Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device Driver

Search This thread

Anthony2oo5

Apr 9, 2007
Had a search and found 1 or 2 things but they never worked for me. Anyway I have complied this driver for Windows XP so all you need to do is add it to your Internal Storage, plug it in to your computer copy it to your PC, then set your phone to internet sharing. When it moans that it dosn't know where the driver is, point it to them and it should work.

I just tested it on an XP machine and it worked so hopefully it will work for you.

If there is already a solution for this please let em know.

Mirror:
http://rapidshare.com/files/163465025/Remote_NDIS_based_Internet_Sharing_Device.zip

Last edited:

surfereddie

Aug 30, 2009
4.2.6 USB tethering

I downloaded the drivers but don't know where to put them. I think I'm not doing something right.
1. Plug in phone via USB (dont' have "Wireless tether for root users running")
2. settings / wireless controls/ "click" internt tethering
3. go to PC and wireless network connections, select G1Tether and click connect. it will not connect

is this a driver problem? do i need "wireless tether for root users" running?

help

Cipherpunk

Aug 11, 2009
I cannot get these drivers to work. I'm using an xp machine and every time I turn on the usb tethering, it automatically installs drivers identified as "HTC remote ndis remote device" and it has a big yellow ! next to it. I tried pointing at your folder for the device wizard and it says it couldn't locate better drivers to install. What am I missing here?

blunden

Jun 11, 2009
I cannot get these drivers to work. I'm using an xp machine and every time I turn on the usb tethering, it automatically installs drivers identified as "HTC remote ndis remote device" and it has a big yellow ! next to it. I tried pointing at your folder for the device wizard and it says it couldn't locate better drivers to install. What am I missing here?
Try tell it that you will select the driver manually. Then click the "Have Disk" button and point to the inf of this driver. That should install it regardless of what Device Manager thinks is the best drriver.

bcos

Sep 3, 2009
Been having trouble getting wired tether to work also. In device manager I had a yellow "!" sign on USB composite device, installed the driver from this thread and the caution sign disappeared - still no tethering though :(

I suppose I'll just have to make do with wireless tether.

Anthony2oo5

Apr 9, 2007
Connect your phone, then when it says it has found new hardware but cant install it, go to the device manager, double click the and click reinstall driver.

Point the folder to where ever you saved the driver too and it should install.

Reactions: jezzaaaa

ghudgins

Apr 14, 2010
Works

Worked for my Nexus 1 Cyanogen 5.0.5

Thanks to you for posting this and to the user who posted the info about vista and 7 having the driver already. I was scratching my head as to why this worked on my home laptop (vista) and not my work laptop (xp).

24vggpd2

Oct 11, 2007
Thanks you! Something that finally works!

I have a question. My PC at work still has its normal LAN connection through a network card. Now I have this second connection through my G1. If I make a web request with Firefox, which connection will it use? Do I have to disable the LAN connection to guarantee that it uses the G1? Or is there someway to make Windows default to the G1 if it's attached, and use the LAN otherwise?

imit8

May 24, 2010
Works for USB tethering using Android 2.2 (Froyo) and Windows XP

Thanks for the driver. FYI I was able to use it with Android 2.2's built-in USB tethering and Windows XP SP3.

Unrooted Nexus One with stock Android 2.2 (Froyo)

OpenWave

Jan 18, 2008
45.5081° N, 73.5550° W
Had a search and found 1 or 2 things but they never worked for me. Anyway I have complied this driver for Windows XP so all you need to do is add it to your Internal Storage, plug it in to your computer copy it to your PC, then set your phone to internet sharing. When it moans that it dosn't know where the driver is, point it to them and it should work.

I just tested it on an XP machine and it worked so hopefully it will work for you.

Mirror:
http://rapidshare.com/files/163465025/Remote_NDIS_based_Internet_Sharing_Device.zip
"all you need to do is add it to your Internal Storage" The file you posted is to get the driver on your computer working, right? Am I copying ANY file at all to the phone or?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Mirror:
    Connect your phone, then when it says it has found new hardware but cant install it, go to the device manager, double click the and click reinstall driver.

Point the folder to where ever you saved the driver too and it should install.