P765 flashed with JB P760 ROM and ICS p765 V10G BASEBAND [UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER+ROOT+CW

Search This thread

cmahendra

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
Really, I dont have patience! Finally Jelly Bean for L9 was released for P760 and I simply flashed Europe Open KDZ on my P765 without even thinking a second that device could Brick. lolz :D Used my usual offline fix flash method.

About JB? Only one word! AWESOME!!!

I know its made for P760 but may be I am First here (or in world) to flash it on P765. I was on Rooted P765V10G India before flash.

In simple words, it is safe to flash P760 Open Europe (even) on Rooted P765. :D:cowboy:

SOME FEATURES I QUICKLY REVIEWED

1. MultiTasking: Now some apps can be moved on screen like we do in Windows. Minimize and Maximize icon. Project Butter is working better. :D
  2. FEEL: Its Smoother, Faster, Snappier, feels like butter
  3. Superb TouchScreen experience, in totality, its FIRST CLASS.:good:
  4. DATA: ALL PERSONAL DATA, APPS, SETTINGS, WIFI PASSWORDS, ETC, REMAINED AS IT IS. NOTHING WAS MISSING, EXCEPT ROOT :p
  5. LOOK: Looks so cool with BIGGER BOLD Fonts and vivid Clean and bright COLORS.
  6. Qslide: IN NOTIFICATION BAR for quick utility and assistant programs.
  7. Transparent Windows: Some apps can be set to any level of transparency with slide bar setting.
  8. CALCULATER with Qslide and Transparency Features. LOVE THAT FLOATING CALCULATOR.
  9. LOCKSCREEN: with new Screen Effects like Ripples, Dewdrop, Spreading Ink. Wow! you will love first two.
  10. GOOGLE NOW: For next generation level of Searching.
  11. Many Bloatwares, some useful some useless.
  12. PowerOff Animation with closing circle looks nice.
  13. 2G/3G Voice Network Perfect.
  14. 2G/3G Data Flawless and fast.
  15. BlueTooth works fine
  16. Camera Working fine. Video Recording and Photo Tested ok.
  17. Music VOLUME is same or even louder.
  18. MX Movie Player flies like rocket.
CONS

1. Scanning of Media Files is too slow on my only 8GB card. Works faster once done!
ROOT ATTEMPTS:

• QuickMemo photos will be found in /Pictures/Screenshots

[*]SRS ROOT : FAILED, ONECLICK ROOT : FAILED, Trying other methods
    [*]Binary v18/v21 Root and Zanakorus Batch Edit Root: BOTH FAILED, :( Trying other methods
    [*]Lelus Root (Checked all 13 BIN files for script but did not find string): FAILED, :( Trying other methods.

UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER :highfive:

• With the help of instructions from Aremcee (RC) himself, at his google+ post I got Unlocked Bootloader.

CWM WORKING
! :highfive:

• After few hours of head-bang, I could not install Root but with Aremcee's instructions I could install CWM and its working fine, thanks to AREMCEE. At least I can now flash rom directly from here. Hey!!:highfive: No need to downgrade, someone was insisting to downgrade to V10G :D . POST
ROOT WORKING ON JB :highfive:

ORIGINAL ICS INDIAN BASEBAND WORKING ON EUROPE'S JB
:highfive:

• Checkout how did I got Indian Baseband made for ICS working perfect on European JELLYBEAN (More here in this post)

More screens and information to come....

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

Carter07

Nov 10, 2012
Thanks a lot, you are the best! I like how complete and accurate are your posts.

Does the recovery works?

ramrod

Apr 22, 2008
Thüringen
AW: JELLYBEAN P760 V20B Europe FLASHED ON P765 [SCREENSHOTS]

Can you share a link.
I want to try it on my p760

Thanks.

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
Looks fantastic so far. Keep us posted!

Yes, its Beautiful. ROM is buttery smooth due to PROJECT BUTTER. :D

Thanks a lot, you are the best! I like how complete and accurate are your posts.
Does the recovery works?

Thanks :) No!!! Root and Recovery yet to be discovered. I am trying hard with all known methods. Still experimenting...

Can you share a link.
Thanks.

Check this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2107971

Virusbetax

Jan 18, 2011
Warwick
First of all we need to know if the updates unlock the boot loader. Forget about everything else. Remember they promised it would be unlocked.

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

I thought LG was promising opened bootloader... So Im still disappointed there isnt USB mass storage :(

What does USB mass storage have to do with bootloader ?

martan777

Mar 13, 2013
Adamov
First of all we need to know if the updates unlock the boot loader. Forget about everything else. Remember they promised it would be unlocked.

