Bootloop directly after flashing ANY rom with Heimdall or Odin, partitions at fault?

Search This thread

vindikleuk

Jan 20, 2012
Overijssel, Netherlands
Hey folks,

So I'm trying to load android 2.3.6 on my i9000 (it was previously running 4.2). The thing is, it's home button is broken so I can't easily access the recovery mode. So I've built a jig, forced the phone into download mode, and from there on flashed 2.3.6 using THIS method.

The phone then automatically reboots into Clockworkmod Recovery 3.0.0.5. I then wipe dalvik and cache, and factory reset the phone. Then when I'm trying to boot into android, the phone enters a bootloop. It doesn't even show the boot animation, just the Galaxy S black/white splash screen. At that point I can't seem to get back into the recovery, because of that broken home button.

What I've done so far:
- Checked that my SD card isn't faulty. I can perfectly browse files with the recovery. Mounting the SD card however doesn't work. I don't know why.
- Before I used heimdall to flash the ROM, I tried using Odin v1.83. I clicked repartition and used a 512.pit file. Could it be that my partitions are messed up?
- My end goal is to flash Cyanogenmod 10.2.1. I tried flashing the 10.2.1 .zip (it was still on my sd card, luckily) through the recovery. But that also results in a boot loop, where I cannot get past the boot animation. I know a solution to that would be to clear user data and dalvik again, but I don't know how to get into recovery mode from there.

So, any ideas what I could do? I have a feeling that something's up with my partitions, but I don't have the knowledge to know for sure. Any help is very much appreciated!

Last edited:

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines
So, any ideas what I could do? I have a feeling that something's up with my partitions, but I don't have the knowledge to know for sure. Any help is very much appreciated!
Follow
pinned.png
[Tutorial] How to Unbrick, Flash, Downgrade, Root, Update i9000 from Froyo to Kit Kat and use PIT file, to repartition with the JVU 2.3.6

shubhkirtisharma

Sep 1, 2012
Chandigarh
OnePlus 6
Hey folks,

So I'm trying to load android 2.3.6 on my i9000 (it was previously running 4.2). The thing is, it's home button is broken so I can't easily access the recovery mode. So I've built a jig, forced the phone into download mode, and from there on flashed 2.3.6 using THIS method.

The phone then automatically reboots into Clockworkmod Recovery 3.0.0.5. I then wipe dalvik and cache, and factory reset the phone. Then when I'm trying to boot into android, the phone enters a bootloop. It doesn't even show the boot animation, just the Galaxy S black/white splash screen. At that point I can't seem to get back into the recovery, because of that broken home button.

What I've done so far:
- Checked that my SD card isn't faulty. I can perfectly browse files with the recovery. Mounting the SD card however doesn't work. I don't know why.
- Before I used heimdall to flash the ROM, I tried using Odin v1.83. I clicked repartition and used a 512.pit file. Could it be that my partitions are messed up?
- My end goal is to flash Cyanogenmod 10.2.1. I tried flashing the 10.2.1 .zip (it was still on my sd card, luckily) through the recovery. But that also results in a boot loop, where I cannot get past the boot animation. I know a solution to that would be to clear user data and dalvik again, but I don't know how to get into recovery mode from there.

Flash proper/stock jvu not any rooted or customized one. Then root it and then flash your ROM properly...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: vindikleuk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey folks,

What I've done so far:

Flash proper/stock jvu not any rooted or customized one. Then root it and then flash your ROM properly...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2