[FIX] Fixing your bricked/black screen DSOD/broken nvflash Tab

Search This thread

Eiranova

Feb 21, 2012
i went to the samsung service center in cyberzone sm north annex awhile ago and they said that they do fix no power issues for the samsung galaxy tab. but there's a check-up fee of P560. it was ok for me unfortunately their receiving time is only up to 7pm. so i'll check again tomorrow, maybe it'll just cost me 1k to fix this issue than wait 1 week or more.. : /

Misledz

Jun 1, 2011
Cebu City, Philippines
i went to the samsung service center in cyberzone sm north annex awhile ago and they said that they do fix no power issues for the samsung galaxy tab. but there's a check-up fee of P560. it was ok for me unfortunately their receiving time is only up to 7pm. so i'll check again tomorrow, maybe it'll just cost me 1k to fix this issue than wait 1 week or more.. : /

Hmm, SM, Philippines :p We're not far apart after all.

I do hope that you won't spend more for the repair than the actual usage. I would suggest you to experience fixing this on your own, because truth be told, if it happens again (God forbid) you would be required to spend from your pocket (And we all know in PH 1k isn't a small amount -.-)

Eiranova

Feb 21, 2012
sigh.. yeah but i've only been able to use it a week since i bought it : /

i wish there was a faster way to drain it. anyway can you pm me a link to the stock firmware for P7510? thanks..

Misledz

Jun 1, 2011
Cebu City, Philippines

i wish there was a faster way to drain it. anyway can you pm me a link to the stock firmware for P7510? thanks..

I cant do direct links but then you can register on sammobile site, it's free just the registration is one time only. I don't even know which firmware you'd prefer so it's kinda a gamble lol. On another note, have you given it in already? Yeah happened to the guy who sold me his 10.1v, Used it less than a week when it was bricked, and now it's my perma usage :p

Benzoman

Jan 9, 2012
Central Illinois

Overcomes ROM thread points to their page outside of here and it has a link to download P7510 stock. Just do some looking. I'm not for sure it would be what you need, but might be worth trying.

If you can read this it was sent using my GT-P7510.

Eiranova

Feb 21, 2012
hey i've thought of something.. what if i plug-in an earphone to it? do you think it would drain the battery faster? hmm.. need something to plug-in into the audio jack that would draw power from the battery.. what should i plug into it?

Last edited:

Misledz

Jun 1, 2011
Cebu City, Philippines
hey i've thought of something.. what i plug-in an earphone to it? do you think it would drain the battery faster? hmm.. need something to plug-in into the audio jack that would draw power from the battery.. what should i plug into it?

unfortunately the drain occurs only when

1) LED Has been lit up?
2) The modules have been loaded

Even if you did plug something into the audio port, there is no actual audio being loaded so there isn't really a drain, just keep the power button held down via tape or something and just leave it be eventually the backlight will turn off (RIP) :p

Reactions: Eiranova

Eiranova

Feb 21, 2012
woot finally!! it's now back up and working (didn't need to reflash rom)

one thing i'd like to change from your guide (disconnect from pc if you have the usb charge option on, just use a rubber band to have power button pressed all the time and use the original ac plug to test if battery had been fully drained)

also it wasn't mentioned that after you plug it into the socket (assuming you feel that the battery had been fully drained) you need to press and hold the power button for maybe 5-10secs until you see the "Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1" message since you won't see the "Battery" icon right away when you plug it in. you would still need to press the power button for a couple of seconds : j

thanks guys! thanks to TS it's been very helpful than shipping this back to the US (almost P2,000 for shipping) to have it changed/refunded. ^^v

zBarry

Jan 30, 2012
Sydney, NSW
i'm so jealous lol .. i tried that on my galaxy 10.1v but it didn't work .. i even tore apart my tab to take the battery out and put it back it .. that also didn't work :(

Misledz

Jun 1, 2011
Cebu City, Philippines
woot finally!! it's now back up and working (didn't need to reflash rom)

one thing i'd like to change from your guide (disconnect from pc if you have the usb charge option on, just use a rubber band to have power button pressed all the time and use the original ac plug to test if battery had been fully drained)

also it wasn't mentioned that after you plug it into the socket (assuming you feel that the battery had been fully drained) you need to press and hold the power button for maybe 5-10secs until you see the "Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1" message since you won't see the "Battery" icon right away when you plug it in. you would still need to press the power button for a couple of seconds : j

thanks guys! thanks to TS it's been very helpful than shipping this back to the US (almost P2,000 for shipping) to have it changed/refunded. ^^v

Glad to see your's is alive and running, GO MY CHILD! BE FREE AND ENJOY THE WONDERFUL PASTURES IT SHALL PROVIDE. Usually it takes about a few seconds after being completely drained for the offline charge to pop up. Sometimes some can't seem to tell if the tablet charges via USB because by default it shouldn't, then again the Overcome ROM has mentioned it that this can be annoying so they have mentioned how to turn it off too :).

@zBarry, Don't worry mate, haven't given up on you :) Shall help you get this alive and kicking.

Eiranova

Feb 21, 2012
@zBarry - have faith.. just leave that rubber band on, and check using the wall charger every once in awhile.. good thing Misledz asked me to be patient and wait.. xD

Misledz

Jun 1, 2011
Cebu City, Philippines
@zBarry - have faith.. just leave that rubber band on, and check using the wall charger every once in awhile.. good thing Misledz asked me to be patient and wait.. xD

You sir just saved yourself 1-3k pesos :p Hahaha worst part is that 500+ Pesos check fee *Shrugs* Now you can treat the Mrs. with that and avoid the whole "You spend too much for that tab and not for me :(" speech Hahahaha :D

Misledz

Jun 1, 2011
Cebu City, Philippines
The same way, just follow the steps I mentioned, and everything will be perfect, you just have to make sure that you only attempt the drain method if you can't boot up into Download Mode.

