[APP][MOD] MiFile Explorer! + TUTORIAL "How to transfer files without an USB cable"

Search This thread

Viper The Ripper

Nov 6, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy A6
[APP][MOD] MiFile Explorer! + TUTORIAL "How to transfer files without an USB cable"

Hi mates!!

This was the last version of MiFile Explorer by HootanParsa, I've modified it with the ICS/JB theme :cool:
I would like to share it with you :good:
(ROOT + CWM 5x IS REQUIERED, INSTALLATION PROCESS)

DESCRIPTION

This is a POWERFULL lightweight file explorer, allows you root access, edit text files, change permissions, FTP Sever connections and many more!

CHANGELOG (by apooonet)

v3.0.4 :
- Optimized loading lists and thumbs
- Fixed Some little bugs

INSTALLATION (.apk file)

1. Donwload the .apk file
2. Copy/move it and paste into /system/app (use your favourite file browser)
3. Long press in the .apk file and set the following permissions:

Code:
|                    |
|          [B][COLOR="Red"] R W E[/COLOR][/B]    |
|   [B][COLOR="blue"]Owner[/COLOR][/B][COLOR="White"]![/COLOR]  x-x--    |
|   [B][COLOR="blue"]Group   [/COLOR][/B]x----    |
|   [B][COLOR="blue"]Others  [/COLOR][/B]x----    |
|                    |
|                    |
|  [B]AGREE  [/B]|  [B]CANCEL  [/B]|
|____________________|

4. Reboot!

and ENJOY IT! ;)

CWM FLASHBLE ZIP INSTALLATION

1. Download the zip file.
2. Boot into recovery.
3. Install from sdcard
4. Flash it
6. Done!, reboot system now ;)

CREDITS

HootanParsa for the original apk
Me by modded .apk and to create the tutorial

TUTORIAL Forget your USB connection to transfer files from your laptop to your Galaxy Ace!

How to transfer files without a USB cable using Mi File Explorer

1. You need to install MiFile Explorer (see above)
2. Open the file browser, click on "share" and set up your FTP connection point, long press to edit the values.
1.png
3. Set your own values, IS COMPULSORY TO MAINTAIN THE CORRECT PATH >>> /mnt/sdcard/FOLDERNAMEWHATEVERYOUWANTINYOURSDCARD |Example: /mnt/sdcard/download|
*** You'll be able only to access to the specified folder in the path then in "My network sites", so if you want to access to ALL your sd card folders set by default "/mnt/sdcard"
13.png
4. Ready! Start your FTP service (by pressing on the icon / long press and then "start")
12.png

It's time to configure the network place in Windows (I'm using Windows XP)

1. Go to "My Network Places"
1.JPG
2. Click on tools, then click "Connect Network Drive ..."
2.JPG
3. Uncheck "Reconnect at logon" (optional) and click on "Subscribe to remote storage or connect to a network server"
3.JPG
4. Follow the connection wizard, entering the FTP server address that Mi File Explorer provided you when you created the FTP point
4.JPG
5. Uncheck "Log in automatically" (optional) and create your own profile (using the same user name you put to create FTP point)
7.JPG
6. Put a name to the folder that will keep the connection between devices and will appear in "My Network Places"
5.JPG6.JPG

7. ENJOY transferring files via WiFi instead of using an USB cable!!!

WINDOWS XP/VISTA/7/8.x USERS

To make to work MiFileExplorer modded by me or any other version is A PIECE OF CAKE in Windows!

1°. Enable the FTP server
2º. Go to your PC/laptop and open Windows Explorer or any folder (Windows Explorer ISN'T INTERNET EXPLORER)
3º. Put this: "ftp://xxx.xxx.x.xxx:xxxx" in the address bar, as the IP address set by the aplication and press ENTER :laugh:
4º. ENJOY transferring files via WiFi instead of using an USB cable!!!!

