Should I update to KK?

Search This thread

mike102871

Feb 20, 2011
Motorola Edge 20
I did the same but I am having issues with my network sticking on the new baseband. Do you have any issues Mike ? I feel like my phone goes to 4G / 3G more then what it did before. LTE was working before I jump to KK. Also when I got phone calls before, my network would go from LTE to 4g on calls. Now it goes to 3G. What is going on ????

I believe tmo does jot support calls over lte. I have no issues at all. None. Data works fine. Altbough I live in edge area. I dont good data but few times a month in ne, t town.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

xEVILFREDx

Jan 13, 2011
NY
I believe tmo does jot support calls over lte. I have no issues at all. None. Data works fine. Altbough I live in edge area. I dont good data but few times a month in ne, t town.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

No , T Mobile doesn't support LTE over calls yet but it does go to 4G. Now when I am on LTE, it goes to 3G when I get a call. Not something I can get a custom to. My network is worse when upgrading to Kitkat. Would not suggest it to anyone just yet.

chuko303

Dec 24, 2011
colorado
Guess it all depends. I got better connection. Get 3 to 4 more LTE bars even watch videos while in the ****tter won't buffer and couldn't do it with 4.3

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006
Since you are still on 4.3, you can easily root using Kingo or de la vega method without triggering knox.
After that, upgrading to 4.4.2 is very easy and you still have root and warranty.

If you don't care about knox, then you can just update and use Chainfire to root 4.4.2 (knox warranty void). It is pretty simple.
I have 4.4.2, root (from my previous rooted 4.3) and warranty intact + SD fix and xposed mods. The phone is just amazing now.

Wait, you have 4.3 rooted, upgraded to 4.4 with the official process (OTA) and after upgrade, you still have root?

If it's true, I'll upgrade to 4.4. I never seen an official firmware OTA upgrade retain root.

drag&fly

Nov 19, 2013
I don't see any real reason not to upgrade, but it's your phone. My wifi is now stable most of the time, signal is about the same leaning to very slightly improved over 4.3. I have zero issues with 4.4, however I did have a handset with hardware issues when I first took the OTA, but was promptly sent a replacement and now I'm golden.

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006
No, not OTA, I upgraded with mobile odin. Still have root and knox warranty is intact.

That's interesting. Based on what I read, upgrading to 4.4 via Odin will trip Knox. I had to use a different root method - the one that require downloading an app on my Mac. I forgot what it's called now..

sleepyzero

Oct 31, 2012
Hello my note 3 is on 4.3 baseband MI7 and recently I have been getting a message to update to 4.4.2. I am getting annoyed with this message as I get it several times a day. Should I just upgrade or is there a way to stop this message from popping up?

DarkMage619

Jun 20, 2010
Hello my note 3 is on 4.3 baseband MI7 and recently I have been getting a message to update to 4.4.2. I am getting annoyed with this message as I get it several times a day. Should I just upgrade or is there a way to stop this message from popping up?

Did you click the update software selection in the settings or did it just prompt you to update even though you didn't do anything at all? Also has it actually downloaded the software yet or is it just telling you that the software is available? If you don't care about SD write access you could update. I personally will never update to Kit Kat because I lose too much functionality and gain nothing. Try deleting the cache and if worst comes to worst you can factory reset your phone. You can also turn off one of the system update apps. I never got a notification update after I turned that off. I hope you can keep Kit Kat off your phone. It won't be the same if you update and you can NEVER go back.

Reactions: sleepyzero

sleepyzero

Oct 31, 2012
I can't get the screenshot I took to work but It say congratulations T mobile has sent you a new software update.4.4.2 Kit Kat It just prompted me one day to update and ever since then I get this message 2 to 3 times a day. My phone works fine but the message is getting annoying asking if I want to start or postpone. Do you think resetting my phone will get rid of this message? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

krelvinaz

Feb 20, 2008
Mesa AZ
You can get it to stop by changing the build.prop file and entering a higher version number. I don't recall the exact details, but it should be easy enough to locate. You have to be root however.

CravingMender9

Jun 6, 2011
Charlotte
www.rahulisola.com
That's interesting. Based on what I read, upgrading to 4.4 via Odin will trip Knox. I had to use a different root method - the one that require downloading an app on my Mac. I forgot what it's called now..

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51627463&postcount=67

Follow the instructions here. It worked for me. Make sure to thank the original person for posting this if it works for you :)

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

Did you click the update software selection in the settings or did it just prompt you to update even though you didn't do anything at all? Also has it actually downloaded the software yet or is it just telling you that the software is available? If you don't care about SD write access you could update. I personally will never update to Kit Kat because I lose too much functionality and gain nothing. Try deleting the cache and if worst comes to worst you can factory reset your phone. You can also turn off one of the system update apps. I never got a notification update after I turned that off. I hope you can keep Kit Kat off your phone. It won't be the same if you update and you can NEVER go back.

I liked Kitkat (rooted). I feel it is faster, smoother, more stable, better Google Now (Yes, I use it a lot), better battery life (might just be placebo). Of course, since I am rooted, I have the SD fix too, and not to mention the amazing xposed modules. The best thing is, if you are still in 4.3, you can root without tripping knox warranty and update to have rooted kitkat. I gained a lot and lost nothing :) Even the stupid ISIS works.

Reactions: lanwarrior

Lorettaa

Feb 5, 2014
iloilo

Follow the instructions here. It worked for me. Make sure to thank the original person for posting this if it works for you :)

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

I liked Kitkat (rooted). I feel it is faster, smoother, more stable, better Google Now (Yes, I use it a lot), better battery life (might just be placebo). Of course, since I am rooted, I have the SD fix too, and not to mention the amazing xposed modules. The best thing is, if you are still in 4.3, you can root without tripping knox warranty and update to have rooted kitkat. I gained a lot and lost nothing :) Even the stupid ISIS works.

Haha yes! That's exactly true!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thats Like Saying Should I Buy These New BOSS rims for my car HAVING the money.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk