[ROM] MCR - MoDaCo.one for the One X T3 (Sense + Vanilla) - NEW: TVQS, more Vanilla!

Search This thread

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
modacoone.png

onexir1-1.png
endeavorir2.png
onexir1-4.png

Images primarily show Vanilla style - of course Sense style is available too!

I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo.one ROM for the HTC One X (Tegra 3)! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know. ;)

About MoDaCo Custom ROMs (MCRs)

MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device. MoDaCo Custom ROMs include online kitchens that allow the user to choose between stock ICS or Sense style for most features on the device!

About MoDaCo.one

The MoDaCo.one ROM is available for the HTC One X (Tegra 3), HTC One X (S4), HTC One S and HTC One V.

Requirements

In order to use this ROM you must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed - this can be installed using ROM Manager from the Android Market.

The ROM is installed at your own risk. The ROM should be installed using ClockworkMod. A wipe is NOT required to use this ROM if you are coming from either stock, or a previous MCR release.

Features Include... (many optional via the Online Kitchen) - check kitchen defaults for what is in the prebake:
  • Rebuilt, compressed and optimised with the MCR build system
  • Based on the 2.17.401.2 release
  • Now includes MCR specific changes to make 'dirty flashes' (flashes without wipes) possible from almost any other ROM
  • All Google applications updated
  • All third party applications updated
  • Vanilla option using stock ICS components instead of HTC Sense components while retaining stability and core HTC functionality
  • Superuser application and su binary from ChainfireXDA (SuperSU) for SAFE root functionality
  • Insecure boot image (boot image must be flashed via fastboot for S-ON devices)
  • Busybox included
  • Not odexed
  • Insecure boot image
  • Alternative appstores
  • Our own 'OdexMe' on-demand odex application
  • init.d support on boot
  • Modified startup sequence to offer all available languages
  • UK English localisation for flashlight / torch
  • Franco kernel r10
  • Menu mod - includes some changes created by XDA member 'blubbers'
  • Nosync SQLite binary (user request)
  • Patched Google Wallet
  • Much much much more!
Changelog

Please see the post below this one for the changelog.

Installation

To install this ROM:
  • Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your the internal sd card (/sdcard/)
  • Restart your device in recovery mode
  • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
  • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to the internal sd card!
  • NOTE: If you are using a S-ON device (you probably are!), in line with other ROMs you need to manually 'fastboot flash boot boot.img' the boot image from the update zip due to HTC's restrictions.
If you have problems with Market licencing, check your device date!

First boot may take a while - be patient while it carries out it's pre-dexopt. It's worth it! :D

Downloads

Please do not mirror these packs elsewhere, I am counting downloads to determine which prebakes are most popular and should be offered in the future.

Prebake downloads

• Ir5 Sense - DOWNLOAD - MD5: 968debd9f4b7d4647bf78b88cacdf824
  • Ir5 Vanilla - DOWNLOAD - MD5: df99a912d9acabacbcbf5cfda82682f2
Kitchen download
  • an online kitchen is also available at MoDaCo for you to bake a Custom Custom ROM. :D
Support

If you have a general question, please post in the topic and i'll do my best to help out! :)

Thanks

It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.

Future Updates - READ THIS!

By providing this ROM I am not implying in any way that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).

And finally...

Details on how to donate should you wish to do so are in the download topic at MoDaCo.

Enjoy! :D

P

Last edited:

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
Changelog

28th August
  • The kitchen now includes TEST releases of AOSP style Phone and System UI apps, a big step in the question for a true best-of-both-worlds ROM. Please report back how you get on.
  • Stock lockscreen can now be used (deselect HTC lockscreen) when using the AOSP Phone app as detailed above
  • TeamViewer QuickSupport added to the kitchen.
  • MoDaCo bootscreen (can be disabled in the kitchen)
  • All apps updated to the latest versions
  • Contact linking should now work correctly in Sense people app
  • Toggle2G now works on this ROM (you can use the update.zip installer!)
  • Other internal fixes and improvements
13th August
  • Updated to the 2.17.401.2 release
  • Now includes MCR specific changes to make 'dirty flashes' (flashes without wipes) possible from almost any other ROM
25th July
  • Updated to the 1.29.401.12 release
  • Updated various installed apps / libraries in line with latest Market releases
  • Various internal fixes and improvements
2nd July
  • Updated various installed apps / libraries in line with latest Market releases
29th June (changes to kitchen in preperation for updated prebake)
  • Updated Google apps to latest releases after I/O
  • Added Google Currents (latest version, new icon)
  • Added Google Ears music recognition widget
  • Added Play Store Magazines (region dependent).
15th June
  • Updated for Ir2 release!
12th June
  • Added patched Google Wallet
  • Added a menu mod, this uses portions of Blubbers' mod.
  • Modified initial startup wizard to display all available languages.
  • Further app updates.
11th June
  • Added an option for secure boot image with patched adbd binary
  • Added option for nosync patched sqlite library (user request).
1st June
  • Added an option to remove HTC Contacts to the kitchen.
  • Stock ICS gallery now includes a patched camera app so the thumbnail button launches the gallery. (more improvements to follow).
  • Added optional secure boot image.
  • Updated Google Plus.
  • Updated Google Maps.
  • Resolved issue with Facebook and Twitter Friendstream support.
25th May
  • Updated Google Plus and Titanium Backup applications.
25th May
  • Updated Locations APK to resolve crash when selecting from the 'Car' application.
23rd May Ir1
  • Initial Release

Last edited:

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
This ROM is deliberately NOT re-signed, so you can apply any third party tweaks you want and they should work if they're for 1.29.401.11. Of course, back up first just in case!