HELLYEAH!!! :laugh:

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 1,303
  • 3.png
    3.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 999
  • MiFile_modbyViperTheRipper.apk
    489.5 KB · Views: 887
  • ViperTheRipper_MIFILE_EXPLORER_MOD.zip
    593 KB · Views: 429
Last edited:

Blackstard

Jun 23, 2012
Hi mates!!

This was the last version of MiFile Explorer by apooonet, I've modified it with the ICS/JB theme :cool:
I would like to share with you :good:

DESCRIPTION

This is a POWERFULL lightweight file explorer, allows you root access, edit text files, change permissions, FTP Sever connection and many more!

CHANGELOG (by apooonet)

v3.0.4 :
- Fixed Some little bugs

INSTALLATION

Just put it in System/app and set the permissions

x-x--
x----
x----

...then reboot!

and ENJOY IT! ;)

CREDITS

apooonet for the original apk

Which rom're u using?

Sent from Speriance ®

Andraxo

Nov 1, 2012
help in step 3 ican't ste the folder it sys inalid , what did oyu set?im using windows xp aswell

Last edited:

Viper The Ripper

Nov 6, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy A6
whatever i write in the folder formula it alwayssays invalid what sohuld i write if i write the /mnt/sdcard it says invalid?

Share> (long press on the icon) Edit> Set your own values!, by default the address is "/mnt/sdcard" if you want to change it to other address, you need to make a new folder in your sdcard or put an address there.
Example1: (creating a new folder un your sdcard) you create "ftp" folder in your sd card, so the address will be "/mnt/sdcard/ftp" (without quotes)
Example2: (link the existing folder) "download" folder is created by default when you open internet browser, so put this address "/mnt/sdcard/download"

You only can access to the specified folder in the path in "My network sites", but if you want to access to ALL sd card folders set by default "/mnt/sdcard" :)

FIRST POST UPDATED!

I hope it work for you! ;)
I've never had any problem with it...

Last edited:

Andraxo

Nov 1, 2012
Share> (long press on the icon) Edit> Set your own values!, by default the address is "/mnt/sdcard" if you want to change it to other address, you need to make a new folder in your sdcard or put an address there.
Example1: (creating a new folder un your sdcard) you create "ftp" folder in your sd card, so the address will be "/mnt/sdcard/ftp" (without quotes)
Example2: (link the existing folder) "download" folder is created by default when you open internet browser, so put this address "/mnt/sdcard/download"

You only can access to the specified folder in the path in "My network sites", but if you want to access to ALL sd card folders set by default "/mnt/sdcard" :)

FIRST POST UPDATED!

I hope it work for you! ;)
I've never had any problem with it...

thank you and anyways solution for what i was facing is not use "\\" but use "//" lol

Viper The Ripper

Nov 6, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy A6
HELLYEAH WINDOWS 7 USERS!! xD

To make work MiFileExplorer modded by me or any other is A PIECE OF CAKE in Windows 7!
You just need to use Windows Explorer
1°. Enable ftp server
2º. Go to your PC/laptop and open Windows explorer or any folder
3º. Put this in the address bar, as the IP address set by the aplicaccion "ftp://xxx.xxx.x.xxx:xxxx"
4º. Enjoy it! ;)

Last edited:

Amrao

Feb 26, 2012
Islamabad
HELLYEAH WINDOWS 7 USERS!! xD

To make work MiFileExplorer modded by me or any other is A PIECE OF CAKE in Windows 7!
You just need to use Windows Explorer
1°. Enable ftp server
2º. Go to your PC/laptop and open Windows explorer or any folder
3º. Put this in the address bar, as the IP address set by the aplicaccion "ftp://xxx.xxx.x.xxx:xxxx"
4º. Enjoy it! ;)

well thanks but i am afraid that just entering the address of ftp:XXXXXXXXXX we would only copy from device to PC but not from PC to device any how i will check that.:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi mates!!

This was the last version of MiFile Explorer by HootanParsa, I've modified it with the ICS/JB theme :cool:
    I would like to share it with you :good:
    (ROOT + CWM 5x IS REQUIERED, INSTALLATION PROCESS)

DESCRIPTION

This is a POWERFULL lightweight file explorer, allows you root access, edit text files, change permissions, FTP Sever connections and many more!

