Youtube on the Tilt 2

Search This thread

bennyj71

Feb 23, 2008
New Orleans
I'm running stock rom. Is there an HTC youtube app installed on the Tilt 2? If not do you guys know which version works. I don't like the Google app. Thanks.

cbo02

Jul 9, 2008
Youtube is installed on Tilt 2.

Tools > File Explorer > Windows > YouTube (444K sized file will do just fine)

Copy the file and paste shortcut in Start Menu> Programs

The next step is very important.

Goto:Settings >Connections>Connections>Advanced Tab: Select Network button: Change bottom drop down to Media Net. Both drop downs should be Media Net.

Thats it.

bennyj71

Feb 23, 2008
New Orleans
Thanks...

Tools > File Explorer > Windows > YouTube (444K sized file will do just fine)

Copy the file and paste shortcut in Start Menu> Programs

The next step is very important.

Goto:Settings >Connections>Connections>Advanced Tab: Select Network button: Change bottom drop down to Media Net. Both drop downs should be Media Net.

Thats it.
Followed the instructions to a T. Working great.

thedon0369

Nov 11, 2008
Columbia, MO
After doing this fix it seems that youtube will now load smaller videos over 3g. But the problem is now that they don't load over wifi. Anybody have this same problem?

Artexman

Oct 12, 2009
Texarkana
I did everything as told and when I select the youtube icon under PROGRAMS nothing happens ...... should I copy the youtube.exe - 11k to start menu > programs? Thanks for any help......

iceman4357

Jun 17, 2006
St.Louis
I didnt have to change anything in my advanced network. I just disabled the Proxy.

Artexman-make sure you copy the Youtube file thats about 444k, and not the other.

D

Deleted member 1154637

delete post

Last edited by a moderator:

shortyboy

Mar 8, 2006
i did this but i cant get youtube to play anything,it says connecting for ever..it can search videos but not play them...anyone else having this issue?ill try installing htc youtube app and see if this works..

irus

Jun 29, 2007
I was using a cooked rom that had nothing todo with at&t and i still had the youtube connecting problem then i installed this cab it it worked great :)

Attachments

• removehiddenproxy4cws.cab
    2.2 KB · Views: 335

fincan

Dec 9, 2007
around VA
I was using a cooked rom that had nothing todo with at&t and i still had the youtube connecting problem then i installed this cab it it worked great :)

I agree with irus. I am using that cab since I had a TyTn II and it solves the youtube problem in our Rhodium as well.
I have an Australian TP2, hard-spl'ed and running 6.5 generic european rom on USA AT&T network.

jonnb

Mar 12, 2007
I missed the second page that had my answer so i am editing my question

I deleted the proxy and works thanks

Last edited:

nthdgreee

Jan 23, 2007
When my wifes iPhone hits a site that has embedded YouTube video (e.g. pocketnow.com) it shows the "video" picture within Safari, when you click on it it opens up the iPhones built in YouTube app and plays the video. When I go to the same site on Opera 9.5 (Stock AT&T ROM/Tilt2) the area where the video picture should be is blank, except for a small area where it says, "Plug-in content".

Is there any way to get WM 6.5 to operate in a similar fashion as the iPhone does in this area?

kk0813

Jul 8, 2007
NY
When my wifes iPhone hits a site that has embedded YouTube video (e.g. pocketnow.com) it shows the "video" picture within Safari, when you click on it it opens up the iPhones built in YouTube app and plays the video. When I go to the same site on Opera 9.5 (Stock AT&T ROM/Tilt2) the area where the video picture should be is blank, except for a small area where it says, "Plug-in content".

Is there any way to get WM 6.5 to operate in a similar fashion as the iPhone does in this area?

Try this.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=544770