Making the GNote as fast as possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

treacherous_hawk

Dec 22, 2012
Hello dear XDA peeps!

My Xperia Z just broke so Im back on my GNote1 and boy is it slow!

So my question is how to make it as fast and smooth as possible? What rom, what launcher and so on?

Asking for best rom is again XDA rules, If you are on stock rom and as you mentioned that it hasn't been used for a while, factory reset might help, if you don't like touchwiz, then flash KK rom of your choice after clean wipe, read thread for instructions on how to.

hobs0n

Jun 25, 2007
Muppsala
Sony Xperia Z3v
Huawei P20 Pro
Asking for best rom is again XDA rules, If you are on stock rom and as you mentioned that it hasn't been used for a while, factory reset might help, if you don't like touchwiz, then flash KK rom of your choice after clean wipe, read thread for instructions on how to.

Sorry, missed that rule about asking for a rom :/

I am running good old CM 9xxx. I was more asking if there are any known roms to be as lite as possible and a really light launcher.

Anyway, Im downloading latest CM now and Ill see how that perform :) I get the idea that latest CM isnt the most light, especially for old devices with only 1gb ram, am I wrong?

treacherous_hawk

Dec 22, 2012
Sorry, missed that rule about asking for a rom :/

I am running good old CM 9xxx. I was more asking if there are any known roms to be as lite as possible and a really light launcher.

Anyway, Im downloading latest CM now and Ill see how that perform :) I get the idea that latest CM isnt the most light, especially for old devices with only 1gb ram, am I wrong?

never used CM, so i might not be the right person to answer that. I have been using Omnirom and Asylum-omni rom both with fabulous performance and battery life.

malybru

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 16, 2006
London
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Mod Edit

"Best" or "Recommend" ROM/kernel threads are not allowed on XDA.
Please test these things for yourself.
This is the only way you will get an unbiased opinion,and then, you can decide for yourself if it meets YOUR needs.

Don't forget to make a nandroid before you start.

Thread Closed

malybru
Forum Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.