[Guide][Root+CWM] Samsung Trend plus GT-S7580

Search This thread

carma2012

Jun 16, 2014
Pluto
well thats the course of nature.
who are you to stop innovation?
no matter what someone will still do what is necessary to move on.

even you will become the dictator of the whole world . still we will move on for the better or worse.

lol...im not saying "i want to stop innovation!"
u should read carefully dude before replying!
:laugh:

janolsen

Mar 1, 2009
no root.zip

Followed all instructions and it works perfect until the point where it says to Select root.zip, this file simply doesn't exist on my phone - though I did have a successfull PASS with Odin.

I have previously installed SU. Not sure if this is the reason. When I in CWM-based recovery choose to reboot simply to get out of the CWM, I get the question to "root Device (/system/xbin/su)" ?!

I chose YES. After reboot, the SU app says "installation failed" if I try to enable super user, so I assume it doesn't work for my phone as root.zip was never found.

s!mon

Feb 29, 2012
Followed all instructions and it works perfect until the point where it says to Select root.zip, this file simply doesn't exist on my phone - though I did have a successfull PASS with Odin.

I have previously installed SU. Not sure if this is the reason. When I in CWM-based recovery choose to reboot simply to get out of the CWM, I get the question to "root Device (/system/xbin/su)" ?!

I chose YES. After reboot, the SU app says "installation failed" if I try to enable super user, so I assume it doesn't work for my phone as root.zip was never found.

you must have the root file on sd card.
have you recently updated the rom (jelly bean)?

janolsen

Mar 1, 2009
you must have the root file on sd card.
have you recently updated the rom (jelly bean)?

I thought that Odin would put the root.zip file on phone memory as instructions mentions /0 directory. At the moment there's no root.zip file on the SD, but maybe it gets deleted with rebooting.

Not made any updates, phone was sold with android 4.2.2 directly from telecom company. Baseband is S7580XXUAMK5.

s!mon

Feb 29, 2012
You first need to install CWM with help of Odin, then you copy the root file on SD card. You reboot in CWM mode (phone must be turned off ... then you press volume up + main button + turn on/off ... press all at same time leep it until you see it enters CWM mode) and then you find the zip file and install it.

Don't update through Kies (there is a new update for this phone) as I lost my root after I updated it and cant root again.

SlimShady08

Apr 30, 2014
You first need to install CWM with help of Odin, then you copy the root file on SD card. You reboot in CWM mode (phone must be turned off ... then you press volume up + main button + turn on/off ... press all at same time leep it until you see it enters CWM mode) and then you find the zip file and install it.

Don't update through Kies (there is a new update for this phone) as I lost my root after I updated it and cant root again.

What kind of upfate? Like, to 4.4.2 ?

Sent from my GT-S7580 using XDA Free mobile app

s!mon

Feb 29, 2012
it was already 4.2.2 on the phone and it still shows the same version... update was about 600 mb and can't see any difference from the old one. But lost the root and can't use the root file again

SlimShady08

Apr 30, 2014
Should I upgrade binary if I'm asked to? What will be the benefits and/or drawbacks of it?
Will I brick it this way? I've heard bricking is almost unavoidable.

Last edited:

SlimShady08

Apr 30, 2014
Should I upgrade binary if I'm asked to? What will be the benefits and/or drawbacks of it?
Will I brick it this way? I've heard bricking is almost unavoidable.

