[Q] Ran RUU - Now have S-OFF w\Relocked Bootloader

Search This thread
Nov 26, 2010
London
Would appreciate some advice before I move forward ....

I was running ViperOne 4.2.0 happily, albeit on a very old firmware version.

However on trying to flash a current firmware it failed with "FAILED (status read failed (too many links))" which left me stuck with the silver HTC on a black screen with the 4 warning triangles in each corner.

I then downloaded and flashed this: "RUU M7 UL JB 50 HTC Europe 1.28.401.7 Radio 4A.13.3231.27 10.31.1131.05 Release 310878 Signed" which got me back up and running ......

However, my current bootloader info is:

*** RELOCKED ***
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-OFF RH
CID-11111111
HBOOT-1.44.0000
RADIO-4A.13.3231.27
OpenDSP-v26.120.274.0202
eMMC-boot
Mar 7 2013,20:01:03:-1

What steps do I need to take to get back to root, with custom recovery, latest firmware and be able to flash ViperOne again?

Gixy

Dec 16, 2011
Would appreciate some advice before I move forward ....

I was running ViperOne 4.2.0 happily, albeit on a very old firmware version.

However on trying to flash a current firmware it failed with "FAILED (status read failed (too many links))" which left me stuck with the silver HTC on a black screen with the 4 warning triangles in each corner.

I then downloaded and flashed this: "RUU M7 UL JB 50 HTC Europe 1.28.401.7 Radio 4A.13.3231.27 10.31.1131.05 Release 310878 Signed" which got me back up and running ......

However, my current bootloader info is:

*** RELOCKED ***
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-OFF RH
CID-11111111
HBOOT-1.44.0000
RADIO-4A.13.3231.27
OpenDSP-v26.120.274.0202
eMMC-boot
Mar 7 2013,20:01:03:-1

What steps do I need to take to get back to root, with custom recovery, latest firmware and be able to flash ViperOne again?

So you've done an RUU , and it got stuck in the RUU screen?
Try "fastboot oem restart*
Then boot intro bootloader.
Download CMW/TWRP
then flash the recovery
Turn Adb-sideload on in recovery, use adb sideload to install ViperRom again.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2010
London
So you've done an RUU , and it got stuck in the RUU screen?
Try "fastboot oem restart*
Then boot intro bootloader.
Download CMW/TWRP
then flash the recovery
Turn Adb-sideload on in recovery, use adb sideload to install ViperRom again.

No, the RUU finshed fine and it rebooted back into the stock ROM with stock recovery, however when I try to flash recovery (twrp 2.6.3.3) it fails with:

"FAILED (remote: not allowed)"

Is this due to the bootloader being "Relocked"? If so, any idea how to Unlock it again .... I used HTC Dev to initially unlock it way back when and rumrunners to get S-OFF

Thanks for the help!

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Unlock using HTC dev? revone is for 1.44 hboot

SuperCID, dont think that HTCdev has an unlock token for that

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

nkk, as I didn't use Revone to get S-OFF, would that still be a valid way of getting back to Unlocked, do you think?

revone -u

has nothing to do with s-off, it's just unlocking using; eg: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2475914

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
He ran the RUU zip. that assumes that phone is not rooted anymore.

*you must be s off.
*you must have superuser installed(see this thread if you need help installing superuser. use the keep bootloader locked directions)

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
revone has m/'

Revone had m/c exploit!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

revone has

Revone had m/c exploit!

Gixy

Dec 16, 2011
No, the RUU finshed fine and it rebooted back into the stock ROM with stock recovery, however when I try to flash recovery (twrp 2.6.3.3) it fails with:

Is this due to the bootloader being "Relocked"? If so, any idea how to Unlock it again .... I used HTC Dev to initially unlock it way back when and rumrunners to get S-OFF

Thanks for the help!

When you run an RUU, i assume your bootloader has been locked, so if RUU is succesfull, your bootloader is currently locked/relocked.
Go to the HTC dev email you´ve received with the Unlock_code.bin . but this in your folder with adb & fastboot. Go into fastboot mode, and execute : ¨fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin¨
If you havn´t got this email anymore, go to the htcdev website and request your unlock code again as you did unlocking.
Then install TWRP/CMW, flash youŕe preffered rom

EDIT: Just read the other posts, use revone as
nkk71 suggested. Otherwise read up on the revone thread :
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2314582

Last edited:
Reactions: channelsurfer99
Nov 26, 2010
London
As suggested, I used my original HTC Dev token to successfully unlock the bootloader from it's "Relocked" state.

Then I was able to flash TWRP and reflash ViperOne ... So I'm back to where I started from thankfully!

The only problem I'm having is getting the right PC drivers installed to connect the phone to transfer files ...... That's going to have to wait until tomorrow now as it's late here!

Thanks to everyone for the help and advice

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlock using "revone -u"

You can do what nkk71 has suggested or unlock using htcdev by generating a new unlock key.

Thanks for the help!

When you run an RUU, i assume your bootloader has been locked, so if RUU is succesfull, your bootloader is currently locked/relocked.
    Go to the HTC dev email you´ve received with the Unlock_code.bin . but this in your folder with adb & fastboot. Go into fastboot mode, and execute : ¨fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin¨
    If you havn´t got this email anymore, go to the htcdev website and request your unlock code again as you did unlocking.
    Then install TWRP/CMW, flash youŕe preffered rom

EDIT: Just read the other posts, use revone as
    nkk71 suggested. Otherwise read up on the revone thread :
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2314582