D4 Update Zip Maker v1.2r1 - Make update.zip with some clicks!

Search This thread

D4rKn3sSyS

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2011
Medellín
Done!, new version uploaded, fixed the bug, thanks for reporting darkstep, also improved zip method (should be tiny faster, now calcs only once CRC32, 2 not really needed).

Reactions: Tionnz and Eyama

darkstep

Dec 4, 2010
finally its working for me ;],but i have a question set_perm(0, 0, 777, "/system/etc/init.d/S97ramscript") but in root explorer
05ea7944c81de17b.png
the script is running fine the ram values are changed so i thing the permissions are the same?
edit:after a reboot the script is not running even if i change the permissions manually what im doing wrong?
here is the script:
mount("yaffs2", "MTD", "system", "/system");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
package_extract_file("/system/etc/init.d/S97ramscript", "system");
set_perm(0, 0, 777, "/system/etc/init.d/S97ramscript")

Last edited:

fowenati

Sep 16, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
This is great! Finally got it running! Just realized this was in the X10 forums, that's probably why it didnt work on my evo3D. I feel like such a noob. Any chance for extended support for other devices?

D4rKn3sSyS

Jan 12, 2011
Medellín
This is great! Finally got it running! Just realized this was in the X10 forums, that's probably why it didnt work on my evo3D. I feel like such a noob. Any chance for extended support for other devices?

That's basically My idea, in fact it should run on any device, we only need your device prebuilt, you can check /installfolder/prebuilt/u20.zip, and replace META-INF folder with some META-INF from some update.zip on evo3D Forums, also if boot.img avaliable, share how to create on your specific device using edify scripting, so we can build a prebuilt for evo3D. :)

fowenati

Sep 16, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
So by pre built what exactly do you mean? Could I pull it from my phone and upload it for you to implement? Or would I put it in the install folder (programfiles/etc) on my computer in the directory you said. As for the META-INF, would I need an Evo3D one for the update-binary, since this one would over write the script?

Thanks for all your help

D4rKn3sSyS

Jan 12, 2011
Medellín
So by pre built what exactly do you mean? Could I pull it from my phone and upload it for you to implement? Or would I put it in the install folder (programfiles/etc) on my computer in the directory you said. As for the META-INF, would I need an Evo3D one for the update-binary, since this one would over write the script?

Thanks for all your help

mmm, 2 questions
1. Do your device support boot.img (kernels)
2. Can you upload a little update.zip for anything, ill add to prebuilts on next release ;)

fowenati

Sep 16, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
mmm, 2 questions
1. Do your device support boot.img (kernels)
2. Can you upload a little update.zip for anything, ill add to prebuilts on next release ;)

Yeah it supports kernels, I don't have particularly fast internet now (think 12 kbps up) to upload my own zip (not that I have gotten one working), but I can link you to a few threads for the evo3D that have update.zips that work.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1194137 (ROM Im trying to make a mod for)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1209379 (Mod that removes sense for the 3VO which I tried building my mod off of)

Reactions: D4rKn3sSyS

D4rKn3sSyS

Jan 12, 2011
Medellín
Yeah it supports kernels, I don't have particularly fast internet now (think 12 kbps up) to upload my own zip (not that I have gotten one working), but I can link you to a few threads for the evo3D that have update.zips that work.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1194137 (ROM Im trying to make a mod for)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1209379 (Mod that removes sense for the 3VO which I tried building my mod off of)

Ok, next version will have evo3D prebuilt :) thank you!

darkstep

Dec 4, 2010
i got it working it took a little bit of reading as i sad im a newbie to this stuff :D

TRusselo

Jan 20, 2011
Edmonton
might want to note java must be installed...

just wiped my harddrive... why aint this working? duh!

rosshalz

Nov 5, 2010
Chennai
pure awesomeness!

D4, u the man!
never thought i'd be making flashable zips in my life (given that i have no backgound in programming an all!)

BIG thanks man! it works perfectly!

on a side note, i need a suggestion if someoe can.... I am trying to revive my mimmi which i ...er...screwed a bit up.... I've posted this question in the android Q&A forum too.. i'm quoting here...

