[Q] CWM - Restoring to stock rom - boot loop

Search This thread

Kam12

Mar 21, 2009
Hi,
searched for a while but couldnt find the answer. So Ive flashed new recovery to S5830 - CWM 5.0.2.6 . I did backup of current rom (it was stock i guess). Then i flashed custom CM10.2 rom: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2435716. And everything worked fine. But now Ive changed my operator and Ive found that my pin doesnt work (im sure pin is ok). Phone was branded so i guess thats simlock :). I read some threads and i got code from bml5.img file but I also read that it doesnt work with custom rom so i tried to restore to my stock rom. Restoring works (no errors) but it stops at Samsung logo. I did wipe data/factory reset but still its not working. Ofc I can go back to my current rom by restoreing it but that still doesnt fix my pin problems. Any suggestions what should I do with boot loop ? Or any other way of fixing pin problem ?
Thanks for help.
p.s. Sry for my english, tried to do my best ;o

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5617821

Hi,
searched for a while but couldnt find the answer. So Ive flashed new recovery to S5830 - CWM 5.0.2.6 . I did backup of current rom (it was stock i guess). Then i flashed custom CM10.2 rom: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2435716. And everything worked fine. But now Ive changed my operator and Ive found that my pin doesnt work (im sure pin is ok). Phone was branded so i guess thats simlock :). I read some threads and i got code from bml5.img file but I also read that it doesnt work with custom rom so i tried to restore to my stock rom. Restoring works (no errors) but it stops at Samsung logo. I did wipe data/factory reset but still its not working. Ofc I can go back to my current rom by restoreing it but that still doesnt fix my pin problems. Any suggestions what should I do with boot loop ? Or any other way of fixing pin problem ?
Thanks for help.

Can you try flashing your stock rom again using odin? That should solve it. Do post the result. Hope I Helped :)

Reactions: Kam12

Kam12

Mar 21, 2009
Oh god I'm gonna shot myself. Well flashing by odin worked (I downloaded rom and .ops from sammobile becouse CWM backup (nandroid backup) is not supported by odin). It didnt work at beginning but i've wipe data in recovery and it worked fine... BUT then i read on other sites that this whole "pin" that phone asked me about on CM 10.2 was just unlock code i've get from bml5 file... so whole flashing was just unnessesary.. I feel so stupid lol. Posted this if someone would get similar problem.

D

Deleted member 5617821

Oh god I'm gonna shot myself. Well flashing by odin worked (I downloaded rom and .ops from sammobile becouse CWM backup (nandroid backup) is not supported by odin). It didnt work at beginning but i've wipe data in recovery and it worked fine... BUT then i read on other sites that this whole "pin" that phone asked me about on CM 10.2 was just unlock code i've get from bml5 file... so whole flashing was just unnessesary.. I feel so stupid lol. Posted this if someone would get similar problem.

You always learn something new everyday :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 5617821
    Hi,
    Thanks for help.

Can you try flashing your stock rom again using odin? That should solve it. Do post the result. Hope I Helped :)