[Q] wrong region !!!

Search This thread

persiansoftware

Jan 17, 2009
Hi

I install ML2 4.3 (XSP) singapore official on my n9005 , 2 weeks ago ....

but now , when i connect my phone to kies ... kies show me : your firmware cannot update via kies!!! and show me in Parenthesis XTC , but i flash XSP on my phone :( why???

it means that i can not update OTA ?? or i can just update with WiFi???

many thanks ...

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Hi

but now , when i connect my phone to kies ... kies show me : your firmware cannot update via kies!!! and show me in Parenthesis XTC , but i flash XSP on my phone :( why???

many thanks ...

What region are you in? -- if you flashed a region you are not in, of course KIES won't work as it's not for your country.

Reactions: persiansoftware

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
AP: N9005XXUDML2

CP: N9005XXUDMJ7

CSC: N9005OLBDMK2

many thanks

XTC shown in your KIES should be your version (So I believe) You have flashed a different region, so KIES and OTA won't work for your region at least, the OTA update will come from the region you flashed (in your case Singapore) However if you're rooted etc, you won't be able to receive the OTA update and you'll have to manually download it. I wouldn't worry right now, wait for KK to roll out properly then switch.

persiansoftware

Jan 17, 2009
XTC shown in your KIES should be your version (So I believe) You have flashed a different region, so KIES and OTA won't work for your region at least, the OTA update will come from the region you flashed (in your case Singapore) However if you're rooted etc, you won't be able to receive the OTA update and you'll have to manually download it. I wouldn't worry right now, wait for KK to roll out properly then switch.

Thanks... but im not rooted... now can i receive OTA update??

I attach my kies snapshot ....

please tell me about , can i receive OTA updates? or not?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

many thanks ...

What region are you in? -- if you flashed a region you are not in, of course KIES won't work as it's not for your country.