Let me start off by telling you what I did.
I flashed the unofficial CM7 by nobodyAtall (nAa) for my x10 minipro with his kernel. All was going fine until i decided to tweak the autobrightness values a bit. wat I ended up doing up (accidently) was setting screen brightness 0 for ALL light sensor value ranges.
Now I dont have a cwm backup before this. so currently I am with a device that is working but , unfortunately, i cant see absolutely nothing :p

My question is this. Can I create an update.zip to do something about this? I tried deleting cmparts.apk and cmparts.odex and deleting only the data of the cmparts.apk...but no avail... my phone boots and all, but as i said, i cant see anything.

Any suggestions?

So.... any suggestions???

Kag

Sep 10, 2006
It says trojan detected on the exe on my AV (Panda Cloud)
KillAV.NH

Anyone else got this?

D4rKn3sSyS

Jan 12, 2011
Medellín
Reactions: erraggy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, I was seeing that some times people just don't like to manually make scripts, so I had the iniciative to make this software, and after weeks of no sleep, here you go.. I hope you guys like it!

Features:
    • Installable, now you can choose any folder on PC for building zip! Removed since 1.2
    • Easily build update scripts for Edify script (Used by most of ClockWorkMod Recovery's)
    • Configuration for compression
    • MD5 Calculation for Created Zips
    • Read from file
    • Hotkeys
    • Smart functions (like automatic placeholders for empty system folders only)
    • Non-repeatable options prompt (for example, formatting data twice)
    • Device selection (we'll need devices plugins :D)
    • Manual edition
    • Default symlinks for toolbox and busybox
    • Easy use for starting users
    • More!...

Simple instructions

Please report bugs, and remember that you need to have java installed for run this, and if you're on windows vista/7, run as administrator
    This is a little video when I was building last options, now it's more complete and fast

Cheers,
    D4.
    10.03.2012 - 1.2r1
    Fixed a LOT of bugs
    Non installable again
    Added EVO 3D prebuilt
    Revamped logo, and Customizable themes on options

15.08.2011 - 1.01r2
    Fixed this bug, thanks to darkstep for reporting
    Improved zip method

13.08.2011 - 1.01r1
    Now installable!
    Output folder now it's on installation folder
    Selection of external folder
    Read script from zip
    Added more hotkeys
    Custom zip comment
    Fixed bugs

08.08.2011 - 1.0r2
    Implemented location of working directory (now you can work out of update folder)
    Fixed bugs

07.08.2011 - 1.0r1
    Initial Release.
    Simple instructions for everybody to build zips:

• Our work Folder will be called /update by default, and Update zip maker will create this folder on startup (you can change working folder). Also Update Zip Maker zip this folder when you press "Build package". *NEW* Now you can change working folder!
    • Copy files to be modded on selected place (for example, if I want to mod /system/build.prop, I'd put build.prop inside /update/system/ folder, which will create Update Zip Maker software) //also something interesting, If you press "Extract system" button, Update Zip Maker will create /system folder, inside /update, and the same for data
    • Mount our filesystem (for build.prop case, then we need to mount system)
    • OPTIONAL: Add some notification to user, like "installing build.prop"
    • Extract files (for build.prop case pressing Extract system)
    • Set permissions(for build.prop case 0 0 0 644)
    • Push zip to phone, install and enjoy!
    This program is the best:)I think this will be usefull for all devices who use ClockWorkMod Recovery so it will be greate to have teseter's with difrend device;)
    btw D4 you are rocking;) exelent work;)

EDIT: hey is there any option that you add permissions for framework, bin, xbin, system?
    i think when you press Set permissions it pups up like it is but there would be extra space that you just chose perms like for framework
    Code:
    (0, 0, 0755, 0644, "/system/framework");
    this is just my proposal ;)

for folders like framework you can use "set permissions recursively" :)
    btw, guys, could you press "sumbit to portal", on the top of first post, so everybody can see this please?
    Edit, new version it's up, enjoy!
    New version it's up!, now installable!, enjoy new features!.