OG One or One M8

Search This thread

MJScore

Jul 24, 2010
Manteca, California
For those of you that have come from the original One, are you happy with the M8? Is it a worthy upgrade? I know that there are no roms out yet but I'm wondering to use my upgrade yet or wait?

ticklemepinks

Feb 26, 2008
For those of you that have come from the original One, are you happy with the M8? Is it a worthy upgrade? I know that there are no roms out yet but I'm wondering to use my upgrade yet or wait?

well the sd card was upgrade enough for me alone, but i love the battery life, it's beast and the camera look good to me too

tommason1968

Apr 17, 2011
I'm coming from the og one, but I haven't got the phone yet

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app

uh60james

Sep 29, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Had the OG One, switched to the Nexus 5 and now have the M8. I am extremely happy with the M8 and will probably end up keeping this longer than either of those.

tbonanno231

Sep 18, 2010
Tuckerton, NJ
This phone is beautiful, smoking fast, the screen is large and vivid; it's the best I've seen. I say go for it. [emoji106]

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

slayer69

Jul 3, 2009
San Diego, CA.
M7? whats that?? lol I have been on the M8 now for 2 days and have forgotten all about the M7. This upgrade was well worth it. Love getting the SD card back and like everyone else has said...its fast....super fast, beautiful screen, solid build and the camera is fun.

volk9029

May 10, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
M7? whats that?? lol I have been on the M8 now for 2 days and have forgotten all about the M7. This upgrade was well worth it. Love getting the SD card back and like everyone else has said...its fast....super fast, beautiful screen, solid build and the camera is fun.

I agree with you 100 %. If your area is blessed with spark, even more so. :)

Sent from my lair.

Attachments

• 1396472565905.jpg
    1396472565905.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 291

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
This is exactly the quandary I find myself in. Saw the m8 at Verizon and messed with it. Must say i was underwhelmed. Trying to decide now between N5 and M7, mostly.

Spark is wicked fast, but I don't know if my market will get it (just north of Seattle).

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

thesabri

May 5, 2011
Well I love them both... My only complaint is lack of vlte. I was looking forward to canceling my mifi... I got it bc my area didn't have lte and I had become spoiled by phones that allow me to surf and talk on Sprint... Sigh

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
Keeping my SIM unlocked M7 on T-Mobile because I get great LTE everywhere around Brea, Yorba Linda, Anaheim at $70 unlimited everything.

Using an upgrade for the M8 (Best Buy has Gold and Gunmetal Black for Sprint at $199) in about a week. The same area has great Spark coverage. My M7 is customized exactly how I want it with all of the possible extras but the M7 feels like an American muscle car (powerful sturdy with straight lines) and the M8 is like a Ferrari with blazing speed and great curves. I was using the store salesman model and I got a pop up to swipe up with 5 fingers I believe and I was instantly connected with 7 TV's across the store. I just hope Spark is somewhere near these pics I have seen ...the map says I am in the center of a big area of coverage

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Gray Tapatalk 2

fuunkychicken

Nov 29, 2011
This is exactly the quandary I find myself in. Saw the m8 at Verizon and messed with it. Must say i was underwhelmed. Trying to decide now between N5 and M7, mostly.

Spark is wicked fast, but I don't know if my market will get it (just north of Seattle).

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Sprint will be deploying B41 (2500Mhz) LTE all throughout West Washington. It isn't widespread yet, but count on it being fast ;)

I have Spark at work in Tukwila on my Nexus 5 and it hovers between 40 and 50 Mb/s

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

mswlogo

Dec 15, 2004
Boston
If it only cost you around an "upgrade cost" it's worth upgrading. If you had to pay no contract price no it's not worth it.

My HTC One M7 has the original wide dynamic range dual mics. It's a very overlooked feature that just rocks.

Could care less about camera gimmicks.

Camera seems about the same. And it's fine.

I do like the SD card.

I still prefer the size of the M7, it was perfect. And it's weight.

Sound wise it sounds the same. And that's with beats off on the HTC One M7. With beats on I suspect M7 sounds better.

I prefer headphone jack on top.

Sense 6 is no biggy, but it is a tad nicer.

My wife has the HTC One M7 now. The clarity on phone calls between them is extremely good.

M8 does seem to pull LTE better and maybe transition better between 3G and LTE better (maybe). Does some funky things (Spark things I guess).

It's not a huge upgrade for sure.