[ROM][2.3.7] LeWaOS for Wildfire - v6 (23 apr 2012)

Search This thread

Xdevillived666

Feb 29, 2012
Massy
Google Pixel 6
hello guys
I have used this rom for about 3 days
The first day I was 10 € credit on your SIM while in the third 0 €
I disabled the connection via 3G and WiFi that of the left
has anyone had this problem?
or knows how to fix?
or put a rom with the original sense and the problem no more ...
and then deduce that problem this rom ..

vous êtes française?

bittu4u4ever

Dec 30, 2010
Hyderabad
Google Pixel 4a
Some bugs in v5.

I have installed v4 booted it and just installed v5 over it.
Got status bar and everything.

1. In status bar the quick menu at bottom (wifi, airplane, bluetooth...) icons are very big.
2. In System Settings for some menus options are not visible. Eg : Android Keyboard settings, Swapper Settings (and after i close swapper settings system shows bluescreen and hangs).

Please check the attachments...

Will update if i come across any...

Attachments

• statusbar.png
    statusbar.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 290
  • keyboard_settings.png
    keyboard_settings.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 279
  • swapper_settings.png
    swapper_settings.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 277
  • swapper_after_close.png
    swapper_after_close.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:

el_bhm

Jan 25, 2011
Anyone tried adding custom Alarm in the clock?

Doesn't seem to be posted as a problem but in some menus on new framework I get Radio Buttons ( select one only) instead of Toggle Buttons ( one or more) in menu.

Example
Alarm > Add > Repeat.

Flashed fresh v3 > Format System > Flash v4 > System Format > Flash v5

What's more it's because of I have had status bar. Going from v4 to v5 doesn't fix it as been reported.

L

LastStandingDroid

saw this on O1, never tested it but will do it now :D
need some improvements, but i like it so far :D

Last edited:

elia222

Feb 17, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23
Could you please post the fix for the google maps? I want to apply it in V4 cause i dont want to upgrade to v5 thanks!

Just put libandroidruntime.so under system/lib/ from v5's zip to v4 with root explorer and give the same permissions (Thanks to Lmasta that has tested this solution).
This should also fix data counter in status bar :D.
Maybe i will do a v6 based on v4 because seems to be faster, consumes less battery and has no problems with statusbar. :)

rocker86

Aug 12, 2011
Kolkata
Just put libandroidruntime.so under system/lib/ from v5's zip to v4 with root explorer and give the same permissions (Thanks to Lmasta that has tested this solution).
This should also fix data counter in status bar :D.
Maybe i will do a v6 based on v4 because seems to be faster, consumes less battery and has no problems with statusbar. :)
The look of V5 is fantastic. if we could get a V6 based on new look of v5 that would be very much interesting... elia222 I have remembered about the toggles issues in V1 and V2 and which have also been seen in V5. So one question to ask whether it can be resized?..

rayven18

Jan 2, 2012
www.l2sand.com
Thanks i will try and post back! That would be great. I have tried some ram scripts and experimented with some values for the swapper, the vm and some other stuff. The results were fascinating! :D I can upload them somewhere so you can test them if you want.

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

The look of V5 is fantastic. if we could get a V6 based on new look of v5 that would be very much interesting... elia222 I have remembered about the toggles issues in V1 and V2 and which have also been seen in V5. So one question to ask whether it can be resized?..

I try taking the SystemUI.apk from v4 and with root explorer and v5 installed move it to /system/app . Try this and tell me if your problem is solved. Also keep a backup of the SystemUI.apk of v4 just in case it doenst work

Thanks elia worked just great :)

Last edited:

el_bhm

Jan 25, 2011
Is there any progress on v6?
I am really anxiously awaiting a new version.

That battery life seems to be affected by a bright theme which supposedly can draw more power on Wildfire displays.
v4's colour scheme seems easier on the eyes, but I really, really like the new framework in v5. If there is some dark theme for the new framework, that'd be killer combo.

Lesicnik1

Feb 12, 2011
Slovenj Gradec
Is there any progress on v6?
I am really anxiously awaiting a new version.

That battery life seems to be affected by a bright theme which supposedly can draw more power on Wildfire displays.
v4's colour scheme seems easier on the eyes, but I really, really like the new framework in v5. If there is some dark theme for the new framework, that'd be killer combo.

Brighter themes don't affect the battery life because it's an LCD display and thusly still needs to draw black colors.

Sent from my Ainol Novo7 Elf using xda premium

el_bhm

Jan 25, 2011
Brighter themes don't affect the battery life because it's an LCD display and thusly still needs to draw black colors.

