[Q] Is NC2 ODIN FIRMWARE AVAILABLE?

Search This thread

147aaron

I am trying to go stock, and wasn't sure if there was an ODIN NC2 out there. I was searching and couldn't find anything.
Any hints to get back to stock on nc2?

There is no odin version of NC2 available at this time.
What you can do is download the UrDroid Stock NC2 from this post - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2786043
DOWNLOAD THE ODEXED VERSION

Odexed is Stock, Deodexed is not.

You will need to flash it using Safestrap.

Once you get it up and booting - install safestrap again, uninstall recovery, uninstall safestrap, and lastly unroot.
Sounds like a lot, but it will be quick and that will be full stock.

Reactions: matteosaeed

richgangsta41

Aug 5, 2011
But is it the real OTA update? With the white battery? I'm trying to get back to nc2 myself

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

jreed3786

Sep 28, 2008
Rockford, IL
But is it the real OTA update? With the white battery? I'm trying to get back to nc2 myself

YEAH!!!!! Exactly HOW do we return this phone to the AT&T store??? I've had a couple failed attempts....

I think people need to clarify the difference between stock and stock that's even had one file modified. Very confusing.

147aaron

YEAH!!!!! Exactly HOW do we return this phone to the AT&T store??? I've had a couple failed attempts....

I think people need to clarify the difference between stock and stock that's even had one file modified. Very confusing.

EDIT :
To my knowledge that is the real NC2 version without any mods. You would have to ask Carl1961 if you want to confirm whether its full stock or not.
I don't think a DEV would call it a stock rom, if it wasn't fully stock.

Last edited:

440bro

Oct 14, 2008
Cleveland ROCKS!!!
gsomething.net
EDIT :
To my knowledge that is the real NC2 version without any mods. You would have to ask Carl1961 if you want to confirm whether its full stock or not.

It's not completely stock. There are files changed if you would read the first post it says "
Stock NC2 KitKat ROM rooted that I made for myself, Sharing for others to Use
Thanks to bri315317 for Updater-script to get NC2 installed !!

Thanks to K-Alzwayed for Stock TWRP system backup

Ver_1 :
Replaced missing and different Bin files ( WiFi should work and remember password)

Files replaced:

adsprpcd
androidshmservice
apaservice
app_process.orig
at_distributor
ATFWD-daemon
auditd
bintvoutservice
bootanimation
bootchecker
bugreport
charger_monitor
charon
clatd
cnd
connfwexe
createsystemfile
cs
ddexe
ddexe_real
debuggerd
dhcpcd
diag_uart_log
dnsmasq
drmserver
drsd
dumpstate
dumpsys
e2fsck
e2fsck.bin
edmaudit
efsks
gsiff_daemon
hostapd
icd
immvibed
imsqmidaemon
installd
insthk
ipruleset
jackservice
keystore
ks
logwrapper
mcDriverDaemon
mdnsd
mediaserver
mm-pp-daemon
mm-qcamera-daemon
mpdecision
mtpd
netd
npsmobex
ping
pppd
prepare_param.sh
qcks
qmuxd
qosmgr
qrngd
qseecomd
racoon
rfs_access
rild
rmt_storage
samsungpowersoundplay
scranton_RD
sdcard
secure_storage_daemon
sensorhubservice
servicemanager
smdexe
ss_conn_daemon
ssr_diag
surfaceflinger
thermald
thermal-engine
tima_dump_log
time_daemon
vold
wcnss_service
wpa_supplicant

Reactions: 147aaron

147aaron

It's not completely stock. There are files changed if you would read the first post it says "

Ver_1 :
Replaced missing and different Bin files ( WiFi should work and remember password)

Files replaced:

adsprpcd
androidshmservice
apaservice
app_process.orig
at_distributor
ATFWD-daemon
auditd
bintvoutservice
bootanimation
bootchecker
bugreport
charger_monitor
charon
clatd
cnd
connfwexe
createsystemfile
cs
ddexe
ddexe_real
debuggerd
dhcpcd
diag_uart_log
dnsmasq
drmserver
drsd
dumpstate
dumpsys
e2fsck
e2fsck.bin
edmaudit
efsks
gsiff_daemon
hostapd
icd
immvibed
imsqmidaemon
installd
insthk
ipruleset
jackservice
keystore
ks
logwrapper
mcDriverDaemon
mdnsd
mediaserver
mm-pp-daemon
mm-qcamera-daemon
mpdecision
mtpd
netd
npsmobex
ping
pppd
prepare_param.sh
qcks
qmuxd
qosmgr
qrngd
qseecomd
racoon
rfs_access
rild
rmt_storage
samsungpowersoundplay
scranton_RD
sdcard
secure_storage_daemon
sensorhubservice
servicemanager
smdexe
ss_conn_daemon
ssr_diag
surfaceflinger
thermald
thermal-engine
tima_dump_log
time_daemon
vold
wcnss_service
wpa_supplicant

*facepalm* Oops! That is why its always good to read the whole post. Thank's for clearing that up 440bro :highfive:

jreed3786

Sep 28, 2008
Rockford, IL
So how exactly do you return to stock to bring the phone back to AT&T without them knowing, for warranty return?

Ver_1 :

Files replaced:

adsprpcd
androidshmservice
apaservice
app_process.orig
at_distributor
ATFWD-daemon
auditd
bintvoutservice
bootanimation
bootchecker
bugreport
charger_monitor
charon
clatd
cnd
connfwexe
createsystemfile
cs
ddexe
ddexe_real
debuggerd
dhcpcd
diag_uart_log
dnsmasq
drmserver
drsd
dumpstate
dumpsys
e2fsck
e2fsck.bin
edmaudit
efsks
gsiff_daemon
hostapd
icd
immvibed
imsqmidaemon
installd
insthk
ipruleset
jackservice
keystore
ks
logwrapper
mcDriverDaemon
mdnsd
mediaserver
mm-pp-daemon
mm-qcamera-daemon
mpdecision
mtpd
netd
npsmobex
ping
pppd
prepare_param.sh
qcks
qmuxd
qosmgr
qrngd
qseecomd
racoon
rfs_access
rild
rmt_storage
samsungpowersoundplay
scranton_RD
sdcard
secure_storage_daemon
sensorhubservice
servicemanager
smdexe
ss_conn_daemon
ssr_diag
surfaceflinger
thermald
thermal-engine
tima_dump_log
time_daemon
vold
wcnss_service
wpa_supplicant

440bro

Oct 14, 2008
Cleveland ROCKS!!!
gsomething.net
So how exactly do you return to stock to bring the phone back to AT&T without them knowing, for warranty return?

Returning to factory stock all depends on how heavily YOU modified the device.

Here's some scenarios.

1. You rooted. Installed superuser. Installed titanium backup (or favorite app for backup) and backed up entire system. Then you modified with xposed, froze apps, or whatever you wanted to do with root access.

Now to return to stock you remove xposed, unfreeze apps, and undo whatever you did with root. If you changed anything system wise use titanium (or favorite app) to restore system files. Then in superuser click "full un-root". You should be back to stock now. Perform a factory data reset if you don't think your getting your phone back.

2. You rooted, installed superuser, busy box, and safestrap. In safestrap you made a nandroid backup and saved it somewhere. Then you wiped and installed a rom to some slot and had fun!

Now to return to stock place your nandroid backup in stock slot. Reboot and it should be back to stock with root. Uninstall safestrap and busy box. Now use superuser to do a full un-root.

3. You rooted and had fun! You forgot to backup anything and are now scared. You can go to see a Samsung rep at bestbuy and have him re-flash kit Kat for ya.

4. You rooted and had fun! But didn't back anything up and don't have a bestbuy nearby. You can search for an at&t service center. They can re-flash kit Kat for you.

5. You rooted and had fun! But didn't backup and there's no bestbuy or at&t service nearby. You can send your device to www.mobiletechvideos.com and pay them to fix your fun. The process usually takes a week.

6. You rooted and had fun but no backups, no bestbuy, no at&t service, and can't afford mobile tech. You are now up the creek without a paddle. You have to wait for a restore nc2 thread, or Odin tar file gets released.

