[REVIEW] COD iONIC Screen Protector - Anti-Glare vs Ultra Crystal

Search This thread

Mr_Armageddon

Oct 31, 2007
Denver
Hey Guys. Went ahead and purchased both the Anti-Glare and the Ultra Clear version of the COD iONIC screen protector for our Note 10.1 (2014 ed). Following prices are on Amazon as of Nov 1, 2013:

COD Screen Protector Film Matte (Anti-Glare) for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Tablet (3-pack) - $4.85 (+$3.85 shipping)
COD Screen Protector Film Clear (Invisible) for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Tablet (3-pack) - $9.85 (free shipping with Prime)

I took a few up close pics with my DSLR to compare text clarity, and also have a video review to compare in addition to clarity, light diffusion, and how they work with the S Pen. Also did a video to better compare not only text clarity, but also light diffusion, and to show how well the S Pen works with each.

After using both of these protectors you really can't go wrong with either one. But if you plan on using the S Pen a lot, go with Ultra Crystal and you will be happy. If you want to see these pictures in higher resolution, checkout the source images on my Project Log.
Mr. Armageddon's Project Log

I'm going to keep both of these protectors on for the next few days, so if you guys have any questions, let me know. :good:

EDIT: One thing I forgot to note, the Anti-glare also does a good job hiding finger prints, whereas the Ultra Clear is a finger print magnet.

Attachments

• DSC_7142s.jpg
    DSC_7142s.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 548
  • DSC_7145s.jpg
    DSC_7145s.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 486
  • DSC_7148s.jpg
    DSC_7148s.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 461
Last edited:

uiterlix

Sep 27, 2007
Nice Review!

I also installed a matte anti glare screen protector. The brand is kwmobile but the cutouts look awfully similar to the ones on the video.
Regarding the s-pen. I replaced the rubbery tip with the plastic one (those were provided with the tabled). This actually gives great pencil and paper feel and does not feel tacky at all.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4

Mr_Armageddon

Oct 31, 2007
Denver
Nice Review!

I also installed a matte anti glare screen protector. The brand is kwmobile but the cutouts look awfully similar to the ones on the video.
Regarding the s-pen. I replaced the rubbery tip with the plastic one (those were provided with the tabled). This actually gives great pencil and paper feel and does not feel tacky at all.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4

Totally forgot about those other tips. The larger S Pen I have also came with those. I will swap them out and see how it compares. Thanks!

Frazior

Apr 11, 2011
Rowlett, TX
Hey Guys. Went ahead and purchased both the Anti-Glare and the Ultra Clear version of the COD iONIC screen protector for our Note 10.1 (2014 ed). Following prices are on Amazon as of Nov 1, 2013:

COD Screen Protector Film Matte (Anti-Glare) for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Tablet (3-pack) - $4.85 (+$3.85 shipping)
COD Screen Protector Film Clear (Invisible) for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Tablet (3-pack) - $9.85 (free shipping with Prime)

I took a few up close pics with my DSLR to compare text clarity, and also have a video review to compare in addition to clarity, light diffusion, and how they work with the S Pen. Also did a video to better compare not only text clarity, but also light diffusion, and to show how well the S Pen works with each.

After using both of these protectors you really can't go wrong with either one. But if you plan on using the S Pen a lot, go with Ultra Crystal and you will be happy. If you want to see these pictures in higher resolution, checkout the source images on my Project Log.

I'm going to keep both of these protectors on for the next few days, so if you guys have any questions, let me know. :good:

EDIT: One thing I forgot to note, the Anti-glare also does a good job hiding finger prints, whereas the Ultra Clear is a finger print magnet.

Thanks, I just ordered both of these last week to see which one I would like better. After listening to your review, I will probably go with the anti glare.

john10101

Sep 3, 2010
I ordered the invisible one on amazon last week, but when i got it i think its an anti-glare. i dont have the package with me today but im pretty sure it said "anti" on it. ill look tonight.

swamks

Aug 29, 2013
what's the difference between these two?!
also it might sound I'm stupid, I have an anti-glare pair of glasses which I bought to prevent eye strain...does the anti-glare screen protector is to prevent eye strain?! or I will still need to use the glasses for reading while using the tablet?

john10101

Sep 3, 2010
I ordered the invisible one on amazon last week, but when i got it i think its an anti-glare. i dont have the package with me today but im pretty sure it said "anti" on it. ill look tonight.

so it says ultra clear on the front, but attached is what it says on the back. when applying it it looked like it had a little coating on it (gave it a rainbow effect) but now that its on i cant really see it, looks clear to me.

Attachments

• 20131105_083258.jpg
    20131105_083258.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 155

Mr_Armageddon

Oct 31, 2007
Denver
also it might sound I'm stupid, I have an anti-glare pair of glasses which I bought to prevent eye strain...does the anti-glare screen protector is to prevent eye strain?! or I will still need to use the glasses for reading while using the tablet?

The Anti-glare cuts down on light reflection and diffuses overhead lights a bit. As to whether or not you will need to use your glasses, totally up to you.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) with Tapatalk HD

Reactions: swamks

dildano

Nov 10, 2008
Very nice review. I installed the matte screen protector yesterday, and I like it. But you definitely need to switch to one of the hard nibs for the s-pen. Otherwise, it "sticks" to the screen. Out of the five spare nibs that came with my tablet, two of them are the hard ones.

gina$zanboti

Sep 29, 2013
Very nice review. I installed the matte screen protector yesterday, and I like it. But you definitely need to switch to one of the hard nibs for the s-pen. Otherwise, it "sticks" to the screen. Out of the five spare nibs that came with my tablet, two of them are the hard ones.

This should get better with time. I noticed that when I first applied the screen protector the stylus stuck, but over time this went way.

Geordie Affy

Oct 21, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I bought a pack of anti - glare screen protectors from ebay and they are horrible, unbelievably grainy, render the beautiful screen useless lol...I do love the fact its anti-glare but whats the point when it makes the screen look terrible.

But I can't find COD screen protectors in the UK at the minute :(, Anyone using a good anti - glare screen protector in the UK...I want it to be like zero grainy as otherwise I'd just stick with a clear screen protector.

C2Q

Dec 10, 2011
Sigh, I fail at applying these properly. I've already burned through my second and it still looks god awful. Hopefully my third and final attempt will be better because I keep misaligning the damn thing.

Edit: Okay so i managed to get the last one on perfectly..what I don't understand is WHY is there some random streaks of residue under the screen...?
Really unsatisfied here, I might just take this screen protector off when my case gets here. These streaks look really bad. Not even sure what its from. Also a little annoyed that the package showed up bent. After flexing the screen protectors a bit, there was still a slight bend, but they stuck on just fine. It's just the leftover residue that bothers me.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The Anti-glare cuts down on light reflection and diffuses overhead lights a bit. As to whether or not you will need to use your glasses, totally up to you.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) with Tapatalk HD