Sent from my Ainol Novo7 Elf using xda premium

Which device am I mistaking wildfire with, then?
Seems it is LCD. Due to way Liquid Displays work, darker themes should impact battery life then.

Lesicnik1

Feb 12, 2011
Slovenj Gradec
Which device am I mistaking wildfire with, then?
Seems it is LCD. Due to way Liquid Displays work, darker themes should impact battery life then.
The only screens that profit from a dark theme (Well, pitch black is more like it) are AMOLED displays, because those just turn the LEDs, that are supposed to show the black color, off

Secondly, I found this.

Secondly, home studies suggest that LCD monitors have a negligible power savings between displaying dark screens or light screens. I say negligible because the variance from one monitor to another is a wider spread of kilowatt-hours than the savings on any particular monitor.
http://mroconnell.hubpages.com/hub/How-much-power-do-we-save-if-GOOGLE-screen-turns-black-or-grey
This article does point at desktop LCD, but those use even more power than the small ones in our phone.

rayven18

Jan 2, 2012
www.l2sand.com
Im trying to solve the battery drain problem. It seems that it is caused by script malfunctioning. Will try some things and maybe post the fix tomorrow

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The rom will be continued by lo2ay in this thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1666167

This rom is ported from the Chinese "LeWa" OS for C8650 and it it based on cm7.2 rc1.

All credit goes to Le Frog Technology for the LeWa OS:
    http://www.lewaos.com/

DETAILS:
    -LeWa OS includes data monitoring, power savings, custom and downloadable themes and lockscreens, notifications on the lockscreen, lockscreen animations, pop-up SMS notification window showing the text with the reply box, etc.

-ADW launcher and LeWa launcher

-Bravia engine

-Beats audio

-AGPS patch

-gapps included

-DSP manager

-built-in theme manager

WORKING:
    almost everything

BUGS:
    -The online theme tab force closes when wifi/data is turned on
    -Some lockscreens needs resizing, to change it go to Settings>Personal>LockScreen>Style option>Lockscreeen style
    -in v5 at first boot after a clean install my phone asked me various times to insert the pin code and during setup wizard some apps were force closing. Don't worry! it's only first boot! If phone continues to ask the pin code just go to settings>mobile network and try disabling data or changing network mode, after some times it will stop requesting pin code. ;)
    -in dialer you can't add # after a number
    -you tell me...

SCREENSHOTS:
    coming soon

PLEASE READ:
    Status Bar:
    -The top of the notification pull down is the data monitor.
    -The button on the top right corner will free memory.
    -Tap on the status bar and it will bring up apps, home and back button at the top.

Launcher:
    -Swipe up to open drawer

Lockscreen
    -If you want to change lockscreen go to Settings>Personal>LockScreen>Style option>Lockscreeen style

Theme:
    Place these on your sdcard (or lewa/theme/theme) and force close the Launcher for the list to refresh and you will have a lot of themes now!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1565670
    Also make sure that you're wifi/mobile data is turned off, so it doesn't force close when it loads the online theme list.
    (thanks to nejc121 for this solution)

Language:
    -English
    -Chinese

DOWNLOAD LINK:
    v6-http://www.mediafire.com/?q6zrwadq3zu746o
    changelog:
    -this version is based on v4 with fix for app incompatibilty issues, google maps
    and data counter
    -removed some lockscreens that didn't fit the screen well
    -updated kernel to latest cm nightly version
    -tweaked audio/video recording
    -very fast and smooth! :cool:

v5-http://www.mediafire.com/?z77ufi1c3ful99e
    changelog:
    -fixed app incompatibilty issue
    -fixed google maps force close
    -fixed data counter bug
    -resized some little things
    -based on new lewa M6 update: completly new UI and much more...!

v4-http://www.mediafire.com/?bvv3hzx0x5jxju3
    changelog:
    -resized torch app
    -fixed double message issue
    -removed stock gb messanging app
    -fixed camera bugs
    -removed stock camera app
    -added miui camera(faster, looks better)
    -fixed some FC

v3-http://www.mediafire.com/?ojw50b8ihn0jyfl
    changelog:
    -resized LeWa launcher
    -fixed an issue that made some apps not compatible in play store
    -desk clock resized
    -removed some double apps (file manager, contacts, music)

v2-http://www.mediafire.com/?5ec5p9c4m33utue
    changelog:
    -removed slow 3D gallery, added 2D gallery
    -removed angry birds theme
    -reduced zip size
    -added lewa music player
    -resized status bar toggles
    -time set bug fixed (just disable automatic values if you want to set it manually)
    -fixed some FC

v1-http://www.mediafire.com/?2lqudmko7wsvlaw
    initial release

If you liked my work hit the THANKS button! :D
    Okay, here we go :)

When the phone boots for the first time this is what you will see
    firstboot.png

Pretty nice, except for the icons, which you can't change! (more on this later)

As the OP said, the appdrawer labels are cut-off a bit
    appdrawer.png

A fix might be gotten if you make the icons a bit smaller or make the grid smaller.

