restore... unroot questions

Search This thread

OJsakila

Mar 14, 2009
What would happen if I allowed the at&t update to happen? I am rooted with towel root and added titanium and safestrap. that's it. Can I restore to the original AT&T rom? I am obviously on AT&T and rolling with the s5 Active.

not really impressed with the root on this particular device...Samsung will allow a ton of custom setups and I can deal with the bloatware compared to the instability of just being rooted...Ive had more call drops and stutters and blackscreens since rooting... no biggie

Just want to know if I can just apply the update or do I need to jump through hoops?

Please understand that I'm "slow" and rode the short bus to school...Please refrain from treating me that way. im not all there.. just help :) Thanks.

Last edited:

polish_pat

Nov 30, 2011
Montreal
What would happen if I allowed the at&t update to happen? I am rooted with towel root and added titanium and safestrap. that's it. Can I restore to the original AT&T rom? I am obviously on AT&T and rolling with the s5 Active.

not really impressed with the root on this particular device...Samsung will allow a ton of custom setups and I can deal with the bloatware compared to the instability of just being rooted...Ive had more call drops and stutters and blackscreens since rooting... no biggie

Just want to know if I can just apply the update or do I need to jump through hoops?

Please understand that I'm "slow" and rode the short bus to school...Please refrain from treating me that way. im not all there.. just help :) Thanks.

you'll be unrooted if you update. thats it, back to full stock

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen

The update may comtain a patch for Towelroot so you might not be able to root after that, CF Auto Root will work but it will trip KNOX.

Last edited:
Reactions: OJsakila

OJsakila

Mar 14, 2009
I suggest you learn more about rooting. It's awesome once you know how and what you can benefit from it. Worth the Knox 0x1 at some point.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If you notice... Ive been a member of this forum for 5+ years... Post count means nothing...while others are posting, I'm "learning more about rooting." Plus, I'm highly gun shy about posting idiotic and useless comments around here. There is no tolerance for such sensationalism..

So, thanks for the suggestion but I'm as well read about rooting as you are. Yes, its awesome...I know. Thanks, though... but The Problem seems to be that (with AT&T) stability is compromised. Worth the ability for me to lose bloatware? ...especially with a highly customizable Samsung?? Questionable right now...
Still "learning."
Just wonderin' about restoring...

Last edited:

Simone

Jan 7, 2012
If you notice... Ive been a member of this forum for 5+ years... Post count means nothing...while others are posting, I'm "learning more about rooting." Plus, I'm highly gun shy about posting idiotic and useless comments around here. There is no tolerance for such sensationalism..

So, thanks for the suggestion but I'm as well read about rooting as you are. Yes, its awesome...I know. Thanks, though... but The Problem seems to be that (with AT&T) stability is compromised. Worth the ability for me to lose bloatware? ...especially with a highly customizable Samsung?? Questionable right now...
Still "learning."
Just wonderin' about restoring...

Oh, sorry. LOL! I was using Tapatalk so I did not see all your details :laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The update may comtain a patch for Towelroot so you might not be able to root after that, CF Auto Root will work but it will trip KNOX.
    If You want To return To stock unroot i think You Can simply reinstall stock rom with Odin