m7 and lollipop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Thealshear

Jun 12, 2011
manama
I got confirmation from a trusted source that the m7 and m8 will recieve android L (codename lollipop) 90 days after final code submitted from google
What do you think?

Helmut_TuT_GuT

Feb 20, 2011
Hamburg
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
what was also introduced is that the m7 will get screen mirroring through chromecast! See here

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

HTC Customers and Enthusiasts,

HTC is excited about the new features in Android L release and we can’t wait to share them with you. We are committed to updating our flagship HTC One family as fast as possible as part of our HTC Advantage program. We will begin rolling out updates to the HTC One (M8) and HTC One (M7) worldwide within 90 days of receiving final software from Google, followed shortly thereafter by other One family members and select devices. HTC Advantage protects your smartphone investment, ensuring you have the best smartphone experience long after purchase.

This information is from the official HTC Homepage : http://www.htc.com/us/go/htc-software-updates/

Vonrottes

Nov 3, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Yup, just saw the announcement on the official HTC Facebook.
Says 90days after the google source is released the M7 will have "L"

Great to see HTC throwing updates like this LAST gen phones.

Goozy

Oct 23, 2007
Does anyone know if google is planning on releasing the L source code for the developer's preview or only the Nexus 5/7 factory images?

UCFour

May 3, 2013
Does anyone know if google is planning on releasing the L source code for the developer's preview or only the Nexus 5/7 factory images?

For what I've observed from Google I/O ,android L developer preview will be initially available only for nexus 5/7..
As this will be a test build only,I don't think Google will release factory images for other devices.. Other nexus devices n gpe might see the light some days later but not any soon

chickentuna

Feb 13, 2012
For what I've observed from Google I/O ,android L developer preview will be initially available only for nexus 5/7..
As this will be a test build only,I don't think Google will release factory images for other devices.. Other nexus devices n gpe might see the light some days later but not any soon
Wouldn't be surprised if someone ports the dev preview for devices other than the nexus 5/7. We'll just have to wait and see...

utsavkoju

Nov 4, 2010
St. John's
Wouldn't be surprised if someone ports the dev preview for devices other than the nexus 5/7. We'll just have to wait and see...

I don't think that would happen as porting means copying features of one device to another which are at same android version. So some features might be available but complete rom can hardly be available. Again We have different hardware config from nexus devices so hardware driver won't be available as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Who said anything about elevate blog.htc.com/2014/06/htc-advantage-google-io