Also as the OP said the default lockscreen is pretty cut-off, to unlock it swipe up on either the yellow bird (dialer) or red bird (messaging) then go to Settings->Personal->Lockscreen->Style options->Lockscreen style and change it to anything else.
    lockscreen1.png

lockscreen2.png

The settings are very nice! They're grouped by function and you switch between the groups by swiping left or right
    settings1.png
    settings2.png
    settings3.png
    settings4.png

Takes some time to get used to, but I like it a lot.

The notification pane works, but the power toggles are way to big. (FIXED IN v2!)
    notifications-1.png

The top shows you your data usage and by tapping the orb in the top right you kill background tasks.

By tapping the data usage in the notifications you get to the data usage usage graph and by swiping right you get the app firewall, and by swiping left you get to the data monitor settings.
    datausage.png

And here we come to the theme part, by default it only ships with one theme (angry birds)
    theme1.png

There is an online tab, but that one force closes when it loads (!), which means you can change the theme to anything else (unless it gets fixed or if the ROM ships with another theme)
    theme2.png

The dialer is really nice, it does have T9 dialing, but it has this odd blue line going down the center of it.
    dialer.png

The contacts are also very nice, adopting the same ICS like left and right swiping to swipe between the contacts, favorites, call log and messaging
    contats.png

Pressing the chinese letter at the bottom will bring up initial letters which can be quickly used to get to Z for example.

It ships with two file managers IO File Manager (CM7 default) and it's own one.
    filemanager.png

In default view it shows you how many music files, pictures, videos, documents and .apk files you have and allows you to show them. It also shows you how full your SD card is.
    By swiping left you get to a standard file manager, which allows you to browse your SD card (no internal phone memory though).

If you happen to dislike the stock launcher it does ship with ADW as well.
    adw.png

It comes with inbuilt SMS and call blocking.
    block.png

Now for some stuff that I dislike.
    No CM7 settings. If we had that, disabling the power widget would be easy and it would be a good temporary solution. It does integrate SOME parts of CM7 settings, like the lockscreen settings and performace settings among others, but just not enough.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Fixed the Angry Birds only theme problem.

Place these on your sdcard (or lewa/theme/theme) and force close the Launcher for the list to refresh and you will have a lot of themes now!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1565670

Also make sure that you're wifi/mobile data is turned off, so it doesn't force close when it loads the online theme list.
    Makes the default launcher a lot more tolerable :D
    i managed to fix gmaps and other bugs and i made a lot of other changes.
    i'll do some more testing, maybe i will upload the v5 tomorrow afternoon.
    Regards
    Downloading.

Will post screenshots after some testing :)

Here we go :D

The bootanimation is different now.
    Imagine the little light you see on the left go from left to right over the android logo
    bootani.png

The default theme was changed.
    A bit too...iOS-like
    defaulttheme.png

Dialer is also different now.
    dialer-1.png

But you can't see the person you "T-9" searched for, because it's too big (that's what she said)
    dialer1.png

In the lockscreen the status bar clock is hidden, ala ICS.
    lockscreen.png

One problem though. It seems to take the desktop wallpaper as the background for the status bar in the lockscreen...which may look a bit awful, if you have a different color combo wallpapers.
    aw.png

Notification power widget buttons are too big again :)()
    toobig.png

The Swapper app in the settings has some problems because of the new style
    swapper.png

Speaking of the new style, popups (selectors, etc) now pop-up at the bottom, no longer at the middle.
    popup.png

selectors.png

Also, when installing an app, you can choose to either install it on the internal or external (SD card) storage.
    installlocation.png

Also, loading bars are ICS-like.
    icsloading.png

Loading circles were also changed
    loadcircle.png

The settings as well as on-off toggles are now different :D
    settings.png

One thing though.
    An app called "radio" kept asking for su premissions.
    hmm.png

I'm also having some problems with trackball wake for some reason.

Seems that performance has also dropped with v5, the scrolling in the settings, swiping in the appdrawer of LewaLauncher got slower, also the lockscreen seems to take a second or two to pop back up if you turn the screen off and turn it back on immediately after. (The performance issues might be because I didn't wipe when updating to v5)

The status bar seems to have lost it's transparency in apps.
    In Opera it should be white, but it's black.
    statusbar-1.png

Funny thing is, that it flashes white for a bit when exiting :p
    v4 released, changelog in the op!