[Leak][Canada] i337m VLUFNC1 Kit Kat - Multicarrier package, Now with 100% less pit!

Search This thread

0mega1

Mar 11, 2008
Hamilton
Through a well executed chain of private messages I managed to get a hold of a shiny new leak for us S4 users, Don't know if it will help you AT&T users much, But I'd love it if it did. For now, this is for Canadian users only, and can be used (Confirmed with Bell, and Telus) with any carrier

Included in this package are a few things:

1) BL, AP, CP, and CSC files for Odin
2) Odin v3.09 to be used for flashing (Not confirmed to work with any other version, So why not have the latest? )

jUElFS5.png

Instructions for Flashing

Root: Latest version of CF Auto root HERE (Seriously, go buy that guy a beer. http://www.chainfire.eu/ )

As far as flashing the package goes, all files need to be put in their respective shots as per the screenshot, you may need to flash 2-3 times in odin to get the whole package in there, like with most custom -> stock transitions.

The updated bootloader is the only real bummer here, overall a very nice package, fully rootable, works with Wanam Xposed for any of those curious, with very little as far as incompatible modules I can see.

One key change I'm missing personally is the lack of adaptive auto brightness... Can no longer increment -5/+5 on your auto brightness setting :(

Anyway, enough about it for now, here is the package link. Screenshots will be posted in a few minutes.

https://mega.co.nz/#!h8pTnCZS!t2-PiSb5W9ZyNp7fct7WD_Pg_dnc-eZqtMvpsuKv_9Q <-- Now with 100% less pit file!

I know some people were doubting the legitimacy of this in the Canadian thread, but I just finally got permission to post the leak from my source, since it's not carrier specific, and doesn't tie back to any one specific person. Heh.

Last edited:
G

GuestK00192

downloading right now, will install it asap.

Thanks a lot 0mega1

dahlungril

Apr 10, 2011
Interested in trying this out...wondering if anyone has noticed any bugs or general performance issues? Also is it responsive on the S4?

Thanks,

Through a well executed chain of private messages I managed to get a hold of a shiny new leak for us S4 users, Don't know if it will help you AT&T users much, But I'd love it if it did. For now, this is for Canadian users only, and can be used (Confirmed with Bell, and Telus) with any carrier

2) The appropriate PIT file for the Canadian 16gb model
3) CF Auto Root package for Odin(Latest version as of posting) -- HUGE Thank you to chainfire for all of his work. http://www.chainfire.eu/
4) Odin v3.09 to be used for flashing (Not confirmed to work with any other version, So why not have the latest? )

jUElFS5.png

As far as flashing the package goes, all files need to be put in their respective shots as per the screenshot, you may need to flash 2-3 times in odin to get the whole package in there, like with most custom -> stock transitions.

The updated bootloader is the only real bummer here, overall a very nice package, fully rootable, works with Wanam Xposed for any of those curious, with very little as far as incompatible modules I can see.

One key change I'm missing personally is the lack of adaptive auto brightness... Can no longer increment -5/+5 on your auto brightness setting :(

Anyway, enough about it for now, here is the package link. Screenshots will be posted in a few minutes.

https://mega.co.nz/#!ghpAhaaK!eXjKiZvQy9aUvy54AhXXAl14DJGVrot1msb6XOUlhgw

I know some people were doubting the legitimacy of this in the Canadian thread, but I just finally got permission to post the leak from my source, since it's not carrier specific, and doesn't tie back to any one specific person. Heh.

0mega1

Mar 11, 2008
Hamilton
Interested in trying this out...wondering if anyone has noticed any bugs or general performance issues? Also is it responsive on the S4?

Thanks,

Up until I hear otherwise it is literally running on two phones, aside from whatever there is internally.

I've had zero issues since I flashed it yesterday, and battery has been great.

agriff

Oct 23, 2009
Dallas
Very nice. Thanks for uploading. Can someone please provide and upload a system dump of this ROM? Having trouble with my ext4.img extract tools since 4.3.
Thanks.

