday, lol i work at walmart in ok, did a 12hr shift it was all kinds of crazy for the first 4 hours over ythe tvs and ipad 2s

hitomikanzaki

Nov 30, 2012
Are you guys discharging the 2/3 of a charge that it comes with out-of-the-box before you first charge it? Or better yet, can some one explain the proper initial battery conditioning process for this battery? Mine came in the mail today but I'm waiting to mess with it until I'm sure what to do.

Last edited:

robert93436

Jun 17, 2012
Are you guys discharging the 2/3 of a charge that it comes with out-of-the-box before you first charge it? Or better yet, can some one explain the proper initial battery conditioning process for this battery? Mine came in the mail today but I'm waiting to mess with it until I'm sure what to do.
im wondering the same thing too, when i get my battery do we kill the battery first then do a full cycle charge, or charge it right away

shane86

Jan 28, 2009
Just got this battery on monday night.
I plugged it in over night to make sure it got a full charge, and took it to work tuesday morning.
With my typical use, it just died about 15 min ago.
36hrs 33m 27s on battery with mixed use of Wifi, 4G, nav, all on the CM10 Rom, not a rom widely known for it's light battery usage.

Wonderyears

Dec 6, 2012
I just received this battery on tuesday. I plugged it in for a full charge and put it in. My battery says I have 96% left, but when I go to settings and look at how much time left I have on it, it only tells me 56 m and 28 s. I am a total noob and know very little about this phone since I have had it. I am just seeing if anyone else had this problem when they tried using their Qcell battery

toobz

Jul 22, 2011
On blazer 4.1 this thing gives amazing battery life. I can go 2 days on a charge easy with 6 hours screen on time. If using a lot of gps then the screen on time is a little less. Wish I bought this a long time ago.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354861738446.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354861738446.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 286

doe or die

Nov 22, 2008
Got this charger yesterday. Charged it up overnight as per the directions and used my phone all day. I got 17 hours of battery life with more than 7 hours of screen time. If this continues, I'd be extremely pleased with the performance of this battery, especially considering it only cost me twenty bucks

kchannel9

Dec 24, 2011
California
Got this charger yesterday. Charged it up overnight as per the directions and used my phone all day. I got 17 hours of battery life with more than 7 hours of screen time. If this continues, I'd be extremely pleased with the performance of this battery, especially considering it only cost me twenty bucks

Where is everyone getting this for $20? I ordered one from Amazon, it was $30 shipped (prime).

sent from my ET4G on Paranoid Android using XDA Premium HD in hybrid mode

doe or die

Nov 22, 2008
Where is everyone getting this for $20? I ordered one from Amazon, it was $30 shipped (prime).

I got the one with the white casing from Amazon for $20. For some reason it's $10 cheaper than the one with the black casing, but the white casing one is almost always sold out. I just got lucky and bought one of the last few they had available at the moment.

Reactions: kchannel9

kchannel9

Dec 24, 2011
California
So, I charged it for 9 hours, like the directions said, then 3 hours more after it was "full". Then I began discharging it.....went to sleep....WIFE PLUGGED IT IN...she is used to my phone always dying and was trying to be helpful...

....is my battery screwed now? Or can I still do something to fix it? Please tell me I can stop being pissed at her... SMFH.

optimummind

Jun 17, 2012
Orange, CA
So, I charged it for 9 hours, like the directions said, then 3 hours more after it was "full". Then I began discharging it.....went to sleep....WIFE PLUGGED IT IN...she is used to my phone always dying and was trying to be helpful...

....is my battery screwed now? Or can I still do something to fix it? Please tell me I can stop being pissed at her... SMFH.

You didn't screw up the battery, sheesh. You can stop being mad at your wife. Just follow the directions again or use a battery calibration app. That's what I did with my Gorilla Gadgets 3500mah battery and everything is great.

Reactions: kchannel9

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    425746dc-0151-b642.jpg
    425746dc-0169-b1e4.jpg
    Absolutely loving this battery! I had a ballistic like case that I cut out the back of so the back end of the battery can stick out and still have that protection from the case. Didn't want the trexcell and its crappy tpu case so this combo works even better imho. The pics below are from the juice left when I received the battery, as you can see took a long time to drain it and I had everything on full blast 4g/bluetooth/screen brightness 100% youtube running non stop etc.

Anxious to see what a few recharge cycles will result in if I get results like this on a half dead battery. I can already honestly tell you all this battery is a huuuuuuge improvement over stock, with the only flaw being the weird back cover that sticks out. Wish they woulda gone with a mugen style cover like they did for the g2x and its 3500 mah extended battery.

Lastly, I kinda like the battery door sticking out a bit more since it feels more comfortable to hold and the index finger has a place to grip making a drop less likely to happen.

Here's your answer.... full charge qcell heavy use.....amazing. trexcell never was this good.
    4a699283-2328-d883.jpg

After just over 30 days using this battery I am still getting amazing results. I wake up every day at 5:30 am and take the phone off the charger. I go to bed every night between 10 pm and midnight. I never plug it in anymore during the day. During the weekdays I average 5 hours of screen on time per day and 3 hours of talk time. I leave everything sync'd but the FB app, which seems to drain everything if left to update on it's own for me at least so I set it to "Never". At the end of the day I am generally between 10% - 15% remaining. During the weekends I take it off at the same time and put it back on at the same time. However, Since I work so much less on the weekends I still end up getting around 3 hours screen on time and 1 hour of talk time with around 40% of the battery remaining at bedtime.
    I haven't taken any screen shots of my phone because personally I don't care if anyone believes me or not. I am simply posting my results so that they might give insight into a positive example of the battery. As with any phone things can vary based on your set up and Faulty batteries do happen so if you are getting less that this I would RMA it for an exchange if possible. I will update if my battery starts to die.
    When I initially got the battery I put it in and charged it to full then used the phone until it died. Then charged it to full and did this for 1 week. When the phone died during the day and I still needed it I swapped back to the stock battery until Bedtime. After the 1st week I stopped doing this. It was probably over kill and unnecessary but I wouldn't be giving an objective review if I didn't include everything that may have lead up to my current results.

Hope this helps.

In addition I listen to a lot of Pandora and Audible during the day, everyday. The screen is off during these times so it's just Bluetooth and data or Bluetooth and just streaming from the device without data. So the device isn't just sitting there doing nothing I am constantly using this and on the weekends I listen to more audio than during the weekdays. These aren't reflected in the battery usage within android for me, I do however have a 3rd party app for measuring battery usage by apps and Pandora and or audible account for around 20% of my battery drain per day with around 8 - 10 hours a day listening.
    If you use the first link in this thread from me it's listed at 19.99 right now

The reviews almost look fake, but for that price its worth a try I guess. I got the andida 2300 battery and it improved mine enough to last a few more hours without a giant case.