Phone Profiles.... Seriously

Search This thread

JGUI

Jun 24, 2003
Poland, Scotland
www.jgui.net
I just updated my "flagship software" for Phone Edition.
(sorry for the one month of delay time)

Many many improvements, new features and fixes.

Now you can replace the default balloon message of the upcoming phone, use the fullscreen message, see the caller's photos in any size... or turn the Pocket PC completely off into the Silent Profile.

More fixes for the standard PPC2002 and WM2003 Phone Edition versions.

You can customize the view of taskbar with all default icons are still visible correctly. The only solution for Phone Edition.

Plus: skinable interface, icons, images, messages in the full version, just it going to change the name to the Phone Profiles Seriously.

The Lite Version is free update for current users.
Test it. There is a few different O/S now. Be sure it works with your device correctly.

The Trial Version works 7 days without limits.

More screenshots, descriptions on the new Home Page:
http://www.jgui.net/phoneprofiles/index.html
Read there how to customize your images, icons, message.

I open the contest for the best and fun icons for Phone Profiles.
The winners (3) will get the full version. Until the end of February.

previ.jpg

taskbar_menu.jpg

sublimatica

Nov 26, 2003
My trial of version 3.1 has just finished, so I downloaded version 5 to see what has changed.

The settings interface is a big improvement, but there are two bugs that I've found which have annoyed me. Also, in version 3.1 I had nice small icons on the Today screen. In version 5 the icons are huge! Too big!

Bugs:
- When I click a profile icon, then choose a time, the click goes through the time button to the today item behind it. The profile is chosen OK, but I then have to close (for example) the Bluetooth setting dialog. Grrr!
- Last night I was browsing my offline IE favourites. As normal, every time I opened a stored page, the XDA2 tried to connect GPRS to check the page version. As normal I clicked the 'cancel' button to stop the GPRS connecting, but every time I did this, the machine turned itself off. I discovered this is because I had chosen a Phone Profile (default Silent) with the setting to turn the machine off after every call. This was a major pain in the ass. :) If this setting is going to cause the machine to switch off like this then I'm never going to use it - it's a wasted setting.

At the moment, Version 5 has disadvantages for me. It's not a step backwards, because the settings interface is improved a lot, but I'm not going to use the program any more. This is a pity - Version 3.1 was excellent!

Hope this helps.

Edit: More bugs? I just set the 'Loudest' profile to 'Vibrate: longer' on incoming calls. Wow. It was definitely longer. It wouldn't stop, even 30 seconds after the phone had passed the call to answerphone. I had to switch it off and back on to stop the vibration. Great. :(
Also on loudest profile, with SMS set to 'Sound: normal' and 'Vibrate: normal', I get no vibration or sound at all when an SMS comes in.
Also also :) , I can't configure MSN Messenger alerts independently, which I could in V 3.1.
Damn, my disappointment level is rising!

JGUI

Jun 24, 2003
Poland, Scotland
www.jgui.net
1. I think it is safe to see the today screen and changes of phone profiles whe it happen - just to be sure "where you are". why do you want to change the phone profle when you are with another settings dialog? if I undestood you correctly

2. you have right, I did not think in this way. I will fix it. In the meantime: just do not use "turn the power off after the call" option, easy?

thanks for you comments

sublimatica

Nov 26, 2003
Thanks for responding quickly.

More explanation:

On the Today screen I have PhoneProfiles with the (large) icons visible. When I tap an icon to change profile I get the timeset buttons (15, 30, 60, 90 etc.). The timeset buttons are bigger than the area that PhoneProfiles needs, so on my screen the timeset buttons overlap the item below, which is my Bluetooth headset profile item. When I click the '---' button to select the PhoneProfile, the click activates the chosen PhoneProfile, but also hits the Bluetooth headset item.

I have disabled the 'Turn power off after the call' option. :)

JGUI

Jun 24, 2003
Poland, Scotland
www.jgui.net
I uploaded the setup file,

problems with vibrate and fullscreen skinning fixed

btw: when you use "longer vibrate" or "pulse"
and you will not answer the call and the caller cancel the ringing
and now you want to break the vibrations
PRESS the red phone hardware buttons on tap the balloon or fullscreen message

JoseF

Nov 23, 2003
Stockholm
Hi JGUI,
Nice work.
I miss one thing. Is possibel to give diferent ring tones to callers? as you can do with the pictures?
Regards
JoseF

JoseF

Nov 23, 2003
Stockholm
Hi JGUI,
Nice work.
I miss one thing. Is possibel to give diferent ring tones to callers? as you can do with the pictures?
Regards
JoseF

JGUI

Jun 24, 2003
Poland, Scotland
www.jgui.net
different sounds

are you sure you want it?

I noticed that when I set different sounds sometimes when I hear my phone ring I do not focus and undestand that it is ringing because my mind expects default ring I use.

in the previous version there was an options to random select sounds from one folder and this given me the same confusion as the one above, sounds changes and I do not recognize that my phone ring when I listen music or tv....

any way, of course I thought so and I can add this feature
you can keep photos and sound in one folder with names as your caller phone numbers and the program will use if found photo or sound with appreciated name to number

thanks

tadzio

Nov 23, 2003
Munich, Germany
caller photo trial?