TRusselo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Edmonton
dont use pit files unless you NEED a pit file.

quick way to bork your phone

always check the post count of the Uploader.
less than 200 ? I would not follow his instructions. And i would only flash his leak, if my post count was higher and I knew what to do without reading some "new guy's" instructions

Last edited:
G

GuestK00192

TRusselo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Edmonton
I don't care where he got it, my point is only experts should be flashing leaked firmware.

Or to put it simply if you need instructions, don't flash it.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Reactions: interaser

TLS2000

Feb 20, 2012
Mississauga
I've installed this using Odin. Can't get the modem file to stick. I'm stuck on MK6 for baseband. Wifi doesn't work as a result.

Did a complete wipe of System, Cache, Dalvik and Data.

I've tried reflashing the modem file a few times but it's not sticking. I'm attempting a reflash of the entire ROM right now to see if that does the trick.

Edit: It stuck after a second flash. Wifi works now.

Last edited:

0mega1

Mar 11, 2008
Hamilton

0mega1

Mar 11, 2008
Hamilton
dont use pit files unless you NEED a pit file.

quick way to bork your phone

always check the post count of the Uploader.
less than 200 ? I would not follow his instructions. And i would only flash his leak, if my post count was higher and I knew what to do without reading some "new guy's" instructions

I fail to see how my post count indicated the quality of what the release. This isn't the first time I've posted a leak here, might be the last though... Apparently the content doesn't matter so much as who is doing the work nowadays.

Reactions: Airtioteclint

aiton

May 28, 2013
So where is the .pit file in the package? Or can we flash this without the .pit?

Thanks!

aiton

May 28, 2013
You don't need the .pit file. The OP should remove that from the instructions. Otherwise it's running smoothly.

Oh, ok, thanks. And just another question, if we're not using the .pit file, we should also uncheck the repartition box? (because .pit files will only need to be used if a firmware update needs to change your partition layout). Or how did you do it?

Thanks for the info!

Gage_Hero

Jul 22, 2010
modem.bin

Is it possible to pull the modem.bin file from here? I am running another kitkat rom but with MK6 would like to try this one......

ChantalCaron13

Oct 23, 2013
Laval
Oh, ok, thanks. And just another question, if we're not using the .pit file, we should also uncheck the repartition box? (because .pit files will only need to be used if a firmware update needs to change your partition layout). Or how did you do it?

Thanks for the info!
It fails for me Re-Partition checked or unchecked. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

2) Odin v3.09 to be used for flashing (Not confirmed to work with any other version, So why not have the latest? )

jUElFS5.png

Root: Latest version of CF Auto root HERE (Seriously, go buy that guy a beer. http://www.chainfire.eu/ )

https://mega.co.nz/#!h8pTnCZS!t2-PiSb5W9ZyNp7fct7WD_Pg_dnc-eZqtMvpsuKv_9Q <-- Now with 100% less pit file!

So where is the .pit file in the package? Or can we flash this without the .pit?

Thanks!

You don't need the .pit file. The OP should remove that from the instructions. Otherwise it's running smoothly.
    Cool. Didn't know that the stock 4.4.2 kernel had a dependency on the new bootloader. Is this Knox related?

In any case, thanks for the info!

Yup! Actually 4.3 stock kernel first introduced a dependency for new 4.3 non-reversible aboot as well. That was the end of, being able to use stock, unaltered, Canadian kernel and flash any compatible rom. Odexed or deodexed.
    Which is why, since then, to flash different firmware, we have depended solely on stock patched ( @talexop and @jeboo) and/or custom (from source) kernels. It is and always 'knox', whether directly or indirectly (laying the foundations for it combined with 'SE enforcing').

Sent from my LG-D803
    I don't care where he got it, my point is only experts should be flashing leaked firmware.

Or to put it simply if you need instructions, don't flash it.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk