[APP] WidgetLocker Lockscreen replacement

Search This thread

kevin@TeslaCoil

May 19, 2010
Chicago
teslacoilsw.com
WidgetLocker is a paid app, this thread is to be used for support. Also feel free to email me.

I'm the developer of WidgetLocker, which is a lockscreen replacement with emphasis on customization. Primarily by allowing you to place standard Android widgets (or shortcuts) on the lockscreen. It allows you to drag-and-drop similar to how the home screen works. It also includes Custom Sliders, which allow you to add extra sliders to the lockscreen for whatever you want. There's built in actions for things like silence/vibrate, brightness, quick camera mode, dialer. But you can also use any shortcut, such as direct dial or any application on your phone.

WidgetLocker_grass.png

Frequently Asked Questions
Additional FAQs:
When will the next update be released?
Sorry, I cannot give ETAs. Updates take a lot of time and I try to squeeze a lot into an update. Please be patient.
I'm having a really weird problem?
Can you send a bug report via Settings > Report Bug so I have some more information? (And please briefly restate the problem to remind me what the report is in regard to).

Last edited:

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
Yep, WidgetLocker rules, FlyScreen drools. It works really great, and it's fast and always there. No more built-in lock before the lock screen, no more home/back/notification goes past it, etc.. :)

Did a good job on this one, look forward to what's coming.

flynny

May 20, 2010
Im interested in buying this for my Legend to solve a problem.

Basically I love spotify but its main shortcoming is it doesnt have lockscreen controls.

Ive looked all over for some kind of hold down volume +- to change current media track but no joy.

Would it be possible to have some kind of overall media controls to add as a widget? What I mean is if anything is using the media output (could be any program) then skipping forward and back would work on whatever it is thats playing but not in focus.

There must be a way to do this ;(

b33zy682

Feb 12, 2010
why cant i find this in the market. even with the barcode. i dont want an apk either i want to buy this

kevin@TeslaCoil

May 19, 2010
Chicago
teslacoilsw.com
why cant i find this in the market. even with the barcode. i dont want an apk either i want to buy this

I assume you are in a country that allows paid apps?
And are running Android 2.1 or 2.2?

If those are both true then what phone are you on? I can't think of any other reason WidgetLocker wouldn't be visible. It does not employe the "copy protection" that sometimes blocks market visibility.

iTouch24

Jun 30, 2008
NYC
i heard people on the 2.2 roms ... leaked and beta versions sometimes have issues seeing apps in the market

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky

kevin@TeslaCoil

May 19, 2010
Chicago
teslacoilsw.com
i heard people on the 2.2 roms ... leaked and beta versions sometimes have issues seeing apps in the market
I believe this is only when the app has the copy-protection option enabled on the market. I don't have that enabled for WidgetLocker (mainly because I want it visible to people on leaked roms)

Using ADW here, and the ONLY time I see lag is when ADW has clearly gotten killed for whatever reason. Otherwise it comes up immediately.
iTouch24 and I identified the LauncherPro problem as an animation being run by LauncherPro whenever it is activated (and the animation is still run even if it's suppossed to be disabled. It just runs much faster.). I'm going to talk to Fredrico about seeing if WidgetLocker can bypass this animation and also suggest he add options to disable them in general as not all users want them. Also note that this LauncherPro delay is very minor (the length of a quick animation), not a serious lag issue.

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
iTouch24 and I identified the LauncherPro problem as an animation being run by LauncherPro whenever it is activated (and the animation is still run even if it's suppossed to be disabled. It just runs much faster.). I'm going to talk to Fredrico about seeing if WidgetLocker can bypass this animation and also suggest he add options to disable them in general as not all users want them. Also note that this LauncherPro delay is very minor (the length of a quick animation), not a serious lag issue.

Aha, 'splains that then. I haven't really used LauncherPro since trying ADW :)

bojangalz

Dec 22, 2008
I just found this app today after hearing about it on the last Android Atlas podcast. I love it as is but what I'm truly looking for is a pattern-based lock screen where the pattern points are invisible.

I love being able to customize my lock screen with all of the options that you have included with this app. But nothing would please me more than being able to to away with the slider all together in lieu a pattern lock where the points of contact are not seen.

I would love the added security while maintaining the aesthetics of the unlock screen options that you have included. Perhaps something to consider in any potential updates. Either way your app is quite nice. :)

ogrenator

Jun 20, 2008
Westerville, OH
yeah i know about that widget but its not really the right thing at all i just want a simple widget that is like a phone icon or something with the # of missed calls attached to it...kinda like when you have mail...its an envelope with a # by it...thx tho man

sinjiyo

Feb 10, 2010
hi kevin@.
Thank you very much for this amazing application.
I use launcherpro and the live wallpaper don't work really good with.
Can you add in alternative wallpaper, an option to choose live wallpaper???
It's will be great if we can used LW ownskined.

Attachments

• snap20100725_135226.jpg
    snap20100725_135226.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 5,280
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WidgetLocker is a paid app, this thread is to be used for support. Also feel free to email me.

I'm the developer of WidgetLocker, which is a lockscreen replacement with emphasis on customization. Primarily by allowing you to place standard Android widgets (or shortcuts) on the lockscreen. It allows you to drag-and-drop similar to how the home screen works. It also includes Custom Sliders, which allow you to add extra sliders to the lockscreen for whatever you want. There's built in actions for things like silence/vibrate, brightness, quick camera mode, dialer. But you can also use any shortcut, such as direct dial or any application on your phone.

WidgetLocker_grass.png

Frequently Asked Questions
    Additional FAQs:
    When will the next update be released?
    Sorry, I cannot give ETAs. Updates take a lot of time and I try to squeeze a lot into an update. Please be patient.
    I'm having a really weird problem?
    Can you send a bug report via Settings > Report Bug so I have some more information? (And please briefly restate the problem to remind me what the report is in regard to).
    2.4beta3 Feb 17, 2013
    • Public Beta
    • New in 2.4beta:
    • Bezel Swipe left for apps
    • Bezel Swipe right for camera
    • Jellybean clock font option
    • Redesigned settings page
    • Fixes for home button on some devices
    • Optimizations
    • No longer supports Android 2.1 and 2.2 (Android 2.3+ required)
    • New since 2.4beta2:
    • Root Settings to hide notification bar clock and navbar google now.
    • Fixes

Settings > Long-press volume down for Experimental or Labs > Beta Updates > Public, then Settings > check for updates
    I've released 2.4beta4 which includes fixes for the add bezel app FC and a handful of other minor FC fixes.

To enable beta access Settings > Long-press volume down for Experimental or Labs > Beta Access > Public

Then

Settings > Check for updates
    WidgetLocker 2.3.2beta1 Oct 3 2012
    Settings > Long-press volume down for Experimental > Beta Updates > Public, then Settings > Check for updates
    • Fix inconsistent haptic feedback on Jellybean slider
    • Fix "Always unlock to home" showing previous app on ICS/JB

Unfortunately the back button on Android is inconsistent. WidgetLocker cannot fix that and it would be well beyond the scope of WidgetLocker to try. If there was a setting (I'm not even sure what it'd be named or claim to do), things would likely be even less consistent and the areas that are already inconsistent would be emphasized even more.
    1) From launcher, open browser, lock screen, unlock to camera, back button. Does that go back to the browser or the home screen?
    2) From launcher, open gallery, lock screen, unlock to camera, open gallery from there, back button, back button. Gallery back to camera back to gallery again? Throw the launcher in there somewhere?
    3) Some app overrides the back button to always go to launcher, setting is unchecked. User feels it's a bug in WidgetLocker.
    4) Some app overrides the back button to not work at all. User feels it's a bug in WidgetLocker.
    5) Unlock to WidgetLocker settings, back button. Back to widgetlocker or launcher/previous app?
    6) Open notification to app and press back button. Same behavior as unlocking to an app or different?
    7) Notification to app or unlock to app actually opens a dialog box, WidgetLocker is still visible but in the background. Back button returns to WidgetLocker or launcher/previous app?

I'm not actually asking for answer to these, but pointing out that having WidgetLocker try to make the back button do something other than going back will make things even more inconsistent and isn't some easy no brain that I can include an option for and please everyone.
    Obviously I feel the current behavior is the correct behavior. There is a button to go back and there is a button to go home, throughout all apps in Android the home button goes home (unless locked) and the back button hopefully goes back but has some inconsistencies depending on the app you are currently using. WidgetLocker 2.4 will not include any changes to this behavior. I can't yet say if a future version would try to include an option or not.

Camera w/ security versus camera w/o security

Android 4.2's stock camera finally includes a special version that can be launched on top of the system security without entering a code. WidgetLocker will use this if you have security and have such a camera app (basically just Android 4.2 users, but potentially a third party app as well). Clearing the defaults (note: defaults not data) for the Camera and/or Gallery should reset Android's default for the secure camera intent.