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

What does USB mass storage have to do with bootloader ?

I think if we will have unlocked bootloader, someone can fix it.

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
SOME FEATURES QUICKLY REVIEWED

1. FEEL: Its Smoother, Faster, Snappier, Superb TouchScreen experience, in totality, its FIRST CLASS.:good:
  2. DATA: ALL PERSONAL DATA, APPS, SETTINGS, WIFI PASSWORDS, ETC, REMAINED AS IT IS. NOTHING WAS MISSING, EXCEPT ROOT :p
  3. LOOK: Looks so cool with BIGGER BOLD Fonts and vivid Clean and bright COLORS.
  4. Qslide: IN NOTIFICATION BAR for quick utility and assistant programs.
  5. MultiTasking: Now some apps can be moved on screen like we do in Windows. Minimize and Maximize icon.
  6. Transparent Windows: Some apps can be set to any level of transparency with slide bar setting.
  7. CALCULATER with Qslide and Transparency Features. LOVE THAT FLOATING CALCULATOR.
  8. LOCKSCREEN: with new Screen Effects like Ripples, Dewdrop, Spreading Ink. Wow! you will love first two.
  9. GOOGLE NOW: For next generation level of Searching.
  10. Many Bloatwares, some useful some useless.
  11. PowerOff Animation with closing circle looks nice.
More to come....

Will try and update later. Thanks
EDIT: FAILED :(

Last edited:
Reactions: denzel09 and ramrod

luq529

May 12, 2012
Świętochłowice
They promised but seems they forgot to keep it. All rooting methods are failing. I am still trying some more. :mad:

I run a test mode when I was holding volume down buton and power. Binary method runs well etc. but still no root. Maybe u can try with this test mode method make root.

If I checked service menu I found line called "Bootloader check" and when I clicked it I got message that my phone is still locked. :silly:

We are able to move now apps to sd card but only apps. External data of this apps are still storage in internal memory of the phone.:silly:

There are many new features like: rotating launcher, qslide, brightness on notification bar, wi-fi direct with nfc(paring phone), many new wallpapers and animations, more responsive touch. It's hard to describe all the features :D

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
I run a test mode when I was holding volume down buton and power. Binary method runs well etc. but still no root. Maybe u can try with this test mode method make root.

If I checked service menu I found line called "Bootloader check" and when I clicked it I got message that my phone is still locked. :silly:

We are able to move now apps to sd card but only apps. External data of this apps are still storage in internal memory of the phone.:silly:

There are many new features like: rotating launcher, qslide, brightness on notification bar, wi-fi direct with nfc(paring phone), many new wallpapers and animations, more responsive touch. It's hard to describe all the features :D

Binary Root have flaw in Batch File, though Root is not successful it shows Root Done message. You need to read all lines carefully, if you see carefully you will see a line saying....

"Permission Denied (Are you Root?)"

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2180688
This will work now on jb? is the O4X root method on jb without downgrading

This does not have any logic. It just sideloads superuser.zip and no root commands. Please understand first what you are suggesting others.

Please try yourself, than just searching and pasting links here. In my opinion, you need to have some logic before trying any root method. We cant just try any rooting method without thinking of possible issues.

i didn't find These, the other things i agree too 100%.
it is so smooth :D:thumbup:

Corrected. That was typo and repeat.

Last edited:

Virusbetax

Jan 18, 2011
Warwick
Binary Root have flaw in Batch File, though Root is not successful it shows Root Done message. You need to read all lines carefully, if you see carefully you will see a line saying....

"Permission Denied (Are you Root?)"

Is there a way you can compile a kdz that has root with in it and flash that? I know previous devices I had such lgp509 was able to do this not sure now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Really, I dont have patience! Finally Jelly Bean for L9 was released for P760 and I simply flashed Europe Open KDZ on my P765 without even thinking a second that device could Brick. lolz :D Used my usual offline fix flash method.

About JB? Only one word! AWESOME!!!

I know its made for P760 but may be I am First here (or in world) to flash it on P765. I was on Rooted P765V10G India before flash.