CHANGELOG (by apooonet)

v3.0.4 :
    - Fixed Some little bugs

INSTALLATION (.apk file)

1. Donwload the .apk file
    2. Copy/move it and paste into /system/app (use your favourite file browser)
    3. Long press in the .apk file and set the following permissions:

Code:
    |                    |
    |          [B][COLOR="Red"] R W E[/COLOR][/B]    |
    |   [B][COLOR="blue"]Owner[/COLOR][/B][COLOR="White"]![/COLOR]  x-x--    |
    |   [B][COLOR="blue"]Group   [/COLOR][/B]x----    |
    |   [B][COLOR="blue"]Others  [/COLOR][/B]x----    |
    |                    |
    |                    |
    |  [B]AGREE  [/B]|  [B]CANCEL  [/B]|
    |____________________|

4. Reboot!

and ENJOY IT! ;)

CWM FLASHBLE ZIP INSTALLATION

1. Download the zip file.
    2. Boot into recovery.
    3. Install from sdcard
    4. Flash it
    6. Done!, reboot system now ;)

CREDITS

HootanParsa for the original apk
    Me by modded .apk and to create the tutorial

TUTORIAL Forget your USB connection to transfer files from your laptop to your Galaxy Ace!

How to transfer files without a USB cable using Mi File Explorer

1. You need to install MiFile Explorer (see above)
    2. Open the file browser, click on "share" and set up your FTP connection point, long press to edit the values.
    1.png
    3. Set your own values, IS COMPULSORY TO MAINTAIN THE CORRECT PATH >>> /mnt/sdcard/FOLDERNAMEWHATEVERYOUWANTINYOURSDCARD |Example: /mnt/sdcard/download|
    *** You'll be able only to access to the specified folder in the path then in "My network sites", so if you want to access to ALL your sd card folders set by default "/mnt/sdcard"
    13.png
    4. Ready! Start your FTP service (by pressing on the icon / long press and then "start")
    12.png

It's time to configure the network place in Windows (I'm using Windows XP)

1. Go to "My Network Places"
    1.JPG
    2. Click on tools, then click "Connect Network Drive ..."
    2.JPG
    3. Uncheck "Reconnect at logon" (optional) and click on "Subscribe to remote storage or connect to a network server"
    3.JPG
    4. Follow the connection wizard, entering the FTP server address that Mi File Explorer provided you when you created the FTP point
    4.JPG
    5. Uncheck "Log in automatically" (optional) and create your own profile (using the same user name you put to create FTP point)
    7.JPG
    6. Put a name to the folder that will keep the connection between devices and will appear in "My Network Places"
    5.JPG6.JPG

7. ENJOY transferring files via WiFi instead of using an USB cable!!!

WINDOWS XP/VISTA/7/8.x USERS

To make to work MiFileExplorer modded by me or any other version is A PIECE OF CAKE in Windows!

1°. Enable the FTP server
    2º. Go to your PC/laptop and open Windows Explorer or any folder (Windows Explorer ISN'T INTERNET EXPLORER)
    3º. Put this: "ftp://xxx.xxx.x.xxx:xxxx" in the address bar, as the IP address set by the aplication and press ENTER :laugh:
    4º. ENJOY transferring files via WiFi instead of using an USB cable!!!!

HELLYEAH!!! :laugh:
    Im enjoying it in windows xp, but how to do this in windows 7 ?
    Thanks

There you go buddy! :good:
    First post updated!
    Hi - what does the mod do exactly?

lol! :laugh:
    Read the first post please ;)
    D
    Deleted member 5617821
    I never understood what seeting permissions is. Help? How do I install it? Can't I just flash the zip?

Yes, you can flash this from the CWM. Just download "ViperTheRipper_MIFILE_EXPLORER_MOD.zip" from OP, boot to CWM and then flash it. Done! Hope I Helped :)
    Thanks, it's done :) Really cool app! :fingers-crossed: