[MOD] DL30 Data Throttle Remover

Search This thread

adrynalyne

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2008
I believe I found the source, see here. Based on some of the posts that I read in that thread, this isn't going to do anything. The mod came from the Epic, and apparently only works on T-Mobile (USA) or Bell (Canada) and does nothing for anyone else. If you experience an increase in data speed, it's likely just a placebo. Will installing this hurt? Probably not, but not installing it doesn't look like it's going to do anything either.

EDIT: First post of that thread is almost verbatim what is in the first post here. Pages 11-13 seem to have most of the useful info on this working/not working.

Yeah this is an age old hack that honestly I've never seen help any female user. I went ahead and added it to superclean because people form their opinions regardless what facts show.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

shorto85

May 21, 2010
Roseville
I think I'm being throttled. I'll check speeds again when I get home.

470629a7-4f45-326a.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate

Snow02

Dec 6, 2009
The speedtest app sucks, honestly. Try using speedtest.net/speedtest in the browser instead.

The speedtest app can be returned to some semblance of normal operation by clearing the app's cache and data, or reinstalling.

pkopalek

Feb 11, 2010
Buffalo, NY
If this uses the same trick modifying services.jar that the incredible data throttle remover uses, it may work.

SupraLance

Nov 12, 2010
Stone County, Missouri
How can anything we do on the phone help if Verizon is monitoring how much data is sent to each phone and throttling the data sent if it goes over a certain amount? We know Verizon monitors our data usage on their end (not relying on the phone to tell them). So unless Verizon accomplishes throttling by sending a message to the phone telling the phone to throttle itself, I don't see how this can help. I sincerely hope I am wrong, but I think we have to hack into Verizon, rather than our phones, to stop this.

TheHunterOfShadows

Aug 5, 2010
I installed it and upon reboot it sat at the vz logo. I restored a backup. Think ill pass on this.

drod2169

Feb 19, 2010
Tampa, FL
problem with this is... verizon can still throttle your account/device on the network side. this may prove helpful at times, or it may just all be placebo. i know people are in heaven with it on my Droid X rom, so i figured i'd do the same with the new fascinate froyo leak. whether it helps or not, it doesn't hurt.

by no means is this something that should be sworn by. it just may give an extra push.

L

LegionTHEFecalExcretion

I noticed no difference whatsoever. This definitely doesnt work.

imnuts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
problem with this is... verizon can still throttle your account/device on the network side.

I feel that Verizon is to smart about network congestion control to allow end user software to throttle data speeds. It wouldn't do anything because the people they want to throttle most would be the ones that would find a way around it, such as this. I'd say all of their rate control is going to be done on the network side. Will this mod hurt? No, but it's likely doing nothing by installing it either.

dalrym05

Dec 12, 2010
I did the throttle remover and it does appear to work on both my incredible and fascinate. Doubled downstream ina decent signal area. And if you say you got stuck at verizon boot screen after doing this. Maybe you didnt give it enough time. Ive given mine 5 minutes at that screen before after applying mods via cwm i dony give up untill 15 minutes

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This should remove the data throttle cap for the new DL30 Leak

**THIS SHOULD ONLY BE FLASHED OVER THE LEAK OR ANY ROMS BASED OFF THE LEAK, NOT ANY THEMES. IF FLASHED OVER A THEME, IT COULD POTENTIALLY CAUSE A BOOTLOOP, OR BREAK THE CHANGES THE THEMER MADE. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED**

..::..Data Service Governer Killer..::..

1. What does this do?
    This is a modification to the services.jar framework file, that allows you to have an un-throttled internet.

2. Will this make my internet faster?
    Yes and No. This will not "Upgrade" your internet. This only takes the trottle off, so you can download, or play games and not have to worry about it hitting a certain peak and lagging from that point on. It doesn't provide you with a new internet, only a warm fuzzy feeling from knowing you don't have to worry about it capping off.

3. If I flash this, will it break my phone?
    If it did, yours would be the first case I heard of. I've personally flashed it NUMEROUS times.

4. Will this work on any ROM?
    Yes. This is not based off a particular ROM, and can be used with ANY Fascinate ROM. ALTHOUGH If you're Dev has made changes to the services.jar file, this could wipe those changes out. If you are unsure, send me your services.jar file, and i will look for you. Hopefully, i'll be able to make a download list in a couple days with all the Dev's services.jar files, so you can download that specific one. You can always ask your Dev.

5. Do I have to be rooted?
    Yes. In order to be able to flash this, you are going to need to have root with a custom recovery

All credit goes to the dev who figured this out, sino8r! I simply applied this to the new froyo leak.

Download:
    http://bit.ly/h8Ostj

Flash via CWM.

I am not responsible for anything that may happen/go wrong during or from this.
    I think I'm being throttled. I'll check speeds again when I get home.

470629a7-4f45-326a.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate

Rofl. That's not throttled, that's auto-erotic asphyxiation.