I did. However installing chainfire drivers ended up in soft brick. No prob tho a new flash of rom and its cool. Using custom ROM solaris and for some reason I think it runs smoother

yordanoyuela

Mar 5, 2013
Comayagua
WARNING
This will void your warranty, so do at your own RISK

Requirements:
- USB driver
- Odin 3.07
- Root file UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip
- Recovery CWM

Install Clockworkmod Recovery and root
- Install USB driver
- Connect your phone as MTP and copy on Phone memory the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip file ( without unzip it)
- Remove your phone
- Extract file recovery.tar.md5 from Recovery CWM in your desktop
- Turn off your S7580
- Press and hold Volume DOWN + Home + Power until you can read a Warning screen and press Volume UP to continue
- Connect your phone to pc and wait for driver installing...
- Open Odin 3.07 and the ID:COM should turn blue
- Untick Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time
- Click on PDA and select file recovery.tar.md5

attachment.php

- Press Start button
- When you read PASS! unplug the usb cable

attachment.php

- Press and hold Volume UP + Home + Power until screen turn off
- Release only Power button and you are on CWM Recovery... ;)
- Select (use Volume up/down and select with Power button) install zip -> choose zip from internal sdcard-> 0/
- Select the Root zip and Yes - Install ..
- After all is done select reboot system now

That's all :D

Press and hold Home + Volume UP + Power buttons for 5s to boot into cwm recovery mode.

Troubleshooting
If you boot in stock recovery, after flashing CWM Recovery, you have to:
- download Root Browser from Play Store
- rename file install-recover.sh to install-recovery.sh.bak in /system/etc folder of your phone

I suggest using this CWM recovery to root your phone ONLY. This version is not fully compatible with Android 4.2.2
Tested and working on S7580L

SlimShady08

Apr 30, 2014
Anybody here has Linux installed and running?
If not please tell me because i am thinkin of makin a tutorial how to do this since I have

Last edited:

fits79

Hi.

Can anyone tell me which zip file i must download to simply run the gt-s7580 android 4.2.2 at recovery menu and run the zip file i have copy at the external micro sd card.

I just want to root my phone not install custom recovery menu.

A lot of thanks.

Last edited:

Lord_Flaya

Jun 1, 2012
Tomelilla
Can you update cwm to support my Trend. regular s7580.
AP: S7580XXUBOA2
CP: S7580XXUBOA1
CSC: S7580OJVBOA2

Or help me make it work, because i only get Error: cant verify signature on the zip file from OP

Lord_Flaya

Jun 1, 2012
Tomelilla
WARNING

Requirements:
- USB driver
- Odin 3.07
- Recovery CWM

- Install USB driver
- Connect your phone as MTP and copy on Phone memory the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip file ( without unzip it)
- Remove your phone
- Turn off your S7580
- Press and hold Volume DOWN + Home + Power until you can read a Warning screen and press Volume UP to continue

attachment.php

- Press Start button

attachment.php

- Select (use Volume up/down and select with Power button) install zip -> choose zip from internal sdcard-> 0/

Press and hold Home + Volume UP + Power buttons for 5s to boot into cwm recovery mode.

Troubleshooting
- rename file install-recover.sh to install-recovery.sh.bak in /system/etc folder of your phone

I suggest using this CWM recovery to root your phone ONLY. This version is not fully compatible with Android 4.2.2

I have the 4.2.2 S7580 Trend And this guide did NOT work for me. However I found this guide, and this worked. Something is wrong with the CWM in OP because the one from here works. Also there is TWRP and PhilZ. They also have some Roms for the Trend that I tried and found Working.

Link: http://honai-android.blogspot.se/2014/02/how-to-root-galaxy-trend-plus-s7580-on.html

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING

Requirements:
    - USB driver
    - Odin 3.07
    - Recovery CWM

- Install USB driver
    - Remove your phone
    - Turn off your S7580

attachment.php

- Press Start button

attachment.php

Troubleshooting

i am not able to go to recovery mode. as you said when i try to hold volume up+home+power it stucks at boot animation.

First off, follow my instructions EXACTLY as I write. (ALL necessary files are attached in post except for stock FW). Extract the .rar files.

I assume you have the Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus GT-S7580 and not GT-S7580E/GT-S7580L. (if you do, tell me and I´ll find new links for you).

