[Q] G900W8 permanently shows 4G symbol.

Search This thread

vasodys

Jun 11, 2014
My S5 permanently shows 4G except when on Wifi. I got it from GSM Nation and they sent me the G900W8 (Canadian) model instead of the G900F (International) but it works fine in my country. There is no actual 4G in my country, yet my phone shows that. Does anyone have a solution or have the same problem?

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
My S5 permanently shows 4G except when on Wifi. I got it from GSM Nation and they sent me the G900W8 (Canadian) model instead of the G900F (International) but it works fine in my country. There is no actual 4G in my country, yet my phone shows that. Does anyone have a solution or have the same problem?

It's most likely that the canadian version (and the US versions) consider HSPA+ as 4G.

vasodys

Jun 11, 2014
The problem is that it shows 4G even when the signal is actually Edge or 3G.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

The problem is that it shows 4G even when the signal is actually Edge or 3G.

That's weird it should be 4G=H+, H=H, 3G and E that's what I get. Maybe you need to flash a Modem from your country. Look into it. Don't go flashing a modem just yet investigate some more. :D

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

vasodys

Jun 11, 2014
My friend's S5 is working properly and I just don't get why mine is acting weird. The data works properly and the bands my country uses are within the bands of the phone. I'll wait a bit more. Maybe someone will have an answer.

Last edited: