Mac File Transfer

Search This thread

mrdeviance

Dec 27, 2011
For some reason I can''t use Android File Transfer with my HTC One M8 - It just doesn't appear. The phone goes into MTC mode and says USB Connected, but ATP gives me the "No android device found" error?

Anyone else had the same error or have any other mac workarounds?

I can't stand HTC Sync Manager ...

psinno

Jul 29, 2010
Dublin
I ran into the same problem yesterday.

All I could find on the internet was a post advising to reboot with the phone plugging in. That seemed to work but it was only a temporary fix. And a review mentioning the problem , that HTC had acknowledged it and that a fix was expected in late April.

BAM1789

Dec 5, 2011
Mesa
For some reason I can''t use Android File Transfer with my HTC One M8 - It just doesn't appear. The phone goes into MTC mode and says USB Connected, but ATP gives me the "No android device found" error?

Anyone else had the same error or have any other mac workarounds?

I can't stand HTC Sync Manager ...

FYI to everyone.. This is a Sense Only problem. MTP works fine on GPE ROMs. As a workaround, if you want to keep Sense, use AirDroid or something similar to transfer files to your phone via WiFi.

v-b-n

Feb 17, 2010
Singapore
This was already asked in Q/A subforum -> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2714671

Here's my response :-

You will need ROOT and app called "DriveDroid"

Download Android File Manager - http://www.android.com/filetransfer/

Open DriveDroid app, give it root access and under its settings, change USB or Permanent USB mode to "Mass Storage Android Debugging"

Connect to OSX and open the Android File Manager app on OSX... next time you wont need to open it manually, it will open everytime you connect the phone.

This might break connection to HTC Sync though

(I use the above for my iMac)

craig0r

Sep 24, 2008
Toronto
Make sure HTC Sync Manager is not installed at all if you want Android File Transfer to work. This has been an issue in the past, although it doesn't sound like the issue here though. I personally don't have a problem using HTC Sync Manager to transfer my files, but if course I can see why people wouldn't want to use it.

I think the reason MTP is such crap on Macs is that Microsoft owns the license for the MTP protocol, and they let everyone use it except Apple, thus making Windows a more appealing OS. Just a theory though...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium HD app