Once you have the system how you want it, you can then run 'Odex Me' if you have a kitchen build to Odex on demand and save you a bunch of space on /data.

P

wolfraim

Dec 9, 2009
Santiago
orgulloateo.tumblr.com
[*]Not odexed

Happy to read this, deodexed roms are not working very well (including Ir DUO hahaha).

I ll try this rom tomorrow. Now im testing another. Thanks roo much!!

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    modacoone.png

onexir1-1.png
    endeavorir2.png
    onexir1-4.png

Images primarily show Vanilla style - of course Sense style is available too!

I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo.one ROM for the HTC One X (Tegra 3)! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know. ;)

About MoDaCo Custom ROMs (MCRs)

MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device. MoDaCo Custom ROMs include online kitchens that allow the user to choose between stock ICS or Sense style for most features on the device!

About MoDaCo.one

The MoDaCo.one ROM is available for the HTC One X (Tegra 3), HTC One X (S4), HTC One S and HTC One V.

Requirements

In order to use this ROM you must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed - this can be installed using ROM Manager from the Android Market.

The ROM is installed at your own risk. The ROM should be installed using ClockworkMod. A wipe is NOT required to use this ROM if you are coming from either stock, or a previous MCR release.

Features Include... (many optional via the Online Kitchen) - check kitchen defaults for what is in the prebake:
    • Rebuilt, compressed and optimised with the MCR build system
    • Based on the 2.17.401.2 release
    • All Google applications updated
    • All third party applications updated
    • Vanilla option using stock ICS components instead of HTC Sense components while retaining stability and core HTC functionality
    • Superuser application and su binary from ChainfireXDA (SuperSU) for SAFE root functionality
    • Insecure boot image (boot image must be flashed via fastboot for S-ON devices)
    • Busybox included
    • Not odexed
    • Insecure boot image
    • Alternative appstores
    • Our own 'OdexMe' on-demand odex application
    • init.d support on boot
    • Modified startup sequence to offer all available languages
    • UK English localisation for flashlight / torch
    • Franco kernel r10
    • Menu mod - includes some changes created by XDA member 'blubbers'
    • Nosync SQLite binary (user request)
    • Patched Google Wallet
    • Much much much more!
    Changelog

Please see the post below this one for the changelog.

Installation

To install this ROM:
    • Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your the internal sd card (/sdcard/)
    • Restart your device in recovery mode
    • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
    • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to the internal sd card!
    • NOTE: If you are using a S-ON device (you probably are!), in line with other ROMs you need to manually 'fastboot flash boot boot.img' the boot image from the update zip due to HTC's restrictions.
    If you have problems with Market licencing, check your device date!

First boot may take a while - be patient while it carries out it's pre-dexopt. It's worth it! :D

Downloads

Please do not mirror these packs elsewhere, I am counting downloads to determine which prebakes are most popular and should be offered in the future.

Prebake downloads

• Ir5 Sense - DOWNLOAD - MD5: 968debd9f4b7d4647bf78b88cacdf824
    • Ir5 Vanilla - DOWNLOAD - MD5: df99a912d9acabacbcbf5cfda82682f2
    Kitchen download
    • an online kitchen is also available at MoDaCo for you to bake a Custom Custom ROM. :D
    Support

If you have a general question, please post in the topic and i'll do my best to help out! :)

Thanks

It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.

Future Updates - READ THIS!

By providing this ROM I am not implying in any way that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).

And finally...

Details on how to donate should you wish to do so are in the download topic at MoDaCo.

Enjoy! :D

P
    Changelog

28th August
    • The kitchen now includes TEST releases of AOSP style Phone and System UI apps, a big step in the question for a true best-of-both-worlds ROM. Please report back how you get on.
    • Stock lockscreen can now be used (deselect HTC lockscreen) when using the AOSP Phone app as detailed above
    • TeamViewer QuickSupport added to the kitchen.
    • MoDaCo bootscreen (can be disabled in the kitchen)
    • All apps updated to the latest versions
    • Contact linking should now work correctly in Sense people app
    • Toggle2G now works on this ROM (you can use the update.zip installer!)
    • Other internal fixes and improvements
    13th August
    • Updated to the 2.17.401.2 release
    25th July
    • Updated to the 1.29.401.12 release
    • Various internal fixes and improvements
    2nd July
    29th June (changes to kitchen in preperation for updated prebake)
    • Updated Google apps to latest releases after I/O
    • Added Google Currents (latest version, new icon)
    • Added Google Ears music recognition widget
    • Added Play Store Magazines (region dependent).
    15th June
    • Updated for Ir2 release!
    12th June
    • Added patched Google Wallet
    • Added a menu mod, this uses portions of Blubbers' mod.
    • Modified initial startup wizard to display all available languages.
    • Further app updates.
    11th June
    • Added an option for secure boot image with patched adbd binary
    • Added option for nosync patched sqlite library (user request).
    1st June
    • Added an option to remove HTC Contacts to the kitchen.
    • Stock ICS gallery now includes a patched camera app so the thumbnail button launches the gallery. (more improvements to follow).
    • Added optional secure boot image.
    • Updated Google Plus.
    • Updated Google Maps.
    • Resolved issue with Facebook and Twitter Friendstream support.
    25th May
    • Updated Google Plus and Titanium Backup applications.
    25th May
    • Updated Locations APK to resolve crash when selecting from the 'Car' application.
    23rd May Ir1
    • Initial Release
    Just to confirm this is a NON WIPE install (even for Vanilla style!)

P
    Ir5 prebake online!

P
    Ir3 prebakes online.

P