Go to one of or all these links and find and download the correct FW for your device+country and if possible carrier.
    http://androidxda.com/samsung-galaxy-trend-s7392-stock-rom
    http://www.editandroid.com/stock-firmwares-roms-for-samsung-galaxy-trend-plus/
    http://www.mrcrab.net/stockrom/gt-s7392.html
    http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/GT-S7580/

Points to be noted:
    1) Check battery percentage, your device should have at least 60% battery power

2) Turn on USB Debugging mode, go to Settings-General-Developer Options (As the Developer options are hidden by default on all Android device running on Android 4.2 or up, So go to Settings-General-About on your Galaxy Trend Plus and tap Build Number for 7 times to visible the Developer options.) (If your phone doesn't boot, then we assume it has USB debugging on). Otherwise you'll need to find a way (adb) to enable it.

3) Install USB driver for your device on your PC/Laptop.

4) Switch off and boot Galaxy Trend Plus S7580 into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons (long press until the boot screen appear), now press Volume Up key to proceed to Download Mode. Run ODIN as Admin.

5) Now connect your Galaxy Trend Plus S7580 to your computer via USB cable

6) In Odin screen, you should see a COM Port number like “0:[COM7]” at ID:COM section and “Added!” text at the message box. This means your device has been detected by Odin.

7) Make sure that, only the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options are checked in Odin.

8) Now, extract the downloaded firmware zip file, you’ll find a firmware file with extension .tar.md5

9) In Odin screen, click on AP (PDA in older Odin) button and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension (The firmware file look something like: S7580XXDLJ5_S7580ODDDLI7_INU.tar.md5)

10) Now, click on the Start button to begin the installation process, wait few moments.

11) Once completed, you would see “PASS!” message in ID:COM port having green background

12) Your device should automatically reboot after completion

13) You can now disconnect your device from computer

14) Finish

Hope you successfully completed the update process. If you followed everything as mentioned in the above tutorial, then your device should now running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.

NOW ON TO ROOTING AND GETTING TWRP. (

Pre-Requisites:
    Check battery percentage, charge your device to a decent level of at least 60% battery power. Your device should not turn off during installation.
    Turn on USB Debugging mode, go to Settings-Developer Options-USB Debugging

1) Now, Switch off your phone and boot Galaxy Trend Plus S7580 into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons together (long press until the boot screen appear), now press Volume Up key to proceed to Download Mode.

2) Run ODIN as Admin.

3) Now connect your Galaxy Trend Plus S7580 to your computer via USB cable.
    In Odin screen, you should see a COM Port number like “0:[COM7]” at ID:COM section and “Added!” text at the message box. This means your device has been detected by Odin.

4) Uncheck the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options.

5) Now, click on the AP (PDA in older Odin) button and select the TWRP.S7580.tar.md5 file.
    Finally, click on the Start button to begin the process, wait few moments.
    Unplug the USB cable from computer, you have installed TWRP Recovery.
    Now, turn off your phone and go to TWRP by pressing and holding the Home+Volume Up+Power buttons together.
    Select Install zip from SDcard , Select choose zip from SDcard and select the SuperSU zip file and flash it.
    Select reboot to system now, SuperSU Installed and your device is rooted now, finish.
    Stuck at boot animation screen? Fix Bootloop on Galaxy Trend Plus GT-S7580
    If anything goes wrong, your device may stuck at booting animation. If your Galaxy Trend Plus GT-S7580 stuck at boot animation screen for more than 10 minutes, then follow these instructions:
    Go to Recovery Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons together.
    Now, perform Wipe Data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition task before selecting the reboot system now option. In Recovery Mode use the Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select any option.
    You got root? I never goot root on my phone.

Please, try to flash this root file UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip. If it works, i add it on my first post
    I found what the problem. Мy Samsung has a new last version of firmware - S7580XXUBNA2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.

I bought phone with that firmware, so I have problem.:confused:

WARNING TO ALL, IF YOU UPGRADE TO LAST FIRMWARE YOU WILL PROBABLY LOSE ROOT.

I need help and does anyone have any idea how root that firmware. :)

Thank you all. :)

I managed to root :)