[Updated 2/7/2011]Tom XAP Installer v1.2 with multiple xaps install support

Search This thread

athompson

Oct 19, 2010
What's wrong with you Chevron guys? Why the hell did you work LIKE HELL on that unlocking stuff, just to shut the whole thing down in less than 2 weeks? You can't tell me you're still figuring out how to persuade Microsoft..

For the fun of it. They already paid $99 for developer unlock, so they have no need for it for themselves. Plus they got a trip to Redmond to talk to the Big Bosses. Now they are fairly famous, they have a reputation for being good at what they do (try putting 'first to unlock WP7' on your resume, it'll be good), and don't REALLY need to do anything else.

megagprime

Aug 6, 2008
keep the chevrons coming!

I agree with half that statement. They seem to be the best at what they do, that's for sure. .. But I don't think they're goin anywhere, there'a cookin up something =)

I think they'll be the TeamXecuter of Xbox for WP7
bringing us all the goodies we can handle
(I hope so!)

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2010
This means only can use XAP install method 10 times --- THEN WHAT ? Can uninstall and swap around??? Any way to get around this ??? How can I also get full file system, registry, etc access ? Want to install regedit, taskmgr, and explorer to MOZART... And how to get into BOOTLOADER ?

TheShowStopper

Jun 21, 2007
near Derby
Hi Tom!!! I have 2 questions if i may.

1. The device MUST be unlocked with Chevron before i can use your program to add XAP files for ringtones... is that correct or incorrect?

2. When using Microsoft Expression Encoder 4, it saves your encoded file as the same name if you do one tone at a time... is it right or wrong to manually rename each individual file to say... ABC.Ringtones.xap, XYZ.Ringtones.xap, 123.Ringtones.xap etc etc?

Many thanks in advance if you can answer this for me and keep up the great work!

Oh... almost forgot... does your program work on XP SP3??? :)

sIiiS

DO i need to install any developer enviroment like visual studio ore something?

i ask because when starting XAP Installer then i see the windows where i can select to install to device or emulator and then i get an erroro message like you see in attachement
I have this problem too, installed .NetFramework4.0 and SDK but still have this error when I want install .xap

TheShowStopper

Jun 21, 2007
near Derby
Seasons Greetings one and all!

Right, my findings and results... I officially quit! Been trying to get this XAP working for the past 7 hours (as i have with Chevron)... what a way to spend Christmas Day :( Got no joy whatsoever so until someone has 5 mins to reply and help the clueless (me for one!) then i'm ignoring the whole idea cus this seems to be a bit messy if you're not sure which direction to go in.

All this hassle just to change to a ringtone seems a blummin farce in my eyes. Anyone else thinking it's a bit of a trawl just for the sake of this? Micro-toss really made hard work of a light job on this one eh :( Pretty unimpressive.

Anyway, off for a mince pie or 3 so hopefully someone can pitch in after they've downed all of their beer! lol

Cheers and have a good one folks! :D

Last edited:

Redlime

Mar 16, 2010
Tracy
run it in admin, your getting that exeption cause it cant write or load blocked files, but i still cant get the officiol program to run in admin, cause i cant find it

pbelcl

XAP Installer does not work ;-(

I tried again and installed ALL with Administrator rights, but also the same.
as i want to install a XAP File (the icon is here!) i get the errormessage:

--------------beginn----------------------
Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Die Datei oder Assembly "Microsoft.SmartDevice.Connectivity, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" oder eine Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
Dateiname: "Microsoft.SmartDevice.Connectivity, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"
bei Tom_XAP_Installer.Form1.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Protokollierung der Assemblybindung ist AUS.
Sie können die Protokollierung der Assemblybindungsfehler aktivieren, indem Sie den Registrierungswert [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) auf 1 festlegen.
Hinweis: Die Protokollierung der Assemblybindungsfehler führt zu einer gewissen Leistungseinbuße.
Sie können dieses Feature deaktivieren, indem Sie den Registrierungswert [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] entfernen.

