Help! When is 4.4.2 recovery for Odin coming?

Search This thread

Aharmlesspear

Jul 11, 2013
I updated to 4.4.2 via OTA today and I wanted to go back to 4.3. I used Odin to try and recover to 4.3 but it failed multiple times. Now I am screwed because the 4.4.2 recovery for Odin isn't out so my phone is a paperweight until it does. Any idea when it will be out? Thanks

I've tried many different ways of trying to fix it but have yet to prevail.

- phone-less Stephen

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
I updated to 4.4.2 via OTA today and I wanted to go back to 4.3. I used Odin to try and recover to 4.3 but it failed multiple times. Now I am screwed because the 4.4.2 recovery for Odin isn't out so my phone is a paperweight until it does. Any idea when it will be out? Thanks

I've tried many different ways of trying to fix it but have yet to prevail.

- phone-less Stephen

generally speaking, once you have taken an OTA firmware update you can't go back.....thats why we have warned those you wish to keep root not to take the OTA until a method (if possible) is found to root stock 4.4 kitkat

Aharmlesspear

Jul 11, 2013
generally speaking, once you have taken an OTA firmware update you can't go back.....thats why we have warned those you wish to keep root not to take the OTA until a method (if possible) is found to root stock 4.4 kitkat

Yes I understand that now. It is just so unfortunate that of all times I try to update it literally just comes out and no possible way to flash stock version of it.

I've unbricked my phone before with 4.3 I just hope a 4.4.2 version will come out to use with Odin...

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
Yes I understand that now. It is just so unfortunate that of all times I try to update it literally just comes out and no possible way to flash stock version of it.

I've unbricked my phone before with 4.3 I just hope a 4.4.2 version will come out to use with Odin...

I would hope so.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

hazmatkid

Jul 1, 2012
bradenton
I did thesame thing you have to odin to nc2 to get your phone to work 4.3 is out of the question once you go up it took me 4 hrs to get it to work finally with nc2 till an nc5 tar is realesed

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium HD app