[Q] [P710] How to install CWM on LG L7 II?

Search This thread

ChrisBunny

Dec 15, 2012
Alright, I can not, for the life of me, find any guide on how to install clockworkmod on this phone. I want to start flashing roms, but I assume I need to install CWM first. But I can not find any guide or tutorial on how to go about that.

I did it with relative ease on my old ZTE Blade but I forgot how, and I can't find any instructions for this phone.
There's a recovery on RomManager's site but I don't know how to install that. If that's what I need at all. And RomManager doesn't even recognize my phone to install it. I'm so confused. ( -_-)

Can anyone help me or link me to a cwm guide for p710?

Thanks.

sugarkane87

Oct 22, 2012
Bandung
Alright, I can not, for the life of me, find any guide on how to install clockworkmod on this phone. I want to start flashing roms, but I assume I need to install CWM first. But I can not find any guide or tutorial on how to go about that.

I did it with relative ease on my old ZTE Blade but I forgot how, and I can't find any instructions for this phone.
There's a recovery on RomManager's site but I don't know how to install that. If that's what I need at all. And RomManager doesn't even recognize my phone to install it. I'm so confused. ( -_-)

Can anyone help me or link me to a cwm guide for p710?

Thanks.

here you go http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2700579 btw you can't flashing any ROM yet, cause there's no Costum ROM LG L7 II :silly:

ChrisBunny

Dec 15, 2012
here you go http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2700579 btw you can't flashing any ROM yet, cause there's no Costum ROM LG L7 II :silly:

Thanks! Sorry for the 20 day late thanks... I made the topic while i was sleep depraved and then some tests and other college stuff got in the way and gmail put the reply email to spam and i completely forgot about it.

I see a bunch of slimkats and forgot the names of others, i thought that was it?
And i dont get why but theres roms for every version of LG L7 II except the one i have, the p710 xD

Digdis

Feb 6, 2014
Tel Aviv
Thanks! Sorry for the 20 day late thanks... I made the topic while i was sleep depraved and then some tests and other college stuff got in the way and gmail put the reply email to spam and i completely forgot about it.

I see a bunch of slimkats and forgot the names of others, i thought that was it?
And i dont get why but theres roms for every version of LG L7 II except the one i have, the p710 xD

You got it wrong mate. None of the L7 II phones have custom roms, not just yours. Sad but true.

Sent from my LG-P714 using Tapatalk

ChrisBunny

Dec 15, 2012
You got it wrong mate. None of the L7 II phones have custom roms, not just yours. Sad but true.

Awww maaan... Thanks to the silly phone model search here I never arrived to the L7 II section, I was always looking at L7, thinking its meant for all L7 versions, and as you can see here http://xdaforums.com/optimus-l3-l5-l7/development theres roms flying all over the place. xD

Dammit, and to think its been so long since the phone was out, and I remember being happy how ill have Cyanogenmod rom on this phone and itll be so awesome. xD

Do you know why do the L7's have roms but L7 II's dont? is it that big of a difference?

Last edited:

Digdis

Feb 6, 2014
Tel Aviv
Awww maaan... Thanks to the silly phone model search here I never arrived to the L7 II section, I was always looking at L7, and as you can see here http://xdaforums.com/optimus-l3-l5-l7/development theres roms flying all over the place. xD

Dammit, and to think its been so long since the phone was out, and I remember being happy how ill have Cyanogenmod rom on this phone and itll be so awesome. xD

Do you know why do the L7's have roms but L7 II's dont? is it that big of a difference?

It's quite a difference: The L7 II are dual core, while the L7 are single core. Another reason is that the L7 II bootloader has been locked for a long time (until the CWM got out), so the development of custom roms started pretty late. We're all waiting for the custom roms, believe me.

ChrisBunny

Dec 15, 2012
It's quite a difference: The L7 II are dual core, while the L7 are single core. Another reason is that the L7 II bootloader has been locked for a long time (until the CWM got out), so the development of custom roms started pretty late. We're all waiting for the custom roms, believe me.

Ah good to hear its being worked on, and not forgotten. I'm perfectly happy with this phone, I just need a better rom that uses less RAM memory. Right now its really horrible compared to my old ZTE Blade,even tho it had less memory, but everything else is awesome. xD