Reactions: Overscorp

Overscorp

Mar 4, 2012
thank Misledz :) just to check, i bought a LED and i've made a link do the power pinout on the tab, now i got a light in the LED :) i supose that when the LED turn off the battery will be fully drained? am i right?

Misledz

Jun 1, 2011
Cebu City, Philippines
thank Misledz :) just to check, i bought a LED and i've made a link do the power pinout on the tab, now i got a light in the LED :) i supose that when the LED turn off the battery will be fully drained? am i right?

Seems so, and that's a clever trick really, saves the whole pluggng in, just don't plug it to the PC. The LED should be a better solution :) What was the % of battery when you last had it die? Also don't forget to hold down the power button to drain it fast. LED's eat less battery anyways.

Reactions: Overscorp

Inkydink

Sep 29, 2007
Hi, I've left my unit on the shelf with the power button taped down for a month. I think I screwed up the 1st time so now I'm wondering :
1) When does the battery icon show up? Is it immediate? Do I have to wait 1 minute? 5 minutes? 20 minutes? I stared at it for around 5 minutes and nothing happened (or at least I think it was 5 minutes, cant tell when you stare at something)
2) After 1 month of having a USB adapter and a USB with LED plugged in and I know the LED wasnt blinking, I could not tell if it was fully drained. When I plug it into the computer, the APX thing shows up in less than 10 seconds (I did this to verify it was fully drained). Did I drain it completely before? Did I just start to charge it again?

Sigh, I've been at this for like 3 months and I'm wondering if I just really screw up each time or if my unit is really messed up since i did not uncheck the 're-partition' thing in odin. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

---------- Post added at 06:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 AM ----------

Oh, sorry, I forgot to ask one more thing.
How much time do I have after the Battery Symbol pops up to reset with Power and Volume (-)? Do I have to push those buttons right away or do I have like 10 minutes before the cycle screws up and I have to drain again?
Thanx for all your help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This may or may not work for most but this worked heavily for my 2 units that had the same issue. One with a broken nvflash, the other that faced a bootloop and never booted up again. Took almost a week and I felt almost all hope was gone because the bloody service centre's refused to accept the unit's as they were not purchased from the region, rather online. Scumbag Samsung :mad:.

[!] This is usually a 90% fix for both broken nvflashes/deep sleep of death, considering you haven't drowned your Tab by now with no hope :D. I ask that you kindly attempt this once if you haven't before you QQ to the nearest Samsung center like I did.

- Drain your tablet

And by all mean's do so, The quickest way to get this done in less than 2 days or so (Depending on the battery percent charged) is to get a clear tape and tape around the power button pressed.

- Testing if you have drained it completely/Taped it right.

Connect the tablet via USB to your PC, make sure you have the NV Driver files [http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1130574]

Just install the driver and proceed to the step where it asks about holding down the [Power button] +[ Volume+] and wait for the constant USB connect/disconnect sounds. It also helps to look at Device Manager to see if it still pops up.

When the battery is completely drained it will stop popping up in the device manager, and your ready to go.

MOST IMPORTANT STEP

You have only 1 and only 1 chance per drain to get this done right. Plug it into the socket charger and see if the charging icon should come up, after being fully drained you should see the charge icon should pop up [100% tested and works, this step is annoying but it's the tablet version of taking out the battery and popping it back in] and what ever you do, DON'T BOOT IT UP NORMALLY, instead press [Power Button] + [Volume -] keys and let go when you see the logo to get into fastboot mode.

Select the android buddy with the [Volume +] key and it will boot into Download Mode.

From here on out everything is easy sailing. Get the right firmware and Odin and flash the firmware you require. It doesn't matter what region you are from, the tablet is made to accept any regional firmware BUT the model number should be the same. Which mean's 7500 for 7500 ONLY.

Edit: Since you have only one chance per drain, I suggest you flash a stock firmware rather than flashing CWM to save it, Because CWM would only fix the recovery, It wouldn't fix the damaged bln. The fastest way to get a stock firmware is grabbing the stock firmware from the Overcome thread :D
    The method described in the OP doesn't involve flashing using nvflash. It is an attempt to get the device to out of whatever low level mode it might be stuck in by draining the battery and hoping it will power up again and reset.

It's nearly impossible to tell what exactly the problem each person had. People haven't been posting much information about how they "bricked" it or what the events were that led to the tablet being stuck in this state. So it's hard to tell what exactly the conditions are that this method might work under.
    Hi, I had a quick question before I send my P7510 in for RMA:

The tablet froze during a TWRP flash of pershoot's 9/01 CM9 experimental build. I had to power it off and now it won't power back on. I've drained it a few times (as far as I can tell) by attaching various USB devices to the USB dongle add-on and tried to get it to show that it was charging by plugging it into the wall A/C charger but unfortunately I haven't had any luck. Just a blank screen and a tablet that won't turn on.

Any advice?

that TWRP recovery, if using samsung's release kernel 3.1, needs to have MMC_CAP_ERASE removed from it. please contact the person who built this to have it rebuilt without this functionality in it.
    On another note, Updated the OP
    There's no way to remove the battery since it's like hardbound inside. Drain it to turn it on sir.

Yeah you should get it plugged via APX mode. Press it for 15 secs both then connect it via USB, After that you can hold it down via tape, the power button only.