Amazon Video APK

Search This thread

vansmack

Jul 16, 2009
San Francisco
The Amazon Instant Video APK has been pulled from the Kindle Fire and can be installed on the Galaxy Tab 10.1.

A couple of caveats:

(1) To use the Prime Instant video features, you must first purchase something to login. There is no separate login otherwise.

(2) It appears to only work over wifi

(3) If your device is rooted, it will not work.

Thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1347745

Direct DL:
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=784641&d=1321467251

Credit to sikejb and others in the Kindle Fire Forum

Last edited:

mbrucedogs

Aug 13, 2008
Google I/O 10.1 Galaxy Tab

It installed and works fine, however every time I click on a video free or paid, I get a FC.

Has anyone found a work around?

spyz88

Oct 28, 2008
Why post this? 99.99 % of us are rooted. Maybe we can fix it to work for rooted devices?
Also it doesn't work. FCS EVERYWHERE

Umm...for the simple fact that you can use Voodoo OTA temp unroot from the Market. Also the new version of this APK in todays 6.2 update doesnt work. It says this device is not suppose to be able to run Amazon Video Player.

I assume Amazon is cracking down...

Last edited:

atticusmas

Feb 26, 2011
Behind you
Umm...for the simple fact that you can use Voodoo OTA temp unroot from the Market. Also the new version of this APK in todays 6.2 update doesnt work. It says this device is not suppose to be able to run Amazon Video Player.

I assume Amazon is cracking down...
Never heard of temp unroot, thanks, but yeah, as of late, amazon released a fire update, ruining everyones root on the fire and deleting the market. Probably part of that updated.

noiofnine

Jan 20, 2011
installs and runs great on hp touchpad. however on purchase and login i get the following: Error linking device: Unknown error

XR01

Nov 27, 2011
What do you mean it runs great? I get to the point of seeing the button to play the video, but it is grayed out. I can play Amazon videos fine on my Exhibit II by temporarily unrooting the stock OS. It seems Cyanogenmod is somehow detected, because it doesn't work on my Nook Color with the Cyanogenmod either.

redifrogger

Jul 25, 2007
I have the apk that allows me to play the videos for free that come with the amazon prime account (I signed up for a free month), but I don't see how to 'borrow' a book for free - this also comes with the prime account on kindle devices. Anyone have any information on how to do this on a Galaxy Tab? :confused:

baldbear

Jul 18, 2006
Only Kindle devices can borrow books for free with the Prime membership. (you borrow directly from the device)

bedwa

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 5, 2008
Springfield IL
Two things. One KFHD looks for the device to be logged into amazon, I bet this requires framework not on our devices. Two, probably crashes when trying to view due to same.

Bottom line? Besides logcats to figure things out, I'm pretty sure a system dump will be needed to get the correct files to go with this......

ayman07

Feb 25, 2010
I have the apk that allows me to play the videos for free that come with the amazon prime account (I signed up for a free month), but I don't see how to 'borrow' a book for free - this also comes with the prime account on kindle devices. Anyone have any information on how to do this on a Galaxy Tab? :confused:

And which apk would that be? I can browse (which is kind of nice) but like everyone, crashes when trying to play.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

FrostyOrDie

Feb 27, 2012
You don't need to temp in root either. There's an xposed module called root cloak that let's you pick specific apps to hide root from. Works great

Top Liked Posts