[Q] HTC Back-up service dont works on wifi after update android 4.4.3

Search This thread

Justin2003

Oct 31, 2009
Kerkrade
After the update to Android 4.4.3 my M8 cannot make backups with the HTC Back-up service on Wi-Fi. On LTE it works well.
I become the following message:The HTC backup service is unavailable at this time. Please try again later. (Translated with Google)

Aukutsutsu

Apr 6, 2009
I haven't had any luck with the HTC backup lately. It seems to get part way and fail. It I run it manually it gives me a generic could not reach HTC backup service error.

5m4r7ph0n36uru

Apr 23, 2014
MD5: 91497e1b11f2262d0d8ff0aa7a164f3b
Thats the same error.

I never encountert the error but read of it on a German forum. They went through the following for a solution:

1) clear htc backup data under settings APPs
2) clear play services data under settings APPs for those who use Google account to backup (maybe also dropbox for those on dropbox)
3) rename phone

After those steps they set up HTC backup again and it worked.

Some of them wiped cache as well prior to setting up backup again, but doesn't make sense for me in this case.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Justin2003

Oct 31, 2009
Kerkrade
I never encountert the error but read of it on a German forum. They went through the following for a solution:

1) clear htc backup data under settings APPs
2) clear play services data under settings APPs for those who use Google account to backup (maybe also dropbox for those on dropbox)
3) rename phone

After those steps they set up HTC backup again and it worked.

Some of them wiped cache as well prior to setting up backup again, but doesn't make sense for me in this case.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

It do not work for me. My wife's M7 have the same problem after update Android 4.4.3