Samsung boot animations

Search This thread

Reborn627

Aug 11, 2011
Goffstown, NH
I've not seen this listed in the continuum forums so I thought I'd post the link. I'm pretty tired of seeing Verizon every time I reboot my phone. The shutdown animations are easy enough to change but I've had little luck finding or figuring out the .qmg file thing. I was poking around and I found this thread in the Epic forums. I am currently running the Charge boot animation and it works great. The one hitch, after you install through recovery you'll need to go in an explorer, I use root explorer, to system/media and rename the your bootsamsung.qmg to something like boot.sam and rename the bootani.qmg file to bootsamsung.qmg. Hope you anjoy. Credit goes to nubecoder.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1206374

Peace,
Ray

ciscogee

Aug 13, 2011
Wa State
Good find

Looks Like once you rename the files after the flash, you can reflash another without having to change names again.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using xda premium

Last edited:

espidroid

Jan 19, 2011
messed up somewhere

I did the whole rename thing but when i did it they came together(the names) then i didnt know which was which. Anyway some how i got boot.ani boot.sam & bootsamsung on there. dont know how to get back, any help would be much appreciated. Now all i get is the droid charge sound but no animation

Reborn627

Aug 11, 2011
Goffstown, NH
The one you want to use has to have the .qmg file extension. So, it would be bootsamsung.qmg

Reborn627

Aug 11, 2011
Goffstown, NH
You use CWM recovery to flash it. Once flashed you need to rename the files as outlined above.

espidroid

Jan 19, 2011
I did that, and the first reboot had started with the continuum boot then showed the droid eye, then came on. After i changed the names but somehow got boot.sam, bootani.qmg, bootsamsung.qmg all in the media folder. Now I can hear the droid charge boot animation just cant see it. Was thinking should i just reflash the DC07 rom. then try this again or is there an easier way? Thanks

Reborn627

Aug 11, 2011
Goffstown, NH
No need to reflash the ROM. I'd reflash the shutdowns and repeat the process. I've not got a clue what you might have done.

jaizero

Oct 14, 2009
La Crosse, WI
I did that, and the first reboot had started with the continuum boot then showed the droid eye, then came on. After i changed the names but somehow got boot.sam, bootani.qmg, bootsamsung.qmg all in the media folder. Now I can hear the droid charge boot animation just cant see it. Was thinking should i just reflash the DC07 rom. then try this again or is there an easier way? Thanks

The rom is EC07 not DC07... Try not to spread bad info. People get confused easily.

Txwolf1980

Aug 13, 2011
Huntsville Tx
Stupid question, but I can't find /system folder. I'm using ES file explorer. Any help?

Yeah. Es defaults to /sd card. In the app go menu settings. Under home directory, make it just say "/" then scroll down to root and mount system, and make sure voth are checked. Then you are good.

sent from my gutted continuum. courtesy of imnuts adrynalyne and trailblazer

Reactions: raptor5k

raptor5k

Oct 3, 2011
New Mexico
Wow, there it is. Thanks.

Next Question. I renamed the bootsamsung.qmg to boot.sam, which got rid of the boot animation, but I don't have the bootani.qmg. I reflashed the boot image I downloaded, and looked again but it's still not there. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I reflashed the file, and the bootani.qmg showed up. Kind of sweet. Wish I could use some of the custom ones that are out there, but I guess I should be happy I was able to change it for now, eh?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've not seen this listed in the continuum forums so I thought I'd post the link. I'm pretty tired of seeing Verizon every time I reboot my phone. The shutdown animations are easy enough to change but I've had little luck finding or figuring out the .qmg file thing. I was poking around and I found this thread in the Epic forums. I am currently running the Charge boot animation and it works great. The one hitch, after you install through recovery you'll need to go in an explorer, I use root explorer, to system/media and rename the your bootsamsung.qmg to something like boot.sam and rename the bootani.qmg file to bootsamsung.qmg. Hope you anjoy. Credit goes to nubecoder.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1206374

Peace,
    Ray
    Stupid question, but I can't find /system folder. I'm using ES file explorer. Any help?

Yeah. Es defaults to /sd card. In the app go menu settings. Under home directory, make it just say "/" then scroll down to root and mount system, and make sure voth are checked. Then you are good.

sent from my gutted continuum. courtesy of imnuts adrynalyne and trailblazer