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
mscorlib
Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100).
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll.
----------------------------------------
Tom XAP Installer
Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0.
CodeBase: file:///P:/Software/PDA%20-%20Windows%20Phone%207/XAP%20Installer/Tom%20XAP%20Installer.exe.
System.Windows.Forms
Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.
System.Windows.Forms.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.
mscorlib.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************
Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der
Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers
(machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.
Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle nicht behandelten
Ausnahmen an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem
Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.

---------------end------------------------

Give up now, maybe i have to wait till this software works more stable ....

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
I tried again and installed ALL with Administrator rights, but also the same.
as i want to install a XAP File (the icon is here!) i get the errormessage:
Code:
--------------beginn----------------------
Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Die Datei oder Assembly "Microsoft.SmartDevice.Connectivity, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" oder eine Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
Dateiname: "Microsoft.SmartDevice.Connectivity, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"
   bei Tom_XAP_Installer.Form1.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Protokollierung der Assemblybindung ist AUS.
Sie können die Protokollierung der Assemblybindungsfehler aktivieren, indem Sie den Registrierungswert [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) auf 1 festlegen.
Hinweis: Die Protokollierung der Assemblybindungsfehler führt zu einer gewissen Leistungseinbuße.
Sie können dieses Feature deaktivieren, indem Sie den Registrierungswert [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] entfernen.

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
mscorlib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll.
Tom XAP Installer
    Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0.
    CodeBase: file:///P:/Software/PDA%20-%20Windows%20Phone%207/XAP%20Installer/Tom%20XAP%20Installer.exe.
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.
mscorlib.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************
Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der
Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers
(machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.
Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle nicht behandelten
Ausnahmen an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem
Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.

---------------end------------------------

Give up now, maybe i have to wait till this software works more stable ....

It seems like you're missing Microsoft.SmartDevice.Connectivity, which is a part of the WP7 Developer Tools download. Try installing this, and then trying TomXapInstaller.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all !

For all devices unlocked with ChevronWP7 Unlocker , we're can easy install custom ringtones or applications .XAP format via Application Deployment , but everytimes need open start menu --> Application Deployment then browser .xap to tool for install take too much times and almost make some in us crazy :)

That why i decided to write Tom XAP installer , basicly Tom XAP installer and Application Deployment are the same ( Alow install custom .xap to device and emulator windows phone 7 ) But Tom XAP installer a lot convenience , it's alow you install .xap with double click to file or simple just right click --> install xap

How to :

Download exe and put it somewhere in PC, run it , it will automatic add registry path of application and add menu , icon to .XAP files

Capture.PNG

Then just close it and now double click to custom ringtones , or any .xap format files , the Tom XAP installer will automatic open and give you some details ( App name , Version , Author , Size , Description of XAP ) then select where you will install xap ( device or emulator )

Capture1.PNG

Press Install and wait it finish.

Notices :

1. Tom XAP installer Requires .NET 4.0 Framework and Windows Phone 7 SDK

2. If you install xap to device
    - Please make sure your device was unlocked with ChevronWP7 Unlocker ( Here is guide how to unlock )
    - Make sure your device was connected with PC and Zune lauched
    - Make sure your device not in sleep mode

3. If you move Tom XAP installer.exe to other location in PC , you should run it again one time for registry again location of application

4. If you don't like this software , just run Tom XAP installer.exe and uncheck " Enable Tom XAP installer" it will uninstall all registry of Tom XAP installer in your PC

-Updated v1.2 2/7/2011 :

-Update support multiple xaps install
    -Make right admin access

Video :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rORHjgsXmjc&hd=1

-Updated v1.1 1/9/2011 :

Fixed problems when install Games , now icons should works correctly !

For fix limit 10 .xap install to device , use new ChervonWP7 without limit xap install :
    http://www.mediafire.com/?os9hxw12bydl8nq

Cheers !

Tom
    It's only a matter of time before we figure out a registry setting or a tweak that will allow more.
    @ all : update version 1.1 of XAP installer , now it should works correctly with all xap and show icons of xbox live games :)

Cheers !

Tom
    Great Tom!
    nice to see you around:)
    Oh. I just read that you're using HD2 ROMS? on an LG Quantum?

Sent from my Focus using XDA Windows Phone 7 App