Reactions: jreed3786

147aaron

I am currently soft bricked with no way back to being fine again. I tried to manually install with external storage with the stock recovery and it didnt work. Tried kies, didnt work. And i tried to find the odin file for nc2 and i couldnt find it. But i did find odin files for MLG leaked 4.4.2 kitkat and that also didnt work. I tried everything i know. If anyone can assist me in unbricking my phone i would be very grateful. Thank you :)

This will get you back up and running - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2703006

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am trying to go stock, and wasn't sure if there was an ODIN NC2 out there. I was searching and couldn't find anything.
    Any hints to get back to stock on nc2?

There is no odin version of NC2 available at this time.
    What you can do is download the UrDroid Stock NC2 from this post - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2786043
    DOWNLOAD THE ODEXED VERSION

Odexed is Stock, Deodexed is not.

You will need to flash it using Safestrap.

Once you get it up and booting - install safestrap again, uninstall recovery, uninstall safestrap, and lastly unroot.
    Sounds like a lot, but it will be quick and that will be full stock.
    EDIT :

Ver_1 :

Files replaced:

adsprpcd
    androidshmservice
    apaservice
    app_process.orig
    at_distributor
    ATFWD-daemon
    auditd
    bintvoutservice
    bootanimation
    bootchecker
    bugreport
    charger_monitor
    charon
    clatd
    cnd
    connfwexe
    createsystemfile
    cs
    ddexe
    ddexe_real
    debuggerd
    dhcpcd
    diag_uart_log
    dnsmasq
    drmserver
    drsd
    dumpstate
    dumpsys
    e2fsck
    e2fsck.bin
    edmaudit
    efsks
    gsiff_daemon
    hostapd
    icd
    immvibed
    imsqmidaemon
    installd
    insthk
    ipruleset
    jackservice
    keystore
    ks
    logwrapper
    mcDriverDaemon
    mdnsd
    mediaserver
    mm-pp-daemon
    mm-qcamera-daemon
    mpdecision
    mtpd
    netd
    npsmobex
    ping
    pppd
    prepare_param.sh
    qcks
    qmuxd
    qosmgr
    qrngd
    qseecomd
    racoon
    rfs_access
    rild
    rmt_storage
    samsungpowersoundplay
    scranton_RD
    sdcard
    secure_storage_daemon
    sensorhubservice
    servicemanager
    smdexe
    ss_conn_daemon
    ssr_diag
    surfaceflinger
    thermald
    thermal-engine
    tima_dump_log
    time_daemon
    vold
    wcnss_service
    wpa_supplicant

Returning to factory stock all depends on how heavily YOU modified the device.

Here's some scenarios.

1. You rooted. Installed superuser. Installed titanium backup (or favorite app for backup) and backed up entire system. Then you modified with xposed, froze apps, or whatever you wanted to do with root access.

Now to return to stock you remove xposed, unfreeze apps, and undo whatever you did with root. If you changed anything system wise use titanium (or favorite app) to restore system files. Then in superuser click "full un-root". You should be back to stock now. Perform a factory data reset if you don't think your getting your phone back.

2. You rooted, installed superuser, busy box, and safestrap. In safestrap you made a nandroid backup and saved it somewhere. Then you wiped and installed a rom to some slot and had fun!

Now to return to stock place your nandroid backup in stock slot. Reboot and it should be back to stock with root. Uninstall safestrap and busy box. Now use superuser to do a full un-root.

3. You rooted and had fun! You forgot to backup anything and are now scared. You can go to see a Samsung rep at bestbuy and have him re-flash kit Kat for ya.

4. You rooted and had fun! But didn't back anything up and don't have a bestbuy nearby. You can search for an at&t service center. They can re-flash kit Kat for you.

5. You rooted and had fun! But didn't backup and there's no bestbuy or at&t service nearby. You can send your device to www.mobiletechvideos.com and pay them to fix your fun. The process usually takes a week.

6. You rooted and had fun but no backups, no bestbuy, no at&t service, and can't afford mobile tech. You are now up the creek without a paddle. You have to wait for a restore nc2 thread, or Odin tar file gets released.