VZW 4.0.4 update

Search This thread

dadsterflip

Aug 31, 2010
Sooner or later will be able to nab the new radios.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

iGoogleNexus

Nov 18, 2011
Miami
Not that I have the Verizon Nexus .. but yeah its coming out... it was updated and it seems another user got the update as well. =]

- Galaxy Nexus

patt2k

Mar 22, 2009
I hope someone can post the radios as flashable zip. Gotta be patient hehe

iGoogleNexus

Nov 18, 2011
Miami
I guess if u clear the Google services framework within app and press check for update... perhaps it'll work =]… if it doesn't the first time.. try 10 more times. It will say last checked on 1969 ... disregard that :D

- Galaxy Nexus

efrant

Retired Senior Moderator & Developers Relations
Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
Looks like it is rolling out (or at least starting to).

For anyone who has received it, would you mind looking in the log files in /cache/recovery and try and find the name of the update file (ending in .zip) please and post it in this thread. Thanks.

Reactions: axne1 and dmmarck

dmmarck

Apr 11, 2011
Just reading through the comments on the article, seems a couple people are getting (Much) better signal strength. Whatever they did it seems to have worked! (Maybe they just poured butter all over the radio code?)

Potentially! Are they comparing them to the leaked 4.0.4 radios? Doubtful since they upgraded and were presumably on 4.0.2 lol.

Either way, someone needs to find the images and make a flashable zip. I need something to do at work, nah mean?

Reactions: phaze one

KnappyRoot

Feb 18, 2012
So if I am running Liquid (4.04) will all I have to do is flash the new radios once they are available?

Sorry for the noob question. Just got my nexus last week and new to the flashing scene.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

dmmarck

Apr 11, 2011
So if I am running Liquid (4.04) will all I have to do is flash the new radios once they are available?

Sorry for the noob question. Just got my nexus last week and new to the flashing scene.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Yes. Radios are compatible with pretty much anything. They are separate from the rom, and do not even "stick" with a nandroid.

Reactions: KnappyRoot

patalo

Jul 16, 2010
lebanon
OK I'm running the leaked 4.0.4... I'll have to revert to 4.0.2 yo receive this correct? And I installed Franco's kernel last night. Anywhere I can pick up stock kernel?

dmmarck

Apr 11, 2011
OK I'm running the leaked 4.0.4... I'll have to revert to 4.0.2 yo receive this correct? And I installed Franco's kernel last night. Anywhere I can pick up stock kernel?

Just use a tool like Wugs or the GNEX toolkit to relock and unroot.

adrynalyne

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2008
Looks like it is rolling out (or at least starting to).

For anyone who has received it, would you mind looking in the log files in /cache/recovery and try and find the name of the update file (ending in .zip) please and post it in this thread. Thanks.

I am biting the bullet and flashing back to stock to try and capture it.

Don't hold your breath of course. The only reason I put any merit in this is one of the radio versions is listed in AOSP.

eyekyu

Nov 23, 2010
Sin City
i actually love my rooted 4.0.4 and my hybrid radio... like others id be more interested in the actual OFFICAL radio...

:::waits:::

dmmarck

Apr 11, 2011
I am biting the bullet and flashing back to stock to try and capture it.

Don't hold your breath of course. The only reason I put any merit in this is one of the radio versions is listed in AOSP.

I (and I'm sure all of us) appreciate it. I wish there was a way to force the update, other than sacrificing chickens and whatnot.

Top Liked Posts