Will we be seeing leak of Windows Phone7 like WinMo6.5.3?

Search This thread

irdawood

Oct 24, 2007
Just as the question, im not quite sure how builds of the mobile OS are leaked such as the 6.5.3 builds but do we expect to see something similar with WinMo7?

Reason I ask is because of all the secrecy and app lockdown so im not sure if the OEMS (which is where i presume leaks occure) would be getting it before december like us either.

G

GuestK00306

Probably not. Looks like it is very device-specific, so even if we did get it early, nobody would have a phone which would run it :p

irdawood

Oct 24, 2007
Dont remember anywhere in the keynote where it says it would be device specific, i just want to get this working on my HD2

loomx

Apr 7, 2005
There are other interviews about with the guy showing it off now, he has said that its going to be on multiple devices, some oled, some lcd, some with slide out keyboard, some not. And it specifically supports lots of current processors :) so hopefully will work soon with a leak

Hagenlund

Mar 10, 2009
Oslo
I too would love it to hear someone knowledgeable hazard a guess as to when we might have this running on our HD2's.

sukru

May 19, 2008
Same here on Touch Pro 2. Although OpenGL processors are different in TP2 and HD2, I hope it might be possible to port the OS when HD2 rom is released.

kel16harris

Jun 18, 2007
tp2....not going to happen. its obvious microsoft is navigating away from the old hardware that the tp2 uses, they mention it coutless times, although as they states, wm6.5 will be around for u guys :p

sleepwalkers

Jan 21, 2009
Microsoft is dictating the hardware that WinMo/Phone/Series 7 can run on, and (I'm not sure if this is rumor or confirmed) it looks like a capacitive screen will be required.
Now, if that's the case, someone might be able to hack it onto a TP2 or something like that, but it seems as though the most likely candidate for an upgrade to WinPhone 7 is the HD2.

Maedhros

Sep 24, 2008
Toronto
I dont think we will be seeing leaks.

Microsoft was able to keep something like WP7S quiet for soooooo long, I HIGHLY doubt they would have a hard time keeping their software on lock.

irdawood

Oct 24, 2007
I dont think we will be seeing leaks.

Microsoft was able to keep something like WP7S quiet for soooooo long, I HIGHLY doubt they would have a hard time keeping their software on lock.

I think your wrong, I just want to know when the OS will be given to developers as that is when it will leak, if you listened to Steve Balmer right at the start he says they are announcing WP7 before the leaks occur.

alexleon

Nov 6, 2008
wm7 will be customized by every brand (it's not true that it doesn't support branded UI). so, every brand needs to develop UI on w7. leaked soon.