In simple words, it is safe to flash P760 Open Europe (even) on Rooted P765. :D:cowboy:

SOME FEATURES I QUICKLY REVIEWED

1. MultiTasking: Now some apps can be moved on screen like we do in Windows. Minimize and Maximize icon. Project Butter is working better. :D
    2. FEEL: Its Smoother, Faster, Snappier, feels like butter
    3. Superb TouchScreen experience, in totality, its FIRST CLASS.:good:
    4. DATA: ALL PERSONAL DATA, APPS, SETTINGS, WIFI PASSWORDS, ETC, REMAINED AS IT IS. NOTHING WAS MISSING, EXCEPT ROOT :p
    5. LOOK: Looks so cool with BIGGER BOLD Fonts and vivid Clean and bright COLORS.
    6. Qslide: IN NOTIFICATION BAR for quick utility and assistant programs.
    7. Transparent Windows: Some apps can be set to any level of transparency with slide bar setting.
    8. CALCULATER with Qslide and Transparency Features. LOVE THAT FLOATING CALCULATOR.
    9. LOCKSCREEN: with new Screen Effects like Ripples, Dewdrop, Spreading Ink. Wow! you will love first two.
    10. GOOGLE NOW: For next generation level of Searching.
    11. Many Bloatwares, some useful some useless.
    12. PowerOff Animation with closing circle looks nice.
    13. 2G/3G Voice Network Perfect.
    14. 2G/3G Data Flawless and fast.
    15. BlueTooth works fine
    16. Camera Working fine. Video Recording and Photo Tested ok.
    17. Music VOLUME is same or even louder.
    18. MX Movie Player flies like rocket.
    CONS

1. Scanning of Media Files is too slow on my only 8GB card. Works faster once done!
    ROOT ATTEMPTS:

• QuickMemo photos will be found in /Pictures/Screenshots

[*]SRS ROOT : FAILED, ONECLICK ROOT : FAILED, Trying other methods
      [*]Binary v18/v21 Root and Zanakorus Batch Edit Root: BOTH FAILED, :( Trying other methods
      [*]Lelus Root (Checked all 13 BIN files for script but did not find string): FAILED, :( Trying other methods.

UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER :highfive:

• With the help of instructions from Aremcee (RC) himself, at his google+ post I got Unlocked Bootloader.

CWM WORKING
    ! :highfive:

• After few hours of head-bang, I could not install Root but with Aremcee's instructions I could install CWM and its working fine, thanks to AREMCEE. At least I can now flash rom directly from here. Hey!!:highfive: No need to downgrade, someone was insisting to downgrade to V10G :D . POST
    ROOT WORKING ON JB :highfive:

ORIGINAL ICS INDIAN BASEBAND WORKING ON EUROPE'S JB
    :highfive:

• Checkout how did I got Indian Baseband made for ICS working perfect on European JELLYBEAN (More here in this post)

More screens and information to come....

picture.php
    picture.php

picture.php
    picture.php

picture.php
    picture.php

picture.php
    picture.php

picture.php
    picture.php

Looks fantastic so far. Keep us posted!

Yes, its Beautiful. ROM is buttery smooth due to PROJECT BUTTER. :D

Does the recovery works?

Thanks :) No!!! Root and Recovery yet to be discovered. I am trying hard with all known methods. Still experimenting...

Can you share a link.
    Thanks.

Check this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2107971
    SOME FEATURES QUICKLY REVIEWED

1. FEEL: Its Smoother, Faster, Snappier, Superb TouchScreen experience, in totality, its FIRST CLASS.:good:
    2. DATA: ALL PERSONAL DATA, APPS, SETTINGS, WIFI PASSWORDS, ETC, REMAINED AS IT IS. NOTHING WAS MISSING, EXCEPT ROOT :p
    3. LOOK: Looks so cool with BIGGER BOLD Fonts and vivid Clean and bright COLORS.
    4. Qslide: IN NOTIFICATION BAR for quick utility and assistant programs.
    5. MultiTasking: Now some apps can be moved on screen like we do in Windows. Minimize and Maximize icon.
    6. Transparent Windows: Some apps can be set to any level of transparency with slide bar setting.
    7. CALCULATER with Qslide and Transparency Features. LOVE THAT FLOATING CALCULATOR.
    8. LOCKSCREEN: with new Screen Effects like Ripples, Dewdrop, Spreading Ink. Wow! you will love first two.
    9. GOOGLE NOW: For next generation level of Searching.
    10. Many Bloatwares, some useful some useless.
    11. PowerOff Animation with closing circle looks nice.
    More to come....

Will try and update later. Thanks
    EDIT: FAILED :(
    @cmahendra which weather widget are using in the jelly bean screen shots ??? looks cool

Its so small and simple and consumes less space on homescreen

Its Transparent clock & weather. :D

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...eather&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd
    I don t understand, why wait 30 minutes?

For network to register device capable for unlock.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Markolino631 says that he flashed recovery through fast boot and it did not show security error or black screen only boot loop on the phone.