Hi!

@JGUI: the description and screenshots look very promising. I would like to use this program to replace the CallerId program that comes with the MDA/XDA II. CallerId is somewhat notorious, and seems to cause many problems.

However, I would like to test this feature before I shell out $39... would you consider making a trial version of the Seriously version? You could limit the caller photos to, let's say, three entries. That would be enough to test the feature, and still give enough incentive to actually buy the program!

Also, do you consider foreign language versions? I'd be happy to help you making a German version, if you want!

Best Regards
Daniel

JGUI

Jun 24, 2003
Poland, Scotland
www.jgui.net
I made

I made the trial,
of course as I made it always for all my software.

this is one setup file for all versions of Phone Profiles currently,
you install and you start to use the trial,
then you can write in settings dialog the password
to unlock to the lite version or to the full "seriously" version
depend what passwword you got.

Fishie

Jan 17, 2004
Hi JGUI, I downloaded the trail and it look good.
One thing i miss is that whem receiving a sms I can let the red light only flash for 5 minutes up to one hour. I would like to see it flash without limit. So only when I read the sms the red light can go off.

Fl 9500

Dec 27, 2003
Paris
Got it...excellent

But do I need to delete caller id monitor from start ???? I think it s not usefull now right ? with JG prog, functions are the same and I am not sure to use the two at the same time wont make some bugs Your opinion ? :D

sublimatica

Nov 26, 2003
Oh, and we all want configurable MSN Messenger alerts, right? :wink:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

zendrui

Apr 16, 2003
www.pocketzenphone.net
I tried the 3.xx versions but I had some bugs ...

The version 5 looks good but it is not possible to have different ring tones for contact :(

And 39$ it is a little bit more expansive when you see that Crazy kart :D only cost 15$
For that price do we have unlimited upgrade free ?

Could some users post their feedback about this version ....

wiredup

Sep 10, 2003
Chino Hills, CA
Fix web site... www.jgui.com ?

JGUI:

I downloaded the Seriously version and like many of the features. However, I am trying to figure out how to set all of the features you describe. Your web site has broken links all over the place... and, moreover, it's difficult to find this software without knowing the exact link.

REQUESTED FEATURE:
It would be VERY nice to be able to "schedule" profiles to turn on and off. For example, I'd like to have silent scheduled from 10PM-6AM, then have the default turn on from there...

Thx, JS

JGUI

Jun 24, 2003
Poland, Scotland
www.jgui.net
link?

broken link?

I think it works fine:
www.jgui.net/phoneprofiles/

scheduling profiles? hmmm? I think it would be "too much".
you will forget your settings between just 4 profiles, scheduled and normal changed, very soon! and you will be wonder that your phone works in unexpected way...

I tested scheduling, my friends too....
We think that the simple tap the icon and change the profile temporary or continuously, it is the better solution...

But I'm still listening comments, awaiting... let's see what others will say...

thank you for your comments[/url]

tadzio

Nov 23, 2003
Munich, Germany
Re: link?

JGUI said:

What he meant are the links "patents", "dhtml", "pocketpc" and "contacts" in the top blue bar on your site, which point to non-existing pages.

JGUI said:
scheduling profiles? hmmm? I think it would be "too much".
you will forget your settings between just 4 profiles, scheduled and normal changed, very soon! and you will be wonder that your phone works in unexpected way...

Well, I would find that a useful feature. You could, for example, program it to go to the "quietest" profile each day from 10pm to 7am, when you're asleep.

Cheers
Daniel

Fl 9500

Dec 27, 2003
Paris
but...

I have a problem with IA (included in Qtek)...it run at the same time and I have two scrren (one over the other one) when somebody call... how to stop Id caller ? I tried to put out from start folder but it still start after a soft reset....

Any idea ?????

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am here.

Just sometimes I work with another projects. But I read your comments and add as many fixes as I can do. I hope I will give you update before the end of this or the next week. I just work up with fixes for XDAII too.

If someone observe that the power turned down after installation. Just try to switch the power on by the hardware buttons several times and then go to the phone profiles settings and uncheck "power off" options for some profiles.
    There is a real need for Phone Profiles

JGUI:

Today, I disturbed a couple of collegues by a loud melody playing when I received an SMS.

I would really love this software to work on the XDA II - or in my case, and Orange M1000.

Enhancements wanted:

Take a look at MiniGPS for the Symbian platform (Nokia 3650 etc). This really usefull piece of software monitors the GSM cells you are logged on to and enables you to execute events when you enter a cell or group of cells.

My Nokia phone automatically enters the 'pager' profile when I am about 500 m from work, and switches back to normal when I have left work. That way, I never distrub other people i our open-office workspace.

Functionality like that would be the final touch for your app. There is a bad need for phone profiles for the XDA II and your app looks like the most promising.

I would be happy to test and report straight back if you update the app. And I WILL buy it when it works.

Regards
    Michael

B.t.w. I have not detected any problems uninstalling. I did remove